Viewing Review: Very Very informative heavy on studies and findings. - VeggieBoards

Very Very informative heavy on studies and findings. Edit
by emeraldann70 Combined Rating: 4.0

This book REALLY opens your eyes to why the western diet of meats and dairy is killing us. Also our government (mainly our nutrition governing health officials), Many Doctors and Meat and Dairy...
Pros Cons
  • If you are interested in the scientific reasons why veganisim or more importantly raw foods, whole grain diets are the best than this book is for you.
  • If you are bored by scientific research and have a fondness for mice/rats this book is not for you.

This book REALLY opens your eyes to why the western diet of meats and dairy is killing us. Also our government (mainly our nutrition governing health officials), Many Doctors and Meat and Dairy processors are providing the "poison"

T. Colin Campbell doesn't toot his own horn he also points to many, many studies that have been conducted that support his claims as well. This 80+ Doctor has been a part of many studies and has also served on many government boards that are in control of what the consumer is told about health and nutrition. He also names many good doctors out their who are using a raw foods and whole grains diet to halt, reverse and practically cure many diseases such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease and CANCER.

Very interesting but again very scientific with many graphs and charts. Another thing that may turn people off is the fact that he did some of his studies on rats/mice, as well as humans.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
vear 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Don't know what the rules are on commenting here, but this book changed my life! I'm a scientist, so reading the book was great. I love how the references are listed by chapter, you can literally look up all the scientific experiments that were done per chapter by finding the article in the reference section. I changed my whole way of eating half way into this book.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: