I was told recently that by storing leftover onions in a plastic baggie or any type of container in the fridge they will absorb bacteria and can make you sick. Apparently once an onion is cut if you don't use it up right away it starts harboring bacteria?? I've always stored my half used onions in a baggie in the fridge and have left them there for days before using them up and have never gotten sick but I'm curious if there is any truth behind this. Is it really dangerous or some sort of food myth?
post #1 of 11
3/11/10 at 3:38pm