Subscribed Thread Is Stalking Me!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, not really... But still. Close enough!

Hoping someone can help me understand.

I clicked on the thread "Your favorite web forums/pages besides Veggie Boards?" one day, and (apparently) while I was midway through a post, the thread was merged with another. So when I hit post, my post disappeared into the cyber abyss, and didn't get posted in EITHER thread.

So I went ahead to the other thread (Here, called "What are your favorite web sites?") and re-typed and posted my post there.

And all that was well and good, BUT...

Now the thread "Your favorite web forums/pages besides Veggie Boards?" will NOT leave my subscribed threads list in my User CP.

It is not bold, like the other new threads, it is regular text. (I belong to other forums that leave up read New Posts and read Subscribed Posts in your list even after you've read them and the unread are bold like ours, and the read ones are like the thread stuck in my CP, regular).

And even when I hit "Unsubscribe" it goes through the process of taking me to that "Your subscription has been removed" page, then redirects me to my User CP... And the thread is STILL there! Log out, and back in... Still there.

It won't leave me alone!!!

Help?

(I'm wondering if I have to unsubscribe to the OTHER thread (which I may have done, I can't remember)... But in case I haven't, forgive my ignorance, I don't know how. Since this board clears out threads that have been read from my User CP, even if I'm still subscribed... And no one has posted in there since the 17th and even if I post there, it won't pop up in my subscribed threads so someone else would have to in order for me to see it... Hrm... I dunno...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

(I'm wondering if I have to unsubscribe to the OTHER thread (which I may have done, I can't remember)... But in case I haven't, forgive my ignorance, I don't know how. Since this board clears out threads that have been read from my User CP, even if I'm still subscribed... And no one has posted in there since the 17th and even if I post there, it won't pop up in my subscribed threads so someone else would have to in order for me to see it... Hrm... I dunno...)

It doesn't clear out threads you're subscribed to. They just don't pop up in the "home page" (lack of a better word) if they're not unread. Go to "list all subscriptions" on the left hand side bar.
#3 Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:

It doesn't clear out threads you're subscribed to. They just don't pop up in the "home page" (lack of a better word) if they're not unread. Go to "list all subscriptions" on the left hand side bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:

It doesn't clear out threads you're subscribed to. They just don't pop up in the User CP "home page" (lack of a better word) if they're not unread. Go to "list all subscriptions" on the left hand side bar.
#5 Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

It doesn't clear out threads you're subscribed to. They just don't pop up in the User CP "home page" (lack of a better word) if they're not unread. Go to "list all subscriptions" on the left hand side bar.

Oh, thanks, that's handy to know! If only I could have been able to, you know, read and figure that out myself... *ashamed*

So... Now I know I am not still subscribed to the other thread.

So that can't even be it! Darnit...

It's... Still... Stalking... Meeeeee!
#6 Old 08-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Administrator

So it's linking to a thread that no longer exists? Do you have a link?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 08-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

So it's linking to a thread that no longer exists? Do you have a link?

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in my User CP. It's ALWAYS at the bottom of my subscribed threads and marks itself as unread in the tally at the top (where it says New Subscribed Threads: (11) or whatever), despite appearing "read" because it's in non-bold.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...hreadissue.jpg

The link it links to is this:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...d.php?t=107906

Which goes to the thread it was merged with. Which I am not subscribed to.

And despite multiple attempts to unsubscribe from the one in my User CP, it will not go away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page