California Where in CA do you live - Page 8 - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#211 Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Beginner

I'm in Pasadena, moved here in October. Liking it so far, although it's still a bit weird. I don't really know anyone yet and all my stuff that's coming over from England is still in customs. I miss my stuff Weather is definitely better here though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 01-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Beginner

I'm moving to LA in August. Prolly Hollywood, NoHo, K-Town, Los Feliz, or somewhere in that area.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#213 Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Oh I was born in San Francisco, and lived in Daly City for about a year, before we moved further south on the Peninsula. I've lived in Half Moon Bay too. Moss Beach is beautiful.

Cool!

Yeah, Moss Beach is pretty nice. (I kind of resent being a resident because I miss being so close to the city, lol.) They just put a hiking/walking trail in by the Distillery that overlooks the ocean. It's really peaceful.
#214 Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Beginner

Oh yeah, I got out of Half Moon Bay right before they closed Devil's Slide for like six months or something. That was a few years ago. It's technically not that far from the city, but the roads and traffic can make it seem hours away at times.

I'll have to see the new path. The last time I was at the marine reserve was this past July. The harbor seals were still hanging out on the beach.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#215 Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Beginner

SomebodyElse, let me tell you: You're lucky you got out before then!

Taking Highway 92 to Pacifica every day was SUCH A PAIN!

You're right that it's not that far from the city... I think it's something like 20 miles? But we get a lot of tourist traffic on Devil's Slide which slows things down significantly sometimes. Either that or the big trucks going to the jobsite.

They really upgraded Princeton Harbor, by the way (if you didn't already know). They have a big hotel (it's not huge, but big for the area) right by the HMB Brewing Company as well as a steakhouse restaurant called Crab Landing. It's worth checking out next time you visit.
#216 Old 01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Beginner

I thought I had noticed some changes last time I drove through. I was visiting some of my favorite beaches from Montara to Bean Hollow. It was at Bean Hollow that day I saw a school of dolphins passing through. I've never seen dolphins from any of the local beaches before in my whole life! I felt very lucky I picked that day to go.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#217 Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Beginner

Checking in from San Jose; been here for the full tenure of my vegetarianism. It's been a great place to keep it up; lots of good veggie restaurants in the area.
#218 Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Beginner

I live in Glendale! Nice to meet everyone in here!
#219 Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Beginner

I'm about 10 minutes away from Sacramento.
#220 Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Beginner

Hi! I'm Newbie in this forum. I live in South Bay Area, San Jose. There are many vegetarian restaurants around here but don't enjoy going out to eat as much as I did before... I cook a lot now!
#221 Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

I've never seen dolphins from any of the local beaches before in my whole life! I felt very lucky I picked that day to go.

I grew up in La Jolla, down the coast from you in San Diego, and lived there most of my adult life. I used to boogie board in the very early mornings at Torrey Pines beach before going into work and there was a pod of dolphins that used to ride the waves in the mornings when the water was calm and glassy. It was an amazing thing to watch them cut through the thin wall of water and body surf the waves.

My Vegan Food Blog: http://soundlyvegan.com
#222 Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post

I live in Glendale! Nice to meet everyone in here!

Hi! Welcome to the boards and I'm tickled you became vegan on my birthday! You're already farther along than I. I'm still just vegetarian as I still eat a bit of cheese. But I'm working on it.
#223 Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Beginner

Born in Alhambra, migrated to Upland then where I am now. Just 26 miles west of Palm Springs, Stagecoach Town, USA.

Sounds boring but it's been an interesting life and wouldn't change much .

The beach is as near as the mountains as near as the desert and river. We have it all. Why would anyone live anywhere else?

Shhhh! Don't tell.
#224 Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Beginner

I am from Castro Valley,Ca.
#225 Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegluv View Post

The beach is as near as the mountains as near as the desert and river. We have it all. Why would anyone live anywhere else?

Shhhh! Don't tell.

I have no idea! I tell people this all of the time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page