or Connect
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegan Forums › Vegan Support Forum › St. Ive's Vegan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

St. Ive's Vegan?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I have recently come to notice that most St. Ive's body care products list "no animal testing and no animal ingredients." I think this is wonderful but I was wondering if anyone has delved deeper into this claim and has any info to share on it. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

Are St. Ive's products vegan or not?
post #2 of 9
I use it! I love St.Ives Apricot Scrub.

Some of their products are vegan, however not all. You can go to their website and click on individual products. If it says "Contains no animal ingredients" in the list, it is vegan.. None of their products are tested on animals. Also, Caring Consumer does list St.Ives as vegan.
post #3 of 9
I use some of their products that say that. No animal testing and no animal ingredients = vegan to me.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Cool I appreciate your input. I just noticed it when they started their new packaging, so I wasn't sure if they were just trying to appeal or were true in their word.
post #5 of 9
I tend not to trust when companies just write that on their products. I use stuff approved by BUAV (www.gocrueltyfree.org) so it has an independent logo like the leaping bunny.
Some places put thir own claims on and although the final product may not have been tested on animals some of the ingrediants may have been, so techincally they can claim 'not tested on animals'

Not all companies on the BUAV site are vegan though, just means the product has never been tested on animals in its production process. Hope this helps.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTChick01 View Post

I use some of their products that say that. No animal testing and no animal ingredients = vegan to me.

Same over here!
Vegards,
Yen
Website: http://www.yenhowell.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
Reply
Vegards,
Yen
Website: http://www.yenhowell.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
Reply
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

I tend not to trust when companies just write that on their products. I use stuff approved by BUAV (www.gocrueltyfree.org) so it has an independent logo like the leaping bunny.
Some places put thir own claims on and although the final product may not have been tested on animals some of the ingrediants may have been, so techincally they can claim 'not tested on animals'

Not all companies on the BUAV site are vegan though, just means the product has never been tested on animals in its production process. Hope this helps.

But what if a company just recently started being cruelty free? How long does it take to get in the BUAV and be considered a cruelty free company?

I emailed St. Ives to see if they buy any ingredients from other companies that test on animals and also asked them about being listed with BUAV and being cruelty free. I'll let everyone know what they say.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTChick01 View Post

I emailed St. Ives to see if they buy any ingredients from other companies that test on animals and also asked them about being listed with BUAV and being cruelty free. I'll let everyone know what they say.

Yay! Keep us updated
Vegards,
Yen
Website: http://www.yenhowell.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
Reply
Vegards,
Yen
Website: http://www.yenhowell.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
Reply
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTChick01 View Post

But what if a company just recently started being cruelty free? How long does it take to get in the BUAV and be considered a cruelty free company?

I emailed St. Ives to see if they buy any ingredients from other companies that test on animals and also asked them about being listed with BUAV and being cruelty free. I'll let everyone know what they say.

All the info is on their site @ www.gocrueltyfree.org
They explain how the companys need to prove a fixed cut off date to be approved.

Superdrug (in the uk) have just been approved and the logo isnt yet on all the products, so it still takes time for that to happen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vegan Support Forum
VeggieBoards › Forums › Vegan Forums › Vegan Support Forum › St. Ive's Vegan?