Campbell's new "Well Yes" soups: Ugh - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Vegan since 1991

Campbell's new "Well Yes" soups: Ugh

If you have 30 seconds, contact Campbell's soup company regarding their new "Well Yes" health soup line.

Campbell's Soup contact page:https://www.campbells.com/well-yes/contact/

Campbell's has made the strange mistake of including chicken broth in their otherwise exciting new vegetable soup flavors: Lentil with Vegetables, Minestrone with Kale, and Black Bean with Red Quinoa: https://www.campbells.com/well-yes/soups/

I sent them a short email, politely telling them of the opportunity they're missing by not making these soups completely vegetarian.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Screw Campbells! They lost me when they discontinued their mushroom gravy. It was so nice to have that on the shelf! Just regular gravy that was vegan in a can!

I emailed them about creating cashew creme soups and sent a very condesending reply about how they didn't feel that was appropriate for their customer base or something stupid

Best soup is frozen Tabatchnicks. All their parve soups are vegan
http://tabatchnick.com/product_cat/pareve/

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 PM
Bandit

Campbell's is really the lowest company in the canned/boxed soup industry even though they dominate the mainstream, their traditional soups seem like WWII rations, and their Chunky line focuses too heavily on meat.

Progresso has better tomato basil and lentil spinach soups, which are accidentally vegan, and still mainstream and affordable to the average consumer.

Andersen's makes the BEST split pea soup, hands down, accidentally vegan since it's inception at a California diner in the 1920s, and marketed in a can since the late 40s. Campbell's has NOTHING on Andersen's. ..neither does any veg company I've tried, and I've tried several.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk

#4 Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Screw Campbells! They lost me when they discontinued their mushroom gravy. It was so nice to have that on the shelf! Just regular gravy that was vegan in a can!

I emailed them about creating cashew creme soups and sent a very condesending reply about how they didn't feel that was appropriate for their customer base or something stupid

Best soup is frozen Tabatchnicks. All their parve soups are vegan
http://tabatchnick.com/product_cat/pareve/
Wait what? Campbell's didn't discontinue their Mushroom gravy...it's still available at my local grocery store. Did this happen in the past few months?

Ingrid Newkirk
#5 Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 AM
Bandit

I just looked at their website btw, and three of their soups are vegetarian. Not the ones you listed. Unfortunately at least one of the vegetarian soups contains dairy, but yeah now I seriously doubt emailing them to change their product will do any good, they're going to tell you three of their Well Yes soups are vegetarian.

BTW, I don't disagree with you, I think it's pointless to put chicken broth in those soups, when I still ate dairy I didn't understand why Panera had to put chicken broth in their broccoli cheese soup, especially when they offer two soups which are vegetarian, and both can be made vegan, just by removing pesto from the garden vegetable.

I just don't think this is going to do much good. I don't expect great things from a canned soup company who still peddles condensed, MSG laden, Depression Era soup-like crap as their main line.

I did just think of something, though. It's not kosher, either, to hide meat broth in otherwise vegetarian soups. They could lose business from vegans, vegetarians and Jewish people.

Ingrid Newkirk

Last edited by Thalassa; 03-23-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page