*This article is part of the VeggieBoards cruelty-free gift guide series.
Many homemade holiday gifts rock. Not only are homemade holiday gifts personal, thoughtful and even fun to make, but they can also save you money.
Now, with the above in mind, I'd for sure be lying if I said, "ALL homemade gifts are awesome!" Some homemade gifts are well, lacking. While it is the thought that counts, very few people need a homemade soup can pencil holder (unless you happen to be a three-year-old giving the gift). There are some significant downsides to giving a bad homemade gift, such as...
- People won’t use your gift, so you've just wasted resources, money and time.
- Bad homemade gifts give all homemade gifts a bad name.
- Poorly thought out homemade gifts don't inspire anyone to make their own gifts - and wouldn't it be nice if more people did?
You can make homemade gifts that everyone will love and that are cruelty-free to boot. First read 10 tips for making the best homemade holiday gifts then check out the cruelty-free homemade gift collection below.
Helpful Resources for Making Homemade Holiday Gifts:
- Vegan Food Gifts: More Than 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
- Very Vegan Christmas Cookies: 125 Festive and Flavorful Treat
- Nut Butter Universe: Easy Vegan Recipe
- Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
- EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends
- One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
- Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts and More for the Whole Family
Article by: Jennifer C