Viewing Review: onderful 365 Day Guide to Veganism! - VeggieBoards

onderful 365 Day Guide to Veganism! Edit
by River Combined Rating: 5.0

"I must start out by saying that Colleen Patrick-Goudreou is one of my favorite vegan authors; her cookbooks "The Vegan Table" and "Color Me Vegan" feature some of my most-used recipes. When I...

"I must start out by saying that Colleen Patrick-Goudreou is one of my favorite vegan authors; her cookbooks "The Vegan Table" and "Color Me Vegan" feature some of my most-used recipes. When I saw her new book, "Vegan's Daily Companion," I immediately snapped it up. I was very excited that Colleen was writing another vegan book that wasn't primarily a cookbook. How did her first non-cookbook venture turn out?

Wonderful! This is a great reference book that you can literally flip open to any page and read a passage or article. It is designed with 365 articles to be one year's worth of daily passages, but I enjoy just reading through the book at my leisure. The articles feature some recipes, rescued animal profiles, veg-friendly literature by the likes of Mark Twain and Roald Dahl, vegan "power" food profiles, and more! There are some lovely pictures of farm animals and food throughout...as well as photos of Colleen herself.

Any cons? Well, it's more of a minor disappointment: about half of the recipes from the book are recycled from Colleen's previous cookbooks. There are, however, some new recipes too for those (like myself) who already own Colleen's cookbooks.

This book has a lot of information for those curious about a vegan lifestyle, as well as long-time vegans. You can use the book throughout the year for daily readings, but it also works lovely as a bathroom companion or coffee table book. Like I said, I love that I can just flip open to any page and find a completely stand-alone article to read.

Highly recommended!"

-Justin off Amazon, I couldn't have said it better myself. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance: