or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Veggie Patch › Tell someone that may feel unappreciated...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tell someone that may feel unappreciated... - Page 5

post #121 of 263
I appreciate AngelofDance, the fact you have "anyway dot dot dot" as your signature, that sure helps clear up a lot of things!



I'm not being derisory or a git, it shows you have a sense of ~phenomenon~ which is to believe at the end of the day, there is always an "anyway" ending to any given post! ok, so I am teasing, a bit, but no, a sig like that deserves respect!!!! I think that is very cool !!! ....now, ahem, let me read what you said again...



anyway... no offence!
post #122 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

But if you read the original post, I don't think you qualify as people who don't post often or people who aren't in the in crowd.



Believe it or not, there are boards that are busier that VB, more tightly moderated, and with fewer moderators. And on many of those boards there aren't constant threads about which people are wonderful where are the moderators are listed several times each. It could be worse.



Don't get me wrong. I wasn't complaining. I was just saying it's nice. And, if people want to say the appreciate people that aren't often acknowledged, that's cool. I just think it's hard to come up with people that don't post often, because people that don't post often don't make as much of an impression on such a busy board, even if it isn't the busiest board out there.



Anyway, this back and forth is "stealing the thunder" from those this thread was dedicated to, so let's allow it to get back on topic, 'kay?
post #123 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegAnaconda View Post

may I now say a not particularly special appreciation to? FUNKIFIED please? .......awww!!!!



I second that

she rocks

she lives the outdoor adventure life I could only dream of and she seems like a totally awsome, fun person
post #124 of 263
I would mention epski, but I've already PMed my feelings to him and I'd rather not admit those feelings in public



post #125 of 263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerbaboon View Post

Where are these boards that are busier than VB?



I believe we're the busiest veg board but there are plenty of other boards that are much larger than we are. This site has a listing of some of the larger boards (500,000+ posts), we're like 700 something.



http://www.big-boards.com
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Reply
post #126 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I believe we're the busiest veg board but there are plenty of other boards that are much larger than we are. This site has a listing of some of the larger boards (500,000+ posts), we're like 700 something.



http://www.big-boards.com



LOL We've been beat out by NSync, they're #20.

(it took me like 5 tries to type NSync, I kept wanting to spell it right)
http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Reply
http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Reply
post #127 of 263
I want to mention that I completely adore Miss Meg. She's a sweetheart, is very thoughtful, and is always ready to talk if you need it. *licks meg*
post #128 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

I just think it's hard to come up with people that don't post often, because people that don't post often don't make as much of an impression on such a busy board, even if it isn't the busiest board out there.



I think that's kind of the point.



In keeping in line with the spirit of the original idea of the thread, I appreciate 557-poster Natalie.
post #129 of 263
I'm now a little confused as to the original point of the thread, so I hope this is in keeping with it, but: I would like to say that I really appreciate Thalia and Bethanie's presence here. Everytime I see one of their posts, I appreciate the wisdom, thoughtfulness and honesty behind it.
post #130 of 263
aw, what a sweet thread. i just wanted to say that i don't think i've felt "underappreciated" here at VB. just about everyone that appreciates me has demonstrated their feelings in one way or another. that's why i like this place so much...people aren't afraid to be nice when they wanna be. of course, it swings the other way sometimes too.
post #131 of 263
Oh, dear! This not going to be simple.



Thanks to all who mentioned me. It made my day.



I appreciate the Admins and Mods on this board so much. How they put up with us all on our snippy days is more than I will ever understand. Thanks, gang.



To the teens I say, "I am so proud of you, and yes I read your forum. You reasure me that the future is in safe hands."



To my "children" Danny, Loki, Kpickle, Silverundertone, Mikie, Epski, Skylark, *Star*Lass*. You have a shoulder to cry on, rant to, anytime you need one. If someone is giving you a bad time, I'll catch a plane and come whoop um'.



To my prayer partners. Thanks for answering the 911's even though I don't give you any personal information concerning the person in need.



To my sisters, yes you, the loving ones, the sassy ones, the ones who have lived through hell and survived to tell the tale, YOU GO GIRLS!



To my brothers, that's right, (I stalk your forum by the way.) you who disagree with everything I believe, you who say what you feel no matter what kind of smelly stuff hits the fan, you the peacemakers, you fighters for fairness and balance, you who are ethical no matter what, DON'T YOU EVER CHANGE.



The the people who make me laugh on days I have felt like crying and the depression is thick enough to cut, Thank you so much. Too bad they can't bottle your humor and sell it. You would be rich.



To the people who feel like part of the wallpaper, unnotice, unmentioned. You are noticed and appreciated. As for wall paper, we need all the brightly colored, compassionate, one of a kind wall paper we can get. It always make the room so much brighter and happier.



And to each and every one of you on the board, (no gush intended) Has anyone told you they love you today? May I be the first?



Life2k

Mom Veeda
post #132 of 263
Life2k!! I can't believe I didn't mention you! You are so lovely!
post #133 of 263
life2k, that's one of the most lovely posts I've ever read.
post #134 of 263
I absolutely appreciate those sweet souls who took the time to encourage me when I suddenly found myself with three cats. You were amazing and so nonjudgmental at a difficult time for me...



Bizarro

Rabid Child

LadyFaile

Jess B

Citronella49



Those that I can count on for a laugh, a good opinion, and encouragement. There is one name at the top of that list



Jeffer



Everyone who is trying to grow a garden from an apartment as well as those of you who are trying to help them!



Sandiemac--1st congrats on the itty-bitty baby. I appreciate all you do to get us to mix it up with postcards (I appreciate those of you who sent me a card!) and other real time activities.



For coming out of the closet (I appreciate Christy13 for saying that) I appreciate



Rincaro.



For giving everyone a chance to say who they are in the Interrogation thread I appreciate



Chiaraluna



I was hoping to not mention anyone who has already been mentioned in this thread but I think I am about to fail. These are the names of people I appreciate reading...



Bankruptor (buy her a sporty tank with a cattle guard)

Mouse and her posts from Budda

OregonAmy just because I love all things Oregon

Christa13 because she has not blocked her mother in law

Bethanie for her sensibility

Tame, Ruthie, L2k, Krista because I can count on their solid advice (thanks especially to Ruthie for the borax flea control)

SunnyK because you are so unpredictable and thought provoking

Thalia because I want to disagree with you but really cannot and because you always have a great avatar.



Sky because I just love her.
post #135 of 263
What did I say?
post #136 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamila View Post

I absolutely appreciate those sweet souls who took the time to encourage me when I suddenly found myself with three cats. You were amazing and so nonjudgmental at a difficult time for me...



Bizarro

Rabid Child

LadyFaile

Jess B

Citronella49



Those that I can count on for a laugh, a good opinion, and encouragement. There is one name at the top of that list



Jeffer



Everyone who is trying to grow a garden from an apartment as well as those of you who are trying to help them!



Sandiemac--1st congrats on the itty-bitty baby. I appreciate all you do to get us to mix it up with postcards (I appreciate those of you who sent me a card!) and other real time activities.



For coming out of the closet (I appreciate Christy13 for saying that) I appreciate



Rincaro.



For giving everyone a chance to say who they are in the Interrogation thread I appreciate



Chiaraluna



I was hoping to not mention anyone who has already been mentioned in this thread but I think I am about to fail. These are the names of people I appreciate reading...



Bankruptor (buy her a sporty tank with a cattle guard)

Mouse and her posts from Budda

OregonAmy just because I love all things Oregon

Christa13 because she has not blocked her mother in law

Bethanie for her sensibility

Tame, Ruthie, L2k, Krista because I can count on their solid advice (thanks especially to Ruthie for the borax flea control)

SunnyK because you are so unpredictable and thought provoking

Thalia because I want to disagree with you but really cannot and because you always have a great avatar.



Sky because I just love her.



Thank you, if it's me that you're talking about.
post #137 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post

In keeping in line with the spirit of the original idea of the thread, I appreciate 557-poster Natalie.



Wow, right back at you mister! You're cool, sweet, intelligent and have fab music taste. Here's a hug for you - take an extra big one if you're feeling unappreciated. **hugs**



While I'm here I'd also like to send Warren a lush platonic smooch , send lots of love across the ocean to Life2k, and down the road to Loki, and thank you's to Zoebird, SallyK and Beforewisdom. Finally I also want to send some love out to the crew who frequent the 'What are you listening to right now' thread.



I look forward to all your posts.
post #138 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

I want to mention that I completely adore Miss Meg. She's a sweetheart, is very thoughtful, and is always ready to talk if you need it. *licks meg*

awwwwww

*smooch*
post #139 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

Oh, dear! This not going to be simple.



Thanks to all who mentioned me. It made my day.



I appreciate the Admins and Mods on this board so much. How they put up with us all on our snippy days is more than I will ever understand. Thanks, gang.



To the teens I say, "I am so proud of you, and yes I read your forum. You reasure me that the future is in safe hands."



To my "children" Danny, Loki, Kpickle, Silverundertone, Mikie, Epski, Skylark. You have a shoulder to cry on, rant to, anytime you need one. If someone is giving you a bad time, I'll catch a plane and come whoop um'.



To my prayer partners. Thanks for answering the 911's even though I don't give you any personal information concerning the person in need.



To my sisters, yes you, the loving ones, the sassy ones, the ones who have lived through hell and survived to tell the tale, YOU GO GIRLS!



To my brothers, that's right, (I stalk your forum by the way.) you who disagree with everything I believe, you who say what you feel no matter what kind of smelly stuff hits the fan, you the peacemakers, you fighters for fairness and balance, you who are ethical no matter what, DON'T YOU EVER CHANGE.



The the people who make me laugh on days I have felt like crying and the depression is thick enough to cut, Thank you so much. Too bad they can't bottle your humor and sell it. You would be rich.



To the people who feel like part of the wallpaper, unnotice, unmentioned. You are noticed and appreciated. As for wall paper, we need all the brightly colored, compassionate, one of a kind wall paper we can get. It always make the room so much brighter and happier.



And to each and every one of you on the board, (no gush intended) Has anyone told you they love you today? May I be the first?



Life2k

Mom Veeda



*sniff* that was beautiful. Life2k, I want to tell you how much I appreciate you, because although your views on certain things are different from a lot of us on here, you never come across judgmental or holier-than-thou. Your posts are always so well-thought and gracious.
post #140 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsy View Post

epski is always so encouraging to other writers and so many times I remember him when I'm ready to give up.

Have you seen his movie-? It was(for someone who's never met anyone actually from these boards in person) facinating to be able to put expression and a liveliness to a face and name from here. Oh yeah, and he's got talent obviously *no brown nosing-just facts judge for yourself* but...taller than I was thinking *LOL*

Sorry..moderately off topic....*wanders off*
post #141 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

Oh, dear! This not going to be simple.



Thanks to all who mentioned me. It made my day.



I appreciate the Admins and Mods on this board so much. How they put up with us all on our snippy days is more than I will ever understand. Thanks, gang.



To the teens I say, "I am so proud of you, and yes I read your forum. You reasure me that the future is in safe hands."



To my "children" Danny, Loki, Kpickle, Silverundertone, Mikie, Epski, Skylark. You have a shoulder to cry on, rant to, anytime you need one. If someone is giving you a bad time, I'll catch a plane and come whoop um'.



To my prayer partners. Thanks for answering the 911's even though I don't give you any personal information concerning the person in need.



To my sisters, yes you, the loving ones, the sassy ones, the ones who have lived through hell and survived to tell the tale, YOU GO GIRLS!



To my brothers, that's right, (I stalk your forum by the way.) you who disagree with everything I believe, you who say what you feel no matter what kind of smelly stuff hits the fan, you the peacemakers, you fighters for fairness and balance, you who are ethical no matter what, DON'T YOU EVER CHANGE.



The the people who make me laugh on days I have felt like crying and the depression is thick enough to cut, Thank you so much. Too bad they can't bottle your humor and sell it. You would be rich.



To the people who feel like part of the wallpaper, unnotice, unmentioned. You are noticed and appreciated. As for wall paper, we need all the brightly colored, compassionate, one of a kind wall paper we can get. It always make the room so much brighter and happier.



And to each and every one of you on the board, (no gush intended) Has anyone told you they love you today? May I be the first?



Life2k

Mom Veeda





post #142 of 263
THANK YOU meg and anaconda! i was coming in here to mention you two believe it or not!



meg cause even though i don't know ya very well, you seem cool as b-lls! and it seems like we would really get along, and you like horses!



and veganconda - even though some may not always understand you, i get your writing style! and your posts make me smile



flower - cause you seem very down to earth and sweet and you like cool things likd kayaks like i do! and i want to go snowshoeing with ya!



slynny and captain swab - hamster masters and alwys encouraging!



oregon amy - i like your sense of humor!
post #143 of 263
When I first got on to the boards, Skylark was just so encouraging and sweet. I was so glad to meet someone who is both Christian and Vegetarian. In general, she's very sweet. As I understand it now, she's really busy in college and has to concentrate on her studies. Believe me, I've been there. I would have done so much better in college if I hadn't allowed myself to be distracted, so on that note, I say "More power to you!" Nonetheless, thank you so much for your encouragement, Skylark, and I love your smile!



Kiz, Skarlett, Artichoke, and Sevenseas are vegans with a great sense of conviction. One reason that I love these boards is because we have people on them who live up to their ideals. These boards have taught me about the cruelty free life and has shown me that there are people who care enough to practice it. I hope to be a full-blown vegan one day myself.



Ama -- I am curious as to how you handled your school situation. I am hoping that everything's okay now, and that you are getting closer to doing what you really want to do. I like your avatar too, by the way.



RebelGirl -- if I already mentioned you, I hope you don't mind a second mention. You let me know me know that my friendly face is noticed, and I allowed your avatars to confuse me. I am sure that these boards are the way they are due to your deviant behavior.



I really miss Syntax. He was so well-versed with chemistry. He gave these boards a much-needed edge. If you're ever interested in posting again, please do. I really do want to know not simply that an ingredient is not vegan, but why and the process used to produce it, etc.



Guys (and Gals): I just wanted to let you know that without you, becoming a vegetarian would have been a lot harder. This board is part of the reason that I became concerned with animal rights as well as health reform. I would be very lonely if I did not have such an online community to go to. New people like Sophiesox who come on and ask questions bring breaths of fresh air to the boards. The long-term members make this place feel like home. Thank you so much!
post #144 of 263
Also, I appreciate fafafrappy, because I am going through alot right now, and she is really helping me out, along with lizzard and silverundertone. Love ya lots guys!
post #145 of 263
Aw! I just got warm fuzzies!
post #146 of 263
More wonderful VBers I appreciate just because they are their wonderful selves:



Azalea

meatles

borealis

shagginabit

AngelofDance

misq17

klauskubus

inie



More to come
post #147 of 263
I can definitely appreciate quite a lot of people.



Epski for being the fountain of knowledge that he is

Life2k for "being there."

shagginabit for having a cool screen name, and an even cooler attitude.

Michael for not censoring me when he should be.

dannykass for being a great young person, who happens to live on the other side of the planet. (Which is a bit of a bummer, as she's the kind of person I could get along with)

fafa, in all her coolness, for being another youngster who isn't as purile and childish as myself

natalie, because she's a cool person, and great in real life, although I disagree with her that my northern accent really is that strong!

The rev, for shattering the old stereotype that veg*ns are lifesless, boring characters, and for his entertaining posts

Oatmeal - I hate oatmeal, of the breakfast kind, but oatmeal, of the Vb sort is cool! Definitely the greatest hungarian person I know of!

Meo, for being another example of what's so great about the younger generation.

Glamboy - More than just a hottie!



OK, so there are probably about a hundred more, and if you aren't on the list, and feel that you should be, you know where to send the money. The usual place will do:



Quote:
Loki's Perfectly Legitimate Trading Company

3rd cubicle along,

Male toilets,

Winter Gardens,

Blackpool, Lancashire, England



And thanks to everyone who mentioned me. I don't feel so much like the crazy kid sitting at the back of class anymore!
post #148 of 263
LadyFaile!
post #149 of 263
Okay I am sick and on meds so prepare for major screen name mispellings or whatever. Also some of these might fall under the "popular" category but I don't think I've ever told them I appreciated them so



Mayuko for always seeming eager to read something I write.

Erin for being so strong and an inspiration.

Kerouac for all those random PMs we sent back and forth. You're a great person.

SDG for being cool, caring and just wonderful.

Dee for the laughs and the smiles you give me.

1Vegan for showing me that I'm thought of every once in a while.

Also, Miss Meg, Revelsunshine, Ocean, Ladyfaile, veggie_girl, Rabid_child, Kreeli, spud, grain_girl, oneness, and any others who emailed me, gave me their phone numbers, etc etc to make sure I didn't do something drastic this past year. At the time I was in no real position to send "thank you" PMs and things like that but I cannot begin to express how much you guys helped. I don't want to think of where I'd be without some of your help.



There's more people to thank but you know who you are.
post #150 of 263
Tiggzie- you're a beautiful person, who is wonderful to talk to. You're a great friend online, and very sweet, smart, and compassionate. It's s shame we don't live closer because I think you're wonderful!



I love my tiggzie-wiggzie!! And I appreciate our friendship.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Veggie Patch
VeggieBoards › Forums › General Discussion Forums › The Veggie Patch › Tell someone that may feel unappreciated...