|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|09-25-2017 08:56 AM|
|leedsveg||I make it 7 ingredients.|
|09-24-2017 09:18 PM|
|Werewolf Girl||Sounds great!|
|09-24-2017 09:08 PM|
|nitratedtofu||Nice. I'd probably switch that Tapatio out for some powdered or fresh habanero though.|
|09-24-2017 05:03 PM|
6-ingredient lentil soup, pictures
6- ingredient lentil soup. Quick! When I was single, I used to make big pots of this soup. You can also pour it over cooked grains, to make a thick stew.
Frozen chopped kale:
Lentils, already boiled until tender:
Low-sodium, canned tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce doesn't work as well for soup - it's too sweet). A 20 oz. can is enough for 4 quarts of soup
Soy sauce, reduced salt:
Red hot pepper sauce:
Very quick to make:
1. In a 4-quart soup pot, boil chopped onions until partly tender.
2. Add (already) boiled lentils, and lower heat to simmer
3. Add tomato sauce
4. Add more water to the pot, to make 4 quarts (approx). Stir and simmer.
4. Add soy sauce judiciously, until desired saltiness is reached
5. Add red hot pepper sauce, until desired spiciness is reached
6. Add frozen kale.
7. Simmer until soup is heated through.
This soup tastes better with fresh kale, but frozen kale can be convenient.