Order vegan pizza online from Pizza Hut - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Beginner

I just discovered... on the Pizza Hut online order form they give you the option to select 'no cheese'! Their website says that the Pan and Italian pizza bases are vegan, so hey, vegan pizza online! I did have to order one though, just to check that they really will bring you a pizza without cheese - purely for research purposes you understand - and indeed they do! Not that I'm planning to eat Pizza Hut pizza all that often, but I think it's a sign of progress that you can order vegan pizza online and have it delivered in 20 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Beginner

Papa Johns does this. I don't understand why a pizza place WOULDN'T. I mean... not only does it help out customers, but also costs them less money to omit the cheese. You'd be paying the same price as a pizza WITH cheese, wouldn't you?
#3 Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Beginner

some pizza hut bases are vegan now? that's awesome! last time I checked, they all had milk I'm happy now, in case I'm ever stuck where pizza hut is my only option
#4 Old 05-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Beginner

I hate pizza hut. Last time I decided to try it again i got a thin crust mushroom & olive pizza with no cheese. And all the sauce was only in the middle of the pizza and there was also a piece of sausage on my pizza that I bit into thinking it was a mushroom at first glance. I couldn't eat the rest of the pizza after that.

Papa Johns thin crust pizza is good though and I really like their sauce.
#5 Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Beginner

Never heard of Papa John's - although looking at the website, it looks like the nearest one to me is about 50 miles away, probably explains it... Wonder how far the little delivery scooters travel??
#6 Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Beginner

Also Papa Murpheys take and bake thin crust pizza isn't bad either. I just wish more pizza places had wheat crust as an option.
#7 Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

some pizza hut bases are vegan now? that's awesome! last time I checked, they all had milk I'm happy now, in case I'm ever stuck where pizza hut is my only option

I'm pretty sure this is still the case. Dominos bases are vegan though! No cheese with double jalapenos, peppers and mixed herbs... *drools*. You can also order Dominos online, and in my experience they're pretty fast.

I remember the one time I called instead of ordering online. I asked for no cheese and the guy repeated "...no cheese?". Me: "no cheese." Him: "er, hold on. *calls to colleagues* GUYS CAN WE DO NO CHEESE? Yeah, no cheese... I know.. *back on the phone* Okay, we can do that". It was pretty funny, he was genuinely amazed that I wanted no cheese. Surely it's not that uncommon, with lactose intolerant people and such?
#8 Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Beginner

I thought dominos pizza was only vegan in the thin crust?

On their website it shows

CRUST (DEEP DISH): Contains Milk, Wheat, Soy.

CRUST (HAND TOSSED): Contains Milk, Wheat, Soy.

CRUST (THIN CRUST): Contains Soy, Wheat.

http://www.dominos.com/home/menu/ingredients.jsp
#9 Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

Sorry, you're right of course. I should have specified
#10 Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey View Post

Also Papa Murpheys take and bake thin crust pizza isn't bad either. I just wish more pizza places had wheat crust as an option.

Mmmmm... wheat crust?
#11 Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

Sorry, you're right of course. I should have specified

Well I just got excited for a second. I thought just maybe their hand tossed crust was actually vegan , so I had to double check.
#12 Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Beginner

derwenna, where did you get that info about bases being vegan? since there seems to be differing information in this thread, and I can't find it anywhere I could do with some info ...
#13 Old 05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Beginner

aha! looking at the pdf ... yeah, I found it. pan pizza and italian ARE vegan. yay!
#14 Old 05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Beginner

For anyone else who wants a look: http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurant...uirements.html
#15 Old 05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

aha! looking at the pdf ... yeah, I found it. pan pizza and italian ARE vegan. yay!

I always thought Pizza Hut's bases contained milk, but this is great news. I've still never plucked up courage to order a pizza without cheese. I have visions of being met with incredulous looks and s******ing.

We should all meet up for a vegan pizza night!

#16 Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Beginner

Hmm, this may be cause for concern:

The 'Yes'/'No' in the column entitled 'suitable for vegans' details information supplied by the product manufacturer. It does not take into account the in-house storage/preparation

methods where cross-contamination issues could render the information void.
#17 Old 05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Veggie View Post

I always thought Pizza Hut's bases contained milk, but this is great news. I've still never plucked up courage to order a pizza without cheese. I have visions of being met with incredulous looks and s******ing.

Order online for delivery, if you've got somewhere near you that delivers. I'm not great at asking for "weird" stuff either...

Quote:

The 'Yes'/'No' in the column entitled 'suitable for vegans' details information supplied by the product manufacturer. It does not take into account the in-house storage/preparation

methods where cross-contamination issues could render the information void.

That's probably true of any restaurant which prepares non-vegan food, I assumed they were just covering their backs by actually stating it. Looks like a "don't sue us" statement to me.
#18 Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
That's probably true of any restaurant which prepares non-vegan food, I assumed they were just covering their backs by actually stating it. Looks like a "don't sue us" statement to me.

Like I said when I went to pizza hut I had a couple sausage crumbles end up on my pizza. I know it happens but after that I had no desire to eat the rest of my pizza.
#19 Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:

We should all meet up for a vegan pizza night!

pizza hut bases USED to contain milk, I'm sure of it. But evidently, no longer!

I've ordered pizza without cheese a bunch of times, and the most I've ever gotten is a funny look
#20 Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey View Post

I thought dominos pizza was only vegan in the thin crust?

On their website it shows

CRUST (DEEP DISH): Contains Milk, Wheat, Soy.

CRUST (HAND TOSSED): Contains Milk, Wheat, Soy.

CRUST (THIN CRUST): Contains Soy, Wheat.

http://www.dominos.com/home/menu/ingredients.jsp

Youre on dominos.COM , this is the UK forum!

All dominos bases (unless obviously not) are vegan, so are their potato wedges

I live literally a 5 minute walk away - I know my dominos =p

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page