Chicago area produce delivery - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-31-2013, 08:23 AM

I see a few options for organic/local produce delivery to Chicago. I recently took advantage of the multiple discount site offers for artizone.com (twice now on living social, once for amazon local deals). Artizone is geared more for delivering products from local artisan bakeries, grocers (who in turn sell produce boxes sourced from local farms), butchers (yeah i know, just including that as a frame of reference), soup makers, pasta specialties, etc, etc. It is quite expensive as there is a lot of markup. The produce/items are always pretty fresh and delivery service is great (2 hour window).

However, I don't see myself regularly using that site without half-off discounts and would like to cut out an extra middle man. I don't mind paying a bit more for organic and having to consume it right away without all the preservatives and chemicals since most of these delivery sites you can control when you want things delivered.

Does anyone have any experience with other delivery services inside the city of Chicago?  I have briefly looked at the following:

- freshpicks.com

- chicago.doortodoordorganics.com

- fruitguys.com

And I think a couple others. If anyone has any experiences good or bad with any delivery service, please reply. Produce from Jewel is not an option, Whole Foods and Marianos are a bit far away.. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

I've never had produce delivered to me from a grocer, so I'm afraid I don't have any answers. I always shop for my organic produce from local small markets and Whole Foods or Trade Joe's. Aldi is now carrying more organic produce as well. I hope someone can answer your question.

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#3 Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM

I've used Fresh Picks (Irv and Shelly's) and thought it was awesome. The service, quality, and everything else was great. I did the boxes (fruit and veggie), although sometimes would add in some meat, milk, etc. The ordering is really flexible.

I had to discontinue it because I lived alone at the time and it was just too much food, but I think I'm going to sign up again next summer.

Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page