Viewing Review: Shocking to know the truth - VeggieBoards

Shocking to know the truth Edit
by herbalteaboy Combined Rating: 4.5
I'm a person who likes to know the truth. This film both devastated me and enlightened me to the truth of what messed up stuff happens when we buy many every day animal products. 

I'd prefer to be...
Pros Cons
  • Opens your eyes to what is going on behind the scenes when you buy animal products. Will change people for the good.
  • Can make you depressed, frightened, but that is why it changes people for the better

I'm a person who likes to know the truth. This film both devastated me and enlightened me to the truth of what messed up stuff happens when we buy many every day animal products. 

I'd prefer to be this way than to remain blissfully unaware (which I used to be and wished I wasn't). I want my purchasing decisions in life to be based on as much truth as possible. 

This film tells a huge truth, about every day animal suffering in a food system that many of us feel we are supposed to be able to trust. I agree with other reviewers, that if everyone in the world saw this film once, the world would be a very different place. 

Oh what we don't see...

When you say to someone "If you buy that meat product there's cruelty involved"
they might go
'Oh yes I know but it's so tasty' or 'It can't be that bad' or 'The industry wouldn't allow it if it was that bad'. Well it CAN be that bad, and the industry does allow it...

Here is the link to watch it for free online:

http://earthlings.com/?page_id=32

Buying the DVD means you can lend it easily, but I personally think very carefully about who I lend it to. Very carefully. I think this DVD could be far too much for children to handle. Don't show them this, just encourage them towards the more humane foods. I personally reckon this should be 18+ in terms of lending it. And depending on the person. This may be too much of a shock for some. Another film Food Inc may be a lighter starter. Even that shocked me. Food Inc is on Netflix, and is available online to buy.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: