do you vegans drink coffee/energy drinks ? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 PM

does anyone here drink sugar free sodas/energy drinks..and coffee?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 AM

I am pretty much addicted to monster lo carb. I only have one a day, but I have even more trouble thinking than without them. A lot more trouble. ..
#3 Old 06-28-2009, 01:10 AM

tons of coffee

sugar-free energy drinks as needed

Diet Pepsi

caffeine and chemicals... bad, I know... I do MUCH better without the chemicals.... but I'm weak.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#4 Old 06-28-2009, 01:11 AM

I drink coffee. Maybe one cup a week, if even. I used to drink it all day everyday. (I like mine black and strong) I rarely drink pop, maybe once a month. I was never into energy drinks. I've tried a few & they were good, but I just don't find them necessary for me.
#5 Old 06-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Loads of coffee.

All those antioxydants to me a load of good!!!

But not sodas. That's pure junk.
#6 Old 06-28-2009, 04:01 AM

I drink a lot of coffee. I like mine very strong with just a little vanilla soy milk.

I don't drink energy drinks or soda, but I will have a natural root beer every once in a while (and I do mean every once in a while- I don't think I've had one in two years).
#7 Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 AM

I drink way too much coffee, but am trying to wean myself off the diet soft drinks these days.
#8 Old 06-28-2009, 06:39 AM

I can't even stand the smell of coffee, never mind drinking any...

I think energy drinks taste vile.... Plus I am enough of a spazz without them.

Sodas? Only flat (all bubbles stirred out) Canada Dry ginger ale if I am sick and throwing up which is very rare. My Mum used to give it to us as kids with saltines to "settle" our stomachs (probably an old wives tale as there is probably not a bit of real ginger in that ale). I'd probably be better off with ginger tea as the thought of drinking all that sugar kind of freaks me out....

Guess I am boring...
#9 Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 AM

I drink fizzy drinks (usually coke or sprite) a couple of times a week, and black coffee every day.
#10 Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM

I drink fizzy drinks a few times a week and black coffee on weekdays (need it to keep going at work, haha). tend to not touch energy drinks though as they taste like someones peed in a can and added sugar to it, if i find rockstar juiced i'll drink it though
#11 Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 AM

I used to drink a pot of coffee. But for some reason, as I have gotten older, all I can stomach is one cup of coffee. Maybe a perimenopause thing?
#12 Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I drink fizzy drinks a few times a week and black coffee on weekdays (need it to keep going at work, haha). tend to not touch energy drinks though as they taste like someones peed in a can and added sugar to it, if i find rockstar juiced i'll drink it though

You missy, speak the truth.

Rockstar and red devil is the only energy drink I drink now.

I never buy them myself but if somebody offers me a sip I won't turn it down

You are right about the pee in a can, some taste pure vile!

As for coffee, I used to drink a lot more, I haven't had one for about 2 weeks, I guess I've cut it out

Water & pure orange juice FTW!
#13 Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 AM

I used to drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning, but anytime I do that regularly I start having trouble with heartburn. So I had to cut back out. I just like the whole atmosphere it makes for me in the morning enjoying a good cup of coffee with some soy milk and reading or watching the squirrels in the yard. I do the same with green tea now, but it just isn't the same cause I enjoy the taste of coffee more. I'll have an ocassional soy latte as a treat and that's about it now.

Otherwise the only things I drink are a ton of water, a small glass of soy milk and a cup of green tea everyday.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog - http://myso-calledveganlife.blogspot.com/
#14 Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 AM

I love energy drinks but should NOT have them, as they're the key to the cage I keep my inner ADHD-afflicted four-year-old in.
#15 Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 AM

I don't drink coffee. I don't drink energy drinks or sodas.

END.

:]
#16 Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 AM

I drink coffee and black teas and diet soda. I know the chemicals in the soda at least are bad bad juju and I'm planning on cutting soda out entirely soon but caffeine is not the devil. I tend to avoid energy drinks though, unless I need them (ie: long drives with little sleep).
#17 Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I'll drink pretty much anything that's going. Why do you ask? Does it have something to do with veganism?
#18 Old 06-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

I drink sugar-free fizzy drinks every day. I have coffee once in a blue moon, mostly at uni if I'm really tired. I only use energy drinks to treat hypos (low blood sugar) because they work fastest.
#19 Old 06-28-2009, 01:19 PM

I used to drink all that stuff...coffee, energy drinks, and 4-5 cokes a day. Then one day none of it seemed appealing anymore so now it's various juices, rice milk, and lots of water. I really don't miss any of it and I'm sleeping MUCH better.
#20 Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM

I'd like to make an edit and say that I won't drink Coke!
#21 Old 06-28-2009, 11:47 PM

I'm not much of a soda/energy drink fan. But I would drink coffee nearly every weekday during the school year. Of course, I'm on summer break now, so my coffee consumption has significantly declined.
#22 Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 AM

None of the above. Funny thing is, I work in a coffee shop. Whenever I drink it's water, or unsweetened herbal tea. Every now and then I will have a kombucha. But I can't allow myself to have a "little" caffeine, I have a very addictive personality. Little caffeine quickly leads to daily massive amounts of caffeine.

+1 for Yerba Mate. I get the flavored ones sometimes at school after getting little/no sleep. They are delicious. I do have to limit myself to very spare occasions though.. WAY too much caffeine.
#23 Old 06-29-2009, 02:21 PM

I am also curious to why you asked the question? Are any of them not vegan or are vegan? What's the deal?

I drink a cup or two of coffee every day with soy milk. I know someone who won't go vegan because she can't give up the cream in her coffee...now that's just wrong! I looove the aroma of fresh brewed coffee.

I don't do anything carbonated, so no sodas of any kind.
#24 Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 PM

1-2 cups of BLACK coffee, sometimes more (depending on mood).

no colas, sugar free or otherwise.

no energy drinks.
#25 Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettemelissa View Post

does anyone here drink sugar free sodas/energy drinks..and coffee?

No because health is one of my reasons for choosing to be vegan.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#26 Old 06-30-2009, 05:45 AM

No fizzy pop, energy drinks or coffee, strong black tea is my downfall- 4-6 cups a day, it's just not good! The decaffeinated stuff just isn't as good, I guess you could say I'm addicted.
#27 Old 06-30-2009, 06:29 AM

Organic Yerba Mate
#28 Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM

sadly I do get energy drinks when I work....cause if I didn't I may fall asleep haha. I don't drink coffee. And I drink soda at special events like dinner with friends or at the movies or a BBQ. But thats about it.
#29 Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 AM

I drink one large cup of coffee a day with sugar free sweetener. I drink soda occasionally but not diet as I do not like the aftertaste of most diet sodas. I drink sweet tea sometimes. I never drink energy drinks. The ones I have tasted taste yucky.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#30 Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM

I drink 2-3 cups of strong black coffee daily.

No soda or energy drinks.

Yerba mate is

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page