I believe in one but not the other. There are many questions that still haven't been answered regarding 9/11, while I wouldn't say that applies to the birth certificate claims. There are millions and millions of people who have some doubts regarding 9/11 but I haven't seen any reason to believe that regarding the birth certificate claims. So I don't think your comparisons are valid.
I agree with you - I think the birth certificate thing is just neocon bitching, but I think, without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, that 9/11 was an inside job based on my own independent research of the incident.
that's the nice thing about conspiracy theories: a person can go on believing in the conspiracy despite no evidence whatsoever that there was in fact a conspiracy that was responsible for the event. instead, they believe that questions about the events still remain while not putting their alternative explanation to the test.
Here's a little of the non-existent evidence you're talking about:
11 Remarkable Facts About 9/11!
1) It is commonly known that the Twin Towers fell on 9/11, but did you know that a third World Trade Center high-rise building also fell that day? WTC Building 7, a 47-story steel-framed skyscraper located one block from the Twin Towers was not hit by any plane, but collapsed at 5:20 that evening, imploding in the exact manner of a professionally engineered demolition. It fell suddenly, straight down, at near freefall speed, and landed in a compact pile of rubble, barely damaging any of the surrounding buildings. These are but a few of eleven characteristics of Building 7's collapse that are consistent only with controlled demolitions. Further, the leaseholder of the three buildings, Larry Silverstein, said in 2002 on PBS that on the afternoon of 9/11 he suggested to the NYC fire department commander that they "pull" WTC 7. "Pull" is an industry term that means "demolish," but it normally takes a team of skilled people many weeks to design and implement large demolitions. Astonishingly, there is no mention of WTC Building 7's remarkable collapse in the 571-page 9/11 Commission Report.
2) Fire has never prior to or after 9/11 caused any steel frame building to collapse. The sudden, vertical, explosive, and total collapse of the Twin Towers at near freefall speed can only be explained by controlled demolition.
3) The WTC steel, which if fully examined could have revealed the effects of explosives, was quickly shipped overseas and melted down. This was an unprecedented violation of federal crime scene laws.
4) Whenever contact is lost with any airplane, fighter jets routinely take to the air to investigate. This commonly occurs about 100 times per year in well under 20 minutes. But on 9/11 nearly two hours passed without any interception
5) The Secret Service broke established protocols by allowing President Bush to remain in a well-publicized classroom "photo op" long after it was known that the U.S. was under attack and he might well have been a target.
6) Unidentified insiders made millions
on the stocks of American and United Airlines and those of other corporations that were likewise impacted by the attacks. These "put option" bets were made just prior to 9/11.
7) There were warnings
of the impending attacks from at least eleven other countries
. Also prior to 9/11, insiders such as John Ashcroft, top military officers, and San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown were warned not to fly
8) In September of 2000, a group of neocon hawks, many of whom would become key officials in the Bush administration, wrote that their proposed massive military buildup would proceed slowly "absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event like a new Pearl Harbor
9) Some of the alleged 9/11 "suicide hijackers" are still alive and well
, according to the BBC and The Guardian. At least five of the alleged hijackers may have trained at U.S. military bases, as reported in Newsweek and other sources.
10) The Bush administration resisted the formation of the 9/11 Commission for 441 days.
Similar investigations, such as those for Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination, and the space shuttle disasters, all started in about one week
11) "The Jersey Girls" four courageous 9/11 widows finally forced the 9/11 Commission into existence
and presented many questions, most of which were ignored
. Under the leadership of Bush administration insider Philip Zelikow, the final report failed to address any of the evidence pointing to official complicity
just because a significant number of Americans believe in a dumb story doesn't make it credible.
Just because a significant number of Americans believe a dumb story made up by the government doesn't mean that
story is credible, either. Which are you more likely to believe? The collective works of dozens of independent researchers, or what Big Brother told you?
Don't believe researchers? How about the firefighters who were there that day? http://firefightersfor911truth.org/
In short, I don't think any intelligent person should write off "conspiracy theorists" without doing a little research of their own...if you can prove the government wasn't involved, prove it