or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Compost Heap › Why Palin is kept under wraps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Palin is kept under wraps

post #1 of 185
Thread Starter 
ROFLMAO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc



This is how she does after a month of intensive prep and with a softball interviewer like Couric?!
post #2 of 185
Thanks for posting this, I'm gonna check it out later.
post #3 of 185
Well, it looks like she wasn't chosen for her TV interviewing skills. She might really know what she's talking about, but the interview really did not give me the impression that she did. It appeared she doesn't know all that much about McCain other than what he's been saying in his campaign.
"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say '$#!±, it's raining!'"  Ruby, in "Cold Mountain"
Reply
"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say '$#!±, it's raining!'"  Ruby, in "Cold Mountain"
Reply
post #4 of 185
It seems that Gov. Palin has been given the George W. Bush debate preparation course or is at least channeling W?



http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/op...ollins.html?hp



Quote:
As Obama put it: The risk of doing nothing is economic catastrophe.



Or, as Sarah Palin told Katie Couric on CBS News last night: Not necessarily this, as its been proposed, has to pass or were gonna find ourselves in another Great Depression. But there has to be action taken, bipartisan effort Congress not pointing fingers at this point at ... one another, but finding the solution to this, taking action and being serious about the reforms on Wall Street that are needed.



So say we all.



(Palin was unable to answer questions about McCains record and relief for homeowners with troubled mortgages. But she did reveal forthrightly that she considers her running mate a maverick.)



post #5 of 185
Thread Starter 
post #6 of 185
Wow. That was just painful to watch!
post #7 of 185
She's kept under wraps to muffle the horrible sound.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #8 of 185
Thread Starter 
Yeah, she does have an awful voice. If she stays on the public stage, I hope she does some voice training.
post #9 of 185
McCain had only spoke with her twice and didn't fully look into her background before he chose her as a running mate. He obviously wanted to try to gain some of those voters that were upset that Hilary didn't win. It didn't work and the fact that they don't let her talk just hurts them more. She doesn't talk because she isn't knowledgeable on the issues that voters care about. With the things McCain has said and the decisions he made in his campaign, I shutter to think what would happen if he won the presidency.
post #10 of 185
Thread Starter 
I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for Palin after watching the Couric interviews. They've kept her completely under wraps for a month, but, based on her performance with Couric, they must not have done any prep at all with her. She seems to be window dressing and nothing more. That's a terrible position in which to put anyone.
post #11 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for Palin after watching the Couric interviews. They've kept her completely under wraps for a month, but, based on her performance with Couric, they must not have done any prep at all with her. She seems to be window dressing and nothing more. That's a terrible position in which to put anyone.



Well there is more to being VP than being well prepared to discuss FDR's dramatic television address as president in 1929.
post #12 of 185
If McCain wins she is only heartbeat away from being President. That heart belongs to a 72 year old 3 time cancer survivour, too....



But then again Americans seem to like stupid presidents. They voted a moron into office in 2000 and again in 2004. In that case Palin is perfect for the job
post #13 of 185
Would you have done any better? I sure wouldn't have. I like that she's a real person, and hasn't been sculpted into some fake tv personality.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

Reply

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

Reply
post #14 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

If McCain wins she is only heartbeat away from being President. That heart belongs to a 72 year old 3 time cancer survivour, too....



But then again Americans seem to like stupid presidents. They voted a moron into office in 2000 and again in 2004. In that case Palin is perfect for the job



Don't forget to lump yourself in there Mr. Dual Citizenship.
post #15 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

Would you have done any better? I sure wouldn't have. I like that she's a real person, and hasn't been sculpted into some fake tv personality.



So you have very low standards for what might turn out to be the leader of the United States. She shows absolutely no knowledge on any of the key issues.
post #16 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

So you have very low standards for what might turn out to be the leader of the United States. She shows absolutely no knowledge on any of the key issues.



You would rather have someone who doesn't know when FDR took office, given that you can't even have a rudimentary grasp of FDR's presidency without knowing the circumstances under which he took office?



You want our nation led out of financial crisis by someone who has no idea of what happened during similar times in the past?
post #17 of 185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Martini View Post

You would rather have someone who doesn't know when FDR took office, given that you can't even have a rudimentary grasp of FDR's presidency without knowing the circumstances under which he took office?



You want our nation led out of financial crisis by someone who has no idea of what happened during similar times in the past?



Nice attempts at obfuscation. Yeah, Biden frequently says stupid things. So do we all, perhaps even you. The great majority of time he shows himself to be knowledgeable. Compare that to someone who hasn't, since selected, strung an intelligible sentence together that wasn't scripted. (And saying something stupid, like saying a president addressed the nation via TV when it was via radio, is hardly substantive regarding measures taken in wake of the Great Depression. McCain has goofed as badly, and worse. Want to put NcCain up against Biden as to the measures that were taken in the wake of the Great Crash?)



BTW, Amy, have you become a Remi clone in the last year or so, or are you just "channeling" him? Your writing styles have become remarkably similar. Oh, and this is mouse, if you had any question about it.
post #18 of 185
I don't see her as being much different than the others. All I get out of Obama's speeches are change, similar to the way Kerry used to talk about how he wasn't Bush but gave very little substance in his speeches. Obama could also be the least experienced President in a century if he wins. McCain knows foreign policy issues, but does he have much knowledge otherwise? Are either of the Presidential candidates knowledgeable about economic issues? Neither of them come across that way. I haven't seen much of Biden's speeches, but none of the other three candidates make me optimistic about the country's future.
post #19 of 185
Thread Starter 
You don't see a difference among them?



Wow.
post #20 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

You don't see a difference among them?



Wow.



I didn't say there's no difference, but none of the candidates come across as being bright to me.
post #21 of 185
The National Review's columnist Kathleen Parker (not exactly a liberal publication), had this to say about Gov. Palin. Obviously they were listening to her try to answer lol:



Quote:
"Palins recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.



Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and theres not much content there. Heres but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that were talking about today. And thats something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.



When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obamas numbers, Palin blustered wordily: Im not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see whos more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and whos actually done it?



If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.(emphasis added)



If Palin were a man, wed all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because shes a woman and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.



What to do?



McCain cant repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOPs unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.



Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.



Do it for your country. "



http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...MyYTUxZDkwNTE=
post #22 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

Would you have done any better? I sure wouldn't have. I like that she's a real person, and hasn't been sculpted into some fake tv personality.



Do you consider yourself qualified to be president? She might be a very nice person and a good person to have as a neighbor, but that doesn't make her qualified to be president.



--Fromper

post #23 of 185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

I didn't say there's no difference, but none of the candidates come across as being bright to me.



As compared to whom?
post #24 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

Would you have done any better? I sure wouldn't have. I like that she's a real person, and hasn't been sculpted into some fake tv personality.



I am 22 years old and cannot run. But, I am without a doubt certain that I know more about most of the current world and domestic issues than does Sarah Palin. I am pretty confident that I could probably demolish her in a debate. Not only that, but since she is 44 and had lots of kids, I am pretty sure that I could also demolish her in the bikini competitions she used to participate in too. So pagent or debate, bring Sarah on, I'm ready!
post #25 of 185
Thread Starter 
^^^ Agrees.
post #26 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

I am pretty sure that I could also demolish her in the bikini competitions she used to participate in too. So pagent or debate, bring Sarah on, I'm ready!

oh yeah? prove it!
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
post #27 of 185
Ouch. We have Fox News on at work all the time but thankfully it's muted. This must be the first time I've actually heard her speak. Not quite what I expected.
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
post #28 of 185
The question is how important intelligence is for a candidate. Would Benjamin Franklin have made a good President? Was FDR intelligent? Was George Washington intelligent? For me, I'll be voting for a third party candidate just because I feel big business has too much influence within the leading parties. If intelligence was a big issue, I'd look at economic issues as being the one you should be most knowledgeable about considering the problems going on. Candidates have many speech writers today along with aides who know what they're doing, so is it that important? I know Bush has a reputation for not being overly intelligent and the country has survived more than 7 years with him as President. I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than they should.
post #29 of 185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

The question is how important intelligence is for a candidate. Would Benjamin Franklin have made a good President? Was FDR intelligent? Was George Washington intelligent? For me, I'll be voting for a third party candidate just because I feel big business has too much influence within the leading parties. If intelligence was a big issue, I'd look at economic issues as being the one you should be most knowledgeable about considering the problems going on.





Well, you're kind of backtracking here; you stated that there was no difference between Palin and the other three.



I suspect that Franklin would have made an excellent president. He had, in addition to his intelligence, damn fine diplomatic and practical skills, if you know any history.



Do you have any basis to question FDR's intelligence? Or Washington's? Or are these questions coming completely out of left field?



Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

Candidates have many speech writers today along with aides who know what they're doing, so is it that important? I know Bush has a reputation for not being overly intelligent and the country has survived more than 7 years with him as President. I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than they should.



Wow.
post #30 of 185
I'd like to believe a poor choice of a running-mate will sink a campaign, but I remember Dan Quayle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Compost Heap
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Compost Heap › Why Palin is kept under wraps