VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaware

12K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

#4 ·
More like "Dela-where?". Yes, I'm suggesting a question mark be included in the name. Delaware's claims-to-fame:

It was the first (and worst) state to ratify the US Constitution.

It was the setting for Fight Club.

It was originally called "New Sweden".

It has the second-highest poultry output of all the states.

Bob Marley lived here for about 2 years, working in the Wilmington iron harbors, to make money to record his band.

It is the home of Dupont Chemicals, in all its evil glory.

And perhaps its greatest accomplishment: It is the ephemeral home of one Max Power.

#20 ·
I live in Newark, DE. It is a collegey town, and there are health food stores, and the supermarkets near me have excellent vegan selections. Also, does anyone eat at 'Homegrown' in Newark? There food is the shizznit.

(DE is not that bad btw-it has beaches and is a reasonable train ride or drive to NYC or DC.-so don't be hatin')

I am a campaign coordinator for Delaware Action for Animals.

If anyone is interested in being on our mailing list, email me at helpanimals@da4a.org and tell us you want to be on it, and it shall be so.

On the web DA4A.ORG

Also, I help organize DE Veg*n Meetups.

Click 'Join this Group' and you can come eat tasty vegan food with other veggies.-

DE Veg*n Meetups

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratiara View Post

Also, does anyone eat at 'Homegrown' in Newark? There food is the shizznit.

(DE is not that bad btw-it has beaches and is a reasonable train ride or drive to NYC or DC.-so don't be hatin')[/URL]
Delawoot!!! I love Homegrown! And Claires, and even the crappy Subway I used to work at, and I really really love the hummus spread at Iron Hill

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratiara View Post

I live in Newark, DE. It is a collegey town, and there are health food stores, and the supermarkets near me have excellent vegan selections. Also, does anyone eat at 'Homegrown' in Newark? There food is the shizznit.

(DE is not that bad btw-it has beaches and is a reasonable train ride or drive to NYC or DC.-so don't be hatin')
I used to live in Newark, now I have to drive there every weekend to restock my vegan essentials. I only wish there were bigger selections and cheaper prices! I especially wish there was a healthfood store in Middletown. There's Willy Farms, but they have a smaller selection than anything in Newark.

Ever been to Main Squeeze next to the co-op? My friend (also vegan) works there. The veggie panini can be made vegan and it's the bizzy bomb!

I haven't been to Home Grown in over two years, do they have more vegan things on their menu? I loved their falafel pita sandwich, but it didn't love me back. What kind of stuff do they have at Sinclair's?

#23 ·
Homegrown is the one of the only places I eat at in DE. We rarely eat out though. I live in Wilmington. I was at that AR conferece at the Riverfront back in January- that was put on by AFA, right? I get the meet-up e-mails too, but we're pretty broke and they'll usually fall on a no-paycheck weekend

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethann View Post

I love the Homegrown, so nice to go someplace where I have loads of choices on the menu. I'm working on my degree at UD, and I live in Claymont (my husband works in Philly.)
What are you studying? I graduated last May. Philosophy w/minors in Religious

Studies and Psychology. I miss UD. I think it's a great college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.