Nebraska Don't let vegetarianism be dead here!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Beginner

I know this is a major meat eating and red state, but Omaha is liberal, and vegetarianism is just plain right. Nebraskans, where are you? Speak up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Beginner

Hi Tom. I hate to say it, but I think the lack of response to your post speaks for itself

They're flowers....he's putting flowers in their guns.
#3 Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Don't worry.
#4 Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Beginner

OOPs! I must have opened a new thread, (under PLEASE Don't Give Up!!!), but I wanted to reply on this thread, to tom_zecat, so sorry!!! Anyways, nice to meet a fellow veggie Nebraskan!!!

#5 Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by nava View Post

OOPs! I must have opened a new thread, (under PLEASE Don't Give Up!!!), but I wanted to reply on this thread, to tom_zecat, so sorry!!! Anyways, nice to meet a fellow veggie Nebraskan!!!

That was 3 years ago xD

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#6 Old 10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Beginner

OOPS!!! That is funny, I didn't even see the date it was posted, boy, don't I feel embassed now!!! 

#7 Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Beginner

OOOps!! Now I feel even more embarrassed because I spelt it "embassed"blush.gif!!

#8 Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Hey Tom,

I have been Vegan for 14 years. Trying to go raw. My boyfriend is from VA. has been vegan for 10 years. and has been raw for 3 years. We plan to move back later in the year. Omaha is ridiculous.I haven't met any one is a real Vegan. Some people just can't make that connection. 

#9 Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Beginner

I thought the only reason why I never met any here was because I was a hermit... maybe not. I remember seeing a restaurant online a few years ago that that I think was vegan... so I assumed there were at least a few. Still haven't tried that place yet. :(

#10 Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Which restaurant is that?

#11 Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

I think Isa Moskowitz lives in Nebraska, but I'm not sure...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#12 Old 05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Panda View Post

Which restaurant is that?

I tried to look for it but couldn't find it :( I saw it about 3 years ago so either not around anymore or my search was horrible and I didn't realize it.

There are a few that have a lot of vegan options though. Like McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe. I think most of their menu is vegan. I've been a few times and while not the best vegan food I've had, still pretty good. I love their sweet potato fries with banana ketchup.

#13 Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Beginner

I agree with everyone here. Never met another vegan or vegetarian here. But I work at Taco Bell and have customers come in and order everything with beans instead of beef. Most of them still have cheese/sour cream on their orders. And there isn't really any way of telling if they're even from Nebraska, as the store is right on the interstate and most of the customers are travellers. But even that isn't accurate because I know quite a few people who get beans instead of beef because they don't like taco bells beef.

In general, there are a lot of things I don't like about the state, but maybe it's because I've lived here my entire life in the same house.

#14 Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I think Isa Moskowitz lives in Nebraska, but I'm not sure...

Yes, Isa lives in Omaha, Nebraska. I follow her on Facebook and it's listed as her current city.

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#15 Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Beginner

[Moderator Post]

New members aren't allowed to post links until they are established members. Follow this link to go to a new thread regarding the Facebook and Meetup groups that butro78 has posted.

http://www.veggieboards.com/t/142926/ne-vegan-facebook-meetup-groups#post_3252395

Aristede:book: 

VB Moderator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page