• 1 Post By Thalassa
  • 3 Post By Sidhuriel
  • 1 Post By Thalassa
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 2 Post By Sidhuriel

#1 Old 06-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Social Media’s Censorship War Against Vegans

\\Censorship of the truth and bias against vegan accounts is yet another extension of our global society’s willful denial of what we are doing to animals and our planet. In this video I discuss the disturbing undercurrent of social media censorship as a whole. YouTube is trying to silence me. Help me fight social media censorship of the vegan message with one simple action. I refuse to buy the lie. I will never stop speaking up. Will you help me fight for truth?
Hydrogen, Purp, meg moo and 2 others like this.

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
Censorship \\Censorship of the truth and bias against vegan accounts is yet another extension of our global society’s willful denial of what we are doing to animals and our planet. In this video I discuss the disturbing undercurrent of social media censorship as a whole. YouTube is trying to silence me. Help me fight social media censorship of the vegan message with one simple action. I refuse to buy the lie. I will never stop speaking up. Will you help me fight for truth?
Omg Emily I can't believe they censored that fantastic video!!! I will definitely be joining your relaunch watch party, and share it with others. Thanks for all you do for the animals.
#3 Old 06-13-2016, 07:18 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
Censorship \\Censorship of the truth and bias against vegan accounts is yet another extension of our global society’s willful denial of what we are doing to animals and our planet. In this video I discuss the disturbing undercurrent of social media censorship as a whole. YouTube is trying to silence me. Help me fight social media censorship of the vegan message with one simple action. I refuse to buy the lie. I will never stop speaking up. Will you help me fight for truth?
I'll be happy to watch it again to try to get the momentum going again. Personally, I think a letter writing campaign to Youtube is in order...the only vegans that need to be silenced are the ones using the movement to spread sizeist, racist, homophobic, or anti-feminist views. People legitimately trying to provide education and awareness need to be heard, and your videos are among the best out there for giving a voice to the voiceless.
Purp, Spudulika, Thalassa and 1 others like this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

#4 Old 06-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
I'll be happy to watch it again to try to get the momentum going again. Personally, I think a letter writing campaign to Youtube is in order...the only vegans that need to be silenced are the ones using the movement to spread sizeist, racist, homophobic, or anti-feminist views. People legitimately trying to provide education and awareness need to be heard, and your videos are among the best out there for giving a voice to the voiceless.
I don't think YouTube should censor anyone unless the terms of service are clearly violated. Even if I don't like their message.
Purp and Sidhuriel like this.
#5 Old 02-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Bandit

Emily I absolutely support you in fighting social media censorship. Though this video is months old, I would rather post this here than on YouTube in hopes of drawing more attention from people here.

There is attempted censorship coming from the plant based community itself rather than simply from business owners. Bite Size Vegan was unfairly attacked, and slandered, on YouTube, but now many of us are being subpoenaed in a civil suit by the sociopath Jeff Nelson who owns Veg Source, some of us (like me) who don't even make videos but merely made comments concerning ethical veganism, animal rights and his terrible behavior, on other videos.

There are people within the plant based community on YouTube aggressively trying to intimidate, silence, discredit or dox ethical vegans. This is real and I think there should be more awareness of this on vegetarian forums, because there needs to be more unity against these so-called attacks from "within" (even though these people aren't even ethical vegans and may even troll or say they hate animal rights activists) and it not only affects human vegans or vegetarians, but can harm the animals, because it's so malicious.

I'm honestly very concerned and wonder if Jeff Nelson can be stopped.
Purp likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#6 Old 02-01-2017, 04:02 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
I don't think YouTube should censor anyone unless the terms of service are clearly violated. Even if I don't like their message.
I agree.

The problem here I think though is that Youtube has a policy against videos that show violent or disturbing content of any kind.

If enough people report a video and it has any kind of violence in it, it will be removed no matter what the message is.

That is how vegans get censored, because omnivores are the majority and most of them do not want to see videos that depict animal cruelty, even if the purpose is educational.

Youtube does not care whether the video is educational, they just see the violence and remove the video.

I doubt Youtube is on a crusade against vegans, but I think a big group of omnivores are just constantly reporting our content because they do not like what they are seeing.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#7 Old 02-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhuriel View Post
I agree.

The problem here I think though is that Youtube has a policy against videos that show violent or disturbing content of any kind.

If enough people report a video and it has any kind of violence in it, it will be removed no matter what the message is.

That is how vegans get censored, because omnivores are the majority and most of them do not want to see videos that depict animal cruelty, even if the purpose is educational.

Youtube does not care whether the video is educational, they just see the violence and remove the video.

I doubt Youtube is on a crusade against vegans, but I think a big group of omnivores are just constantly reporting our content because they do not like what they are seeing.

If YouTube actually has a problem with violent content, why can I watch old slasher films there?
Purp likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#8 Old 02-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

[quote=BiteSizeVegan;3984593]Censorship \\Censorship of the truth and bias against vegan accounts is yet another extension of our global society’s willful denial of what we are doing to animals and our planet. In this video I discuss the disturbing undercurrent of social media censorship as a whole. YouTube is trying to silence me. Help me fight social media censorship of the vegan message with one simple action. I refuse to buy the lie. I will never stop speaking up. Will you help me fight for truth?[/quote @BiteSizeVegan --I never saw the original video, either here or on Facebook (I follow you there, as well), nor did I hear about this, although we were having a family crisis at the time. If it means making a YT account, then I will. You message isn't scary, the rest of YT's message is. Oh, and @Thalassa , thank you for commenting on this so I could see it.
Thalassa likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#9 Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
If YouTube actually has a problem with violent content, why can I watch old slasher films there?
Because less people report it?

Most people are fine with violence..
Purp and Thalassa like this.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page