EDIT NOTE The board has been upgraded since this tutorial was made, and now looks a little different. The multi-quote button is pretty much the same but is smaller, and is located to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button on each post.
For example there is more than one very adorable bunny in the Rabbit Lovers' Thread. If more than one person has posted a picture of an adorable bunny and I would like to tell them all just how adorable their bunnies are, here is how I would do it:
1. First, find the multi-quote button which is available on all posts:
2. When you click it, it turns red and a speech mark appears on it, like so:
3. Continue to read through the thread, and click the multi-quote button for each post you would like to reply to:
4. Once you have finished selecting posts to quote, click the Post Reply button on the bottom left of the thread:
5. All the posts are now quoted in one handy reply box!
6. You can write your reply after all the quoted messages to reply to all of them at once. If you would like to type different replies to each quote, you can do that too. The text inbetween the [ QUOTE] and [/ QUOTE] tags belongs to the original post, and you shouldn't change it except to delete the parts that are irrelevant to your reply - for example, I deleted the pictures so my reply wouldn't be too long. Type your reply AFTER the [/ QUOTE] tag of each post, like this:
Finally, Multi-quote works between threads. This means if you click multi-quote in the Rabbit Lovers' Thread but then go to the Cat Lovers' Thread without replying, the posts from the Rabbit Lovers' Thread will still be selected. You will get this message:
Simply click 'deselect these posts' and the message will go away. You can click 'Quote these posts as well' to reply to them in this thread, but there's very rarely a good reason for doing that.
I used picture posts because in my experience, cute rabbits improve any tutorial by about 400%. But I wouldn't advise multi-posting picture posts because it would make your message awfully long and incur the wrath of any dial-up users (yes, they still exist).
The photos of Sunny (first pic) and Jeremy (second) are courtesy of their humans: FauxxFurr and yally respectively.