or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Compost Heap › Who do you support in the US Elections?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who do you support in the US Elections?

Poll Results: Who do you support in the US Elections?

 
  • 58% (55)
    Barack Obama
  • 10% (10)
    Hillary Clinton
  • 12% (12)
    John McCain
  • 18% (17)
    None of the above
94 Total Votes  
post #1 of 125
Thread Starter 
I'm wondering who everyone seems to favour, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have a poll.
post #2 of 125
I voted 'none of the above' because I support Sylar for president.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #3 of 125
I haven't made any decision, but I don't see any of them heading the United States into the right direction so none of the above.
post #4 of 125
None of these candidates have shown their fanatical belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Until they do I just can't trust that they have good morals. So I voted none.
post #5 of 125
Have to say Obama.....I think he is best suited to help improve the US' image abroad, has a more sensible health care plan, and can heal some of the racial divisions that plague this country.
post #6 of 125
Though he's not ideal, I voted for Obama. He seems to be considerably less "evil" than the other 3.
post #7 of 125
I'm for Obama. I mean, I live in Illinois -- in Chicago no less -- in Hyde Park, in fact -- but also I trust Obama more than any other candidate with regard to ending the heinous practice of torture, restoring civil liberties and abiding by the law with regard to wiretaps, and taking the constitution seriously. Contra shaved_women, though, I think Clinton has a better health care plan, although it's not enough to make me support her over Obama.
post #8 of 125
Obama has a clear, crisp look of honesty.



where as BOTH the Clintons have a kind of doughy look, perhaps they bury things in dough.



but that's just my intuition.
post #9 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

Obama has a clear, crisp look of honesty.



where as BOTH the Clintons have a kind of doughy look, perhaps they bury things in dough.



but that's just my intuition.



Are you referring to genetics, plastic surgery, or personality/charisma?
"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say '$#!±, it's raining!'"  Ruby, in "Cold Mountain"
Reply
"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say '$#!±, it's raining!'"  Ruby, in "Cold Mountain"
Reply
post #10 of 125
personality/charisma
post #11 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaved_women View Post

Have to say Obama.....has a more sensible health care plan



Please explain specifically how you think his health care plan is more sensible than Clinton's.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Reply

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Reply
post #12 of 125
I actually like McCain's health care plan better than Obama's or Clinton's. But Obama wins on many other matters, so that's who I'm supporting.
post #13 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaved_women View Post

Have to say Obama.....I think he is best suited to help improve the US' image abroad, has a more sensible health care plan, and can heal some of the racial divisions that plague this country.



Don't most of the same reasons apply to Nader as well?
post #14 of 125
Obama.



For once I don't feel like I'm picking between the lesser of two evils, I feel like I'm supporting a candidate I truly believe in.
post #15 of 125
If I were eligible to vote in your elections, I would cast my vote for Senator Obama. I wouldn't say he's perfect - far from it - but I do think he's better than the alternatives.



Senator Clinton is a liar. "I have been a critic of NAFTA from the very beginning." Really?

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat?pid=300860

There's all sorts of dirt on her, too much to cover in a single post. In short, I don't like her. She comes off as the kind of woman who feels she has to compensate for being a woman, and therefore needs to be "tough" on security issues, use the term "commander-in-chief" incessantly, and describe herself as "a fighter".



Senator McCain is in league with the Bush administration. Besides, he's a conservative and a republican. Although, if he's elected president, I think it would be an improvement over the Bush administration.



As for third party candidates, I wish you had some real alternatives, but none of them has the necessary financial backing. I would feel that it was more important to use my vote to help prevent the Republicans from winning than to vote for a candidate that can't win anyway. Although, if the Dems nominate Clinton, then a third party candidate would seem like the obvious choice.

I no longer post here after the 2012 schism and exodus. (See my profile.) 

Reply

I no longer post here after the 2012 schism and exodus. (See my profile.) 

Reply
post #16 of 125
Wow, suddenly I feel as if I dont belong, anyone remember what America was like when Bill was the Prez? Voting for Hillary gets you the twofer. Voting for Obama gets you a fanatical pastor.
post #17 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Senator Clinton is a liar.





As is Obama. Concerning Wright's wrongs: First Obama says he knows nothing about anything controversial, then he says he actually did know but didn't agree with the sentiment.



Pick your poison.
post #18 of 125
McCain is evil in my opinion...



As much as I love Hilary...we have gotten ourselves in deep **** with countries all over the world who think women can not have power of any kind, and that 'whitey' is the devil...



...so, lets put a slightly dark-skinned man up there for a little while.



(please don't flame me...as much as race shouldn't be an issue, it obviously is... and there are several countries we will be negotiating with that would not respect Hilary at all, but would discuss terms with Obama)
Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
Reply
Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
Reply
post #19 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

As much as I love Hilary...we have gotten ourselves in deep **** with countries all over the world who think women can not have power of any kind, and that 'whitey' is the devil...



...so, lets put a slightly dark-skinned man up there for a little while.



(please don't flame me...as much as race shouldn't be an issue, it obviously is... and there are several countries we will be negotiating with that would not respect Hilary at all, but would discuss terms with Obama)

Nice that you've found supporting Obama as a way of perpetuating bigotry. That's so special is makes me profoundly sad for mankind!
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
post #20 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

Nice that you've found supporting Obama as a way of perpetuating bigotry.

That is so much worse than supporting bigotry by supporting a Republican.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #21 of 125
Sorry you two, but that's my impression of our current situation.



(I've noticed, that when a poster humbly mentions reasoning behind a post and begs to not be flamed, they get flamed more than anyone else on the thread...)
Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
Reply
Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
Reply
post #22 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Wow, suddenly I feel as if I dont belong, anyone remember what America was like when Bill was the Prez? Voting for Hillary gets you the twofer. Voting for Obama gets you a fanatical pastor.

I think sometimes we see the past as more rosy than it actually was. We forget the bad things and remember only the good. Compared to the current administration, those were indeed good times. But it was a divided country, and Mrs. Clinton was seen as a polarizing figure who contributed to that.



Also, Obama's pastor is a pastor no more, although I'm sure some people intend to make him more famous now than he ever was during his time as a pastor. For a more balanced view of the pastor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

(Have a look at the photo from the White House prayer breakfast, btw ...)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraut View Post

As is Obama. Concerning Wright's wrongs: First Obama says he knows nothing about anything controversial, then he says he actually did know but didn't agree with the sentiment.

"I don't know nothing about anything controversial." Somehow I don't think those were his exact words.

I no longer post here after the 2012 schism and exodus. (See my profile.) 

Reply

I no longer post here after the 2012 schism and exodus. (See my profile.) 

Reply
post #23 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

Sorry you two, but that's my impression of our current situation.

No need to say 'sorry' to me, I was only bashing Republicans, not commenting on your post

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #24 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

I think sometimes we see the past as more rosy than it actually was. We forget the bad things and remember only the good. Compared to the current administration, those were indeed good times. But it was a divided country, and Mrs. Clinton was seen as a polarizing figure who contributed to that.



Also, Obama's pastor is a pastor no more, although I'm sure some people intend to make him more famous now than he ever was during his time as a pastor. For a more balanced view of the pastor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

(Have a look at the photo from the White House prayer breakfast, btw ...)





"I don't know nothing about anything controversial." Somehow I don't think those were his exact words.



A user edited site that is disputed I tend to be skeptical of all Wikis. Second in away you contridict your own statement by pointing out a picture that was taken some 3 years before September 11.

After the f'ed up situation here with the primary and the fact that even if the votes were not going to count Obama still didn't campaign here, in our troubled economic times makes me wonder. And since the best candidate dropped out, its either Clinton or Nader for me.



Also I think my reasons for supporting Clinton really lie with age and prior economical situations as well as where I live(d).
post #25 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Wow, suddenly I feel as if I dont belong, anyone remember what America was like when Bill was the Prez? Voting for Hillary gets you the twofer. Voting for Obama gets you a fanatical pastor.

Obama's married to the guy?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #26 of 125
No thats still illegal in most of the US of A.
post #27 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

As for third party candidates, I wish you had some real alternatives, but none of them has the necessary financial backing. I would feel that it was more important to use my vote to help prevent the Republicans from winning than to vote for a candidate that can't win anyway. Although, if the Dems nominate Clinton, then a third party candidate would seem like the obvious choice.

Let's see. Obama hangs around with a bigot, Hillary has endorsed many wars, and McCain is pretty much the same way. Nader has fought for the common person against the big industries, so I can't see how he's a bad alternative personally. My mother has the same opinion, but even she is thinking about voting for Nader. You have no idea how much votes somebody like Nader will get, so you can't say he won't win.
post #28 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

You have no idea how much votes somebody like Nader will get, so you can't say he won't win.

Uh..



Do you know what is a snowball's chance in Hell? That is roughly 11,5 times the chance Nader has of winning.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Reply
post #29 of 125
Obama does not hang around with a bigot.
post #30 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

Sorry you two, but that's my impression of our current situation.



(I've noticed, that when a poster humbly mentions reasoning behind a post and begs to not be flamed, they get flamed more than anyone else on the thread...)

You just go back and re-examine your own thoughts, you are lowering the terms of the debate to the level of the bigots. You would seem to know better and you ask not to be disturbed for voicing your moral cowardice. I refuse to silence my dissent. This is the heap, deal with it.
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Compost Heap
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Compost Heap › Who do you support in the US Elections?