Vegan/Vegetarian Food in the UK - Advise Needed ! - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Beginner

I'm coming over to the UK in May and will be spending a few days before flying out to Los Angeles.

I'll be staying with my family who are not Veg so I'll need to buy some veg/veg food for dinner. I'll be out a lot during the day so I just have to make my own dinner and have the vegetables that they cook so nothing complicated.
I have already heard of Quorn and can buy it in the local Sainsbury's. I have just seen that M&S do a 'Super Soya' range so I can buy at least one meal.

Could you also recommend some kind of Vegan protein that doesn't have to be refreigeratd for the flight ? Virgin Atlantic don't offer a Vegan option for meals onboard.

Could you recommend any other veg stuff that I can buy from either Sainsbury's, Waitrose or M&S or H&B ?

Thank You !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Beginner

Linda McCartney...defo. Its availavle in most supermarkets, and says on the front if its vegan.

Plus Asda, Tesco and Sainburys have their own brand veggie stuff. Some vegan, some just veggie.

I dont know if youre vegan or just veggie. but quorn is NOT vegan. everything they make has eggs in it.
#3 Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

Linda McCartney...defo. Its availavle in most supermarkets, and says on the front if its vegan.

Plus Asda, Tesco and Sainburys have their own brand veggie stuff. Some vegan, some just veggie.

I dont know if youre vegan or just veggie. but quorn is NOT vegan. everything they make has eggs in it.

I won't be goint to neither Asda's or Tesco's as there are no stores in town only Sainsbug's, Waitrose, M&S.

I usually eat Vegan food but do eat eggs or egg products from time to time.

It is amazing to see the choice that is available in the UK. We only get Frankfurter soya sausages and soya 'ham' slices in the shops. I should get a medal for managing to survive !
#4 Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Beginner

Well Sainsburys has a good veggie selection. Their mince is vegan
Its all frozen though. They dont have meats and such...so if you want ham etc get quorn or cheatin' at H&B...
#5 Old 04-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

Could you also recommend some kind of Vegan protein that doesn't have to be refreigeratd for the flight ..

Yes. Nuts.

If you want to load up the cupboards with the best veggie-stuff available in the UK go here: http://www.veggie-world.com/
#6 Old 04-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Yes. Nuts.

If you want to load up the cupboards with the best veggie-stuff available in the UK go here: http://www.veggie-world.com/

I always take a bag of cashews and almonds on long haul flights. They are indeed very filling and full of protein.
#7 Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Holland and Barratt, sell pasties, vegan and veggie! I went to Canada last year, and took food on the plane with me. Depends on if you want to cook something, or have a ready meal, labelling is pretty good. Most supermarkets have a free from range!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
#8 Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfrankenstein View Post

Holland and Barratt, sell pasties, vegan and veggie! I went to Canada last year, and took food on the plane with me. Depends on if you want to cook something, or have a ready meal, labelling is pretty good. Most supermarkets have a free from range!

Well, it is an 11.30 hour flight and the Vegetarian food on board isn't very filling. I always take fruit, nuts and chocolate with me.

Anyway, I will pop into H&B's and into Waitrose to see whether there is something that I can buy for the trip.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page