VeggieBoards - Reply to Topic

Thread: Happy belated Pi Day Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
03-25-2017 03:34 AM
Naturebound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I'm sorry, it's raining here. There's a bad connection. Did you say, "Please help me eat these pies!"?
lol. Admittedly, that raw avocado key lime pie in the first pic, I made the mistake of taste testing a little bit, and then ended up eating the entire pie myself. I had to go out and buy ingredients to make another one for a family get together. I gained three lbs that day, but back then they were much needed pounds. I'm pretty sure if I ever have a last meal request before I die, that pie would be on the top of my list. But I would happily make some pie for any vegan visitor to my house.
03-24-2017 08:02 PM
Purp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
I'm sorry, it's raining here. There's a bad connection. Did you say, "Please help me eat these pies!"?
03-21-2017 11:57 AM
Symondezyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
Your crust looks AMAZING <3
03-21-2017 11:50 AM
David3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
GAH. Please disregard my post above... I was in a hurry and I think I got the definition of "irrational" wrong.

Tom, you are correct! Pi is an irrational number: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_number

Science fiction trivia: In Carl Sagan's sci-fi novel, "Contact", mathematicians discover that pi does, in fact, repeat itself (at a very distant decimal place). The repeating pattern forms a message. "Contact" is a good read (but not a good movie).
.
03-21-2017 05:44 AM
Tom GAH. Please disregard my post above... I was in a hurry and I think I got the definition of "irrational" wrong.
03-21-2017 02:25 AM
Spudulika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
Oh wow. These look amazing
03-21-2017 02:21 AM
Naturebound Haven't made any in a while, but here are some photos of ones I have made over the last few years (for some reason I can't find a photo of my apple or sweet potato pies...grr!):
03-20-2017 10:00 PM
David3 I am diametrically opposed to pi day, heh heh.
.
03-20-2017 04:50 PM
Tom Do I get to be irrational on this day? (I know it was a few days ago...)

ETA: Oh, cool! I just googled "irrational number" because I wasn't totally sure pi was irrational, and I found out it is: by "irrational", mathematicians mean a number that cannot be expressed as a fraction- that is, as the ratio of two numbers. I vaguely remember learning about irrational numbers in high school math classes. But I love the pun anyway.
03-18-2017 02:03 PM
Werewolf Girl Mmmm, pi....
03-14-2017 10:59 PM
Purp
Happy belated Pi Day

http://namelymarly.com/32-best-vegan-pies/

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off