DEFINITELY not stove-top safe.
My ditzy DH discovered that one the hard way. Blew up my cassarole dish and splattered food every-freakin-where.
Thank goodness we weren't in the room, or we could both have been *really* hurt. It flung glass so hard that it imbedded itself into the drywall on the opposite wall, 16.5 feet away.
Thank goodness that was *just* before we remodeled the kitchen, 'cos stuff ran down behind the bolted-in stove. Boy, was it NASTY back there when we ripped it out...apparently we weren't the first to have something icky get back there.