or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegetarian Forums › Vegetarian Support Forum › Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 5.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 5.0 - Page 157  

post #4681 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Describing a children's farm:
brood.gif

Oh come on, that is so gross. Are they trying to horribly disturb the children? spew.gif

Vegans are basically saying, "Hey, animals shouldn't be needlessly harmed." It's amazing how many people that sentiment freaks out. - Vegan.com

Vegans are basically saying, "Hey, animals shouldn't be needlessly harmed." It's amazing how many people that sentiment freaks out. - Vegan.com

post #4682 of 5169


Gotta love how actually caring about the suffering of animals on factory farms is not even a possibility in this guys mind. You either do it for health reasons or to feel superior and that's it, no other possible options. Riiiiiight... rolleyes.gif

Vegans are basically saying, "Hey, animals shouldn't be needlessly harmed." It's amazing how many people that sentiment freaks out. - Vegan.com

Vegans are basically saying, "Hey, animals shouldn't be needlessly harmed." It's amazing how many people that sentiment freaks out. - Vegan.com

post #4683 of 5169

I was watching come dine with me yesterday and heard this:

 

(group talking about piercings and tattoo's)

Person 1: "I have my tongue pierced"

Person 2: (in absolute shock and horror) "BUT YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN"

 

What on earth does being vegetarian have to do with whether you get your tongue pierced or not???

I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
post #4684 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

1000
Gotta love how actually caring about the suffering of animals on factory farms is not even a possibility in this guys mind. You either do it for health reasons or to feel superior and that's it, no other possible options. Riiiiiight... rolleyes.gif


Oh my lol. Yes, because animals are beneath us and you shouldn't give them any compassion by not eating them. Whose superior now?

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4685 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Louise View Post

I was watching come dine with me yesterday and heard this:

 

(group talking about piercings and tattoo's)

Person 1: "I have my tongue pierced"

Person 2: (in absolute shock and horror) "BUT YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN"

 

What on earth does being vegetarian have to do with whether you get your tongue pierced or not???


Didn't you know that so many needles have been used on animals? How could you ever go near another needle!  That's my only thought, I have no idea where that person's head is at xD

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4686 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Louise View Post

I was watching come dine with me yesterday and heard this:

 

(group talking about piercings and tattoo's)

Person 1: "I have my tongue pierced"

Person 2: (in absolute shock and horror) "BUT YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN"

 

What on earth does being vegetarian have to do with whether you get your tongue pierced or not???

What was that person thinking when s/he said that? rofl.. 

Maybe s/he thought vegetarians wouldn't make themselves go through pain..? Although it's not really the same o_o;;

post #4687 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

yeah, and nibble on a pig's ear, to see what the old bacon is like at the farm stage.,,,,,book2.gif
laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Oh come on, that is so gross. Are they trying to horribly disturb the children? spew.gif
I don't even know. I had to reread it twice to make sure that's actually what it said. I can just imagine one saying, "This cow is going to be leather when he grows up! Isn't that great?" rolleyes.gif

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

post #4688 of 5169

Oh my gosh...Not too long ago I wrote an email comment to the Ramen Noodle Company, Maruchan, and asked them if it would be possible sometime in the future to at least make their oriental flavor vegan. I told them that I eat Top Ramen because their Oriental and Chili Flavor are vegan. I used to love Maruchan but now I don't want to get any because the spice packets contain animal ingredients.

 

Well...so today I got a snail mail letter from them, with the usual "Thank you for your comment. We have forwarded your comment to the Sales and Marketing department." And also in the letter was coupons for Ramen noodles with pictures of the chicken and shrimp flavor x____x. Thanks Maruchan....thanks. I'll go shred these now.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4689 of 5169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Oh my gosh...Not too long ago I wrote an email comment to the Ramen Noodle Company, Maruchan, and asked them if it would be possible sometime in the future to at least make their oriental flavor vegan. I told them that I eat Top Ramen because their Oriental and Chili Flavor are vegan. I used to love Maruchan but now I don't want to get any because the spice packets contain animal ingredients.

 

Well...so today I got a snail mail letter from them, with the usual "Thank you for your comment. We have forwarded your comment to the Sales and Marketing department." And also in the letter was coupons for Ramen noodles with pictures of the chicken and shrimp flavor x____x. Thanks Maruchan....thanks. I'll go shred these now.

I bet the paper the coupons are printed on cost more than the product laugh.gif

post #4690 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I bet the paper the coupons are printed on cost more than the product laugh.gif


You are probably right. They are the semi waxed/shiny kind. Oooo~ fancy.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4691 of 5169
people at customer service are often like that.
post #4692 of 5169

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

post #4693 of 5169
Thread Starter 

Fish grow on trees, it's legit.

post #4694 of 5169

People keep asking me if I make my iguanas be vegetarians too. .....Iguanas are vegans.

post #4695 of 5169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by torties View Post

People keep asking me if I make my iguanas be vegetarians too. .....Iguanas are vegans.

 

laugh.gif

post #4696 of 5169

 

*sigh* Some vegan didn't get the memo. The chef seemed unamused too xD

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4697 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by torties View Post

People keep asking me if I make my iguanas be vegetarians too. .....Iguanas are vegans.
laugh.gif That's pretty hilarious.

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

Your KORRA mom KORRA said KORRA I KORRA could KORRA take KORRA you KORRA to KORRA the KORRA dance KORRA tonight.

Join Korra Nation and I promise I'll stop talking about Korra for 30 days.

post #4698 of 5169

 

Once I told a vegetarian that I was vegan. I was asked if I ate fish. Apparently that vegetarian that I was talking to loved fish.

post #4699 of 5169

I still don't get the whole fish thing. I've heard all the explanations, but the only one that really makes sense is that too many pescetarians call themselves "vegetarians" in front of friends, family, and servers out of convenience. And I don't entirely blame them--it must be pretty frustrating to explain their restrictions all the time and be taken seriously.

 

On the other hand a "vegan" who likes to eat fish? That's idiotic.

I write comics at cn-comics.com!

"Words! Nothing but sweet, sweet words that turn into bitter, orange wax in my ears!"

I write comics at cn-comics.com!

"Words! Nothing but sweet, sweet words that turn into bitter, orange wax in my ears!"

post #4700 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post


Didn't you know that so many needles have been used on animals? How could you ever go near another needle!  That's my only thought, I have no idea where that person's head is at xD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post

What was that person thinking when s/he said that? rofl.. 

Maybe s/he thought vegetarians wouldn't make themselves go through pain..? Although it's not really the same o_o;;

 

Haha the woman was a moron, she spent the whole program (much of which I was shouting at the screen) making stupid comments and saying how people are above animals etc. but had no factual evidence, or even a strong made up argument to back any of this up.

 

Some people. *Sigh*

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post

I still don't get the whole fish thing. I've heard all the explanations, but the only one that really makes sense is that too many pescetarians call themselves "vegetarians" in front of friends, family, and servers out of convenience. And I don't entirely blame them--it must be pretty frustrating to explain their restrictions all the time and be taken seriously.

 

On the other hand a "vegan" who likes to eat fish? That's idiotic.

 

+1 vegan eating fish = idiotic indeed!

I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
post #4701 of 5169
post #4702 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

1000

 

Aquaman.

I write comics at cn-comics.com!

"Words! Nothing but sweet, sweet words that turn into bitter, orange wax in my ears!"

I write comics at cn-comics.com!

"Words! Nothing but sweet, sweet words that turn into bitter, orange wax in my ears!"

post #4703 of 5169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post

 

Aquaman.

 

The obvious answer.

post #4704 of 5169

I've been teased my whole life for being a vegetarian. Several people I know have informed me that they are members of PETA "People Eating Tasty Animals".

 

Has anyone ever apologized for eating meat in front of you?

post #4705 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsch Salvator View Post

I've been teased my whole life for being a vegetarian. Several people I know have informed me that they are members of PETA "People Eating Tasty Animals".

 

 

Have you offered your arm with some ketchup to them?

Eat No Fear
Eat No Fear
post #4706 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsch Salvator View Post

I've been teased my whole life for being a vegetarian. Several people I know have informed me that they are members of PETA "People Eating Tasty Animals".

 

Has anyone ever apologized for eating meat in front of you?


Yeah, I think some of my friends aplogized a few times or just said they felt awkward eating meat in front of me. Some simply don't eat it in front of me. Well gee, if you are going to feel bad for eating it around me, obviously you know there is something wrong with eating it in general, so why not just stop? xD

 

Vegans in the room make everyone uncomfortable <3 And in that sense, we are supposed to. :)

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4707 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post

Have you offered your arm with some ketchup to them?

 

That would be brilliant!! grin.gif

 

I actually did a paper for my philosophy (debate) class about how they treat animals for slaughter, and even showed the pics to some of my friends and asked if they would be willing to do the killing if it meant they could still eat meat. Everyone said yes; very much deflated my argument..

post #4708 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsch Salvator View Post

 

That would be brilliant!! grin.gif

 

I actually did a paper for my philosophy (debate) class about how they treat animals for slaughter, and even showed the pics to some of my friends and asked if they would be willing to do the killing if it meant they could still eat meat. Everyone said yes; very much deflated my argument..


Well of course they are going to say that. They are on the defensive. You gotta approach it at a more creative way....with more of a rhetorical question that isn't is obvious and isn't supposed to let others chime in to answer the opposite of what they really feel.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
post #4709 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsch Salvator View Post

I've been teased my whole life for being a vegetarian. Several people I know have informed me that they are members of PETA "People Eating Tasty Animals".

 

Has anyone ever apologized for eating meat in front of you?

 

Yep, quite a few people have appologised for eating meat in front on me.

 

And I've heard that PETA line as well  -___-

I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
post #4710 of 5169
I'm surprised that people think that animals are tasty. I would have thought they tasted of fur body oil, and things like that; not tasty I wouldn't have thought.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vegetarian Support Forum
This thread is locked  
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegetarian Forums › Vegetarian Support Forum › Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 5.0