or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegan Forums › Vegan Support Forum › Vegan french fries at major fast food chains.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vegan french fries at major fast food chains.

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know if any of the big burger chains in the U.S have fries that are Vegan? I mean no beef stock, and not cooked in animal fat?
post #2 of 22
The only ones I know of that aren't vegan are McDonalds.
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
post #3 of 22
Burger King.
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

The only ones I know of that aren't vegan are McDonalds.



Long John Silvers uses the same oil for their meat as they do for the fries. I don't know if you'd consider that acceptable or not.
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Burger King.



What is wrong with BK's fries?
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

What is wrong with BK's fries?



Nothing, they are vegan and we posted at the same time. The OP was asking for Vegan ff fries. Burger King came to mind.
post #7 of 22
Does anyone know about Hardee's curly fries? My husband drives in there a few times and I have not ate there since like high school.
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Nothing, they are vegan and we posted at the same time. The OP was asking for Vegan ff fries. Burger King came to mind.



Oops. I forgot what the original question was. I thought he was asking which fries are not ok.
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Oops. I forgot what the original question was. I thought he was asking which fries are not ok.



And that is why I love the quote button.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Does anyone know about Hardee's curly fries? My husband drives in there a few times and I have not ate there since like high school.



According to http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...fo/Hardees.htm Hardees cooks their fries in the same vat as their meat.
post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissierissie View Post

Long John Silvers uses the same oil for their meat as they do for the fries. I don't know if you'd consider that acceptable or not.



I was hoping to have fries that haven't been cooked in the same oil as meat. I feel like the only time I can be sure is when I'm at a vegetarian resturant.
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

I was hoping to have fries that haven't been cooked in the same oil as meat. I feel like the only time I can be sure is when I'm at a vegetarian resturant.



Burger King is your best bet. They are SUPPOSED to cook the fries in different oil, though on the BK site they make no guarantee that any food served (including their veggie burgers) is suitable for a veg*n diet.



If there's an In-N-Out near you they don't have any fried foods other than the fries so they would be safe.
post #13 of 22
At Hooters, there is a separate fryer for the fries, but if the fryers are full because it's super busy they will be dropped with the wings, pickles, and ribs.
post #14 of 22
My ex used to work at a Sonic where they had separate fryers for fries, but they often put the fries in the same oil as the chicken, etc... A lot of fast food places will do that, so it's really never a sure thing.
post #15 of 22
ooo I have quite a few in-n-outs around here, never go cause they dont seem very veg friendly.. but now i might have to treat myself to some fries sometime
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissierissie View Post

Burger King is your best bet. They are SUPPOSED to cook the fries in different oil, though on the BK site they make no guarantee that any food served (including their veggie burgers) is suitable for a veg*n diet.



If there's an In-N-Out near you they don't have any fried foods other than the fries so they would be safe.



I'm in So Cal so In and Out is a definate possibility.
post #17 of 22
First - fries aren't part of my diet.



My daughter (teen) works at BK and says not when she is on them as it is policy. However, she has seen the managers drop meat products in the FF fryers when busy. Best bet .... if you have to have them, cook 'em at home
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

At Hooters, there is a separate fryer for the fries, but if the fryers are full because it's super busy they will be dropped with the wings, pickles, and ribs.

Waitaminute... Hooters has fried pickles?
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem09 View Post

ooo I have quite a few in-n-outs around here, never go cause they dont seem very veg friendly.. but now i might have to treat myself to some fries sometime



Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

I'm in So Cal so In and Out is a definate possibility.



You can also get a "Wish Burger" at In-N-Out which is a bun with lettuce and tomato, if you order it with no cheese and ketchup/mustard instead of another sauce it's vegan since they don't use egg, milk or honey in the buns.
post #20 of 22

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.


Edited by sleepydvdr - 6/26/12 at 9:13am
post #21 of 22
In regard to Jack in the Box:

Quote:
Vegan items are French fries (supposed to be cooked in seperate oil, but not guaranteed), potato wedges (I suppose you can order them w/o cheese or bacon), guacamole, salsa, side salad, English muffin, hamburger bun, sesame breadsticks, tortilla bowl, pita bread, gyro bread and Apple turnover. Hot sauce, malt vinegar, soy sauce and taco sauce are vegan.

Now put all those together and make a sandwich.^^
post #22 of 22
wendy's fries can be cooked in the same oil as meat, it really depends on which wendy's you go to.



and as far as i know steak'n shake fries are vegan, including not being cooked in oil with meat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vegan Support Forum
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegan Forums › Vegan Support Forum › Vegan french fries at major fast food chains.