Viewing Review: Eh...Bleh, ick, no - VeggieBoards

Eh...Bleh, ick, no Edit
by 4everaspirit Combined Rating: 2.0
Bought a few different varieties of stonewall's to try from Fakemeat.com. I was expecting something at least twice the size of what these bags were....I was expecting like small chip bag size at...
Pros Cons
  • Nothing really
  • Tiny package for $2 a piece, lack of flavor, oily inside,

Bought a few different varieties of stonewall's to try from Fakemeat.com. I was expecting something at least twice the size of what these bags were....I was expecting like small chip bag size at least. These are the size of those little gummy pouches. $2??? Bit of a rip off. Maybe if they were actually good, but they're not.

At first they weren't so bad, but they lack a lot of flavor and it becomes more apparent. The worst part about them is their oily inside. I felt a bit sick eating them as I got to the end because of the oil. Their oddly chewy, and not in a good way.....I finished the product but ick, no, not a fan. I'd rather eat cactus jerky over this, and cactus jerky isn't even a jerky and is rather sweet for my tastes.

I wouldn't even say it's really worth a shot. These are not good (and I rarely say that about products). May Wah stuff is SOOO much better. Just tried their squid jerky and they did a great job with it. Vegan dream, tofurky jurky, and Louisville vegan company are also worthy jerkies.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
4everaspirit 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM

I don't know what you see in them prettyleodia.......they're oily inside....bleck.

prettyleodia 09-29-2013, 10:24 AM

This is one of the first brands of jerky I had tried after becoming a vegetarian. I liked it a lot! The bag is small, could be bigger. But the flavors were good and spicy enough depending on which flavor you choose. Chewy, easy to tear apart for smaller bites. In my opinion I think they are great! I have eaten other brands of jerky and like them too, but I do buy these from time to time. Depending on the texture or flavor of what I want that day.

4everaspirit 09-26-2013, 09:26 PM

Rated 2 stars because it was at least "edible" but barely. Don't know why I gave it half a star more...doesn't really deserve it.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: