Vegan french fries at major fast food chains. - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 PM
SPJ
Beginner

Does anyone know if any of the big burger chains in the U.S have fries that are Vegan? I mean no beef stock, and not cooked in animal fat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Administrator

The only ones I know of that aren't vegan are McDonalds.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#3 Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Beginner

Burger King.
#4 Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

The only ones I know of that aren't vegan are McDonalds.

Long John Silvers uses the same oil for their meat as they do for the fries. I don't know if you'd consider that acceptable or not.
#5 Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Burger King.

What is wrong with BK's fries?

#6 Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:

What is wrong with BK's fries?

Nothing, they are vegan and we posted at the same time. The OP was asking for Vegan ff fries. Burger King came to mind.
#7 Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Beginner

Does anyone know about Hardee's curly fries? My husband drives in there a few times and I have not ate there since like high school.
#8 Old 06-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Nothing, they are vegan and we posted at the same time. The OP was asking for Vegan ff fries. Burger King came to mind.

Oops. I forgot what the original question was. I thought he was asking which fries are not ok.

#9 Old 06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Oops. I forgot what the original question was. I thought he was asking which fries are not ok.

And that is why I love the quote button.
#10 Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Does anyone know about Hardee's curly fries? My husband drives in there a few times and I have not ate there since like high school.

According to http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...fo/Hardees.htm Hardees cooks their fries in the same vat as their meat.
#11 Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 AM
SPJ
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissierissie View Post

Long John Silvers uses the same oil for their meat as they do for the fries. I don't know if you'd consider that acceptable or not.

I was hoping to have fries that haven't been cooked in the same oil as meat. I feel like the only time I can be sure is when I'm at a vegetarian resturant.
#12 Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

I was hoping to have fries that haven't been cooked in the same oil as meat. I feel like the only time I can be sure is when I'm at a vegetarian resturant.

Burger King is your best bet. They are SUPPOSED to cook the fries in different oil, though on the BK site they make no guarantee that any food served (including their veggie burgers) is suitable for a veg*n diet.

If there's an In-N-Out near you they don't have any fried foods other than the fries so they would be safe.
#13 Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Beginner

At Hooters, there is a separate fryer for the fries, but if the fryers are full because it's super busy they will be dropped with the wings, pickles, and ribs.
#14 Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Beginner

My ex used to work at a Sonic where they had separate fryers for fries, but they often put the fries in the same oil as the chicken, etc... A lot of fast food places will do that, so it's really never a sure thing.
#15 Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Beginner

ooo I have quite a few in-n-outs around here, never go cause they dont seem very veg friendly.. but now i might have to treat myself to some fries sometime
#16 Old 06-23-2009, 12:10 PM
SPJ
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissierissie View Post

Burger King is your best bet. They are SUPPOSED to cook the fries in different oil, though on the BK site they make no guarantee that any food served (including their veggie burgers) is suitable for a veg*n diet.

If there's an In-N-Out near you they don't have any fried foods other than the fries so they would be safe.

I'm in So Cal so In and Out is a definate possibility.
#17 Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Beginner

First - fries aren't part of my diet.

My daughter (teen) works at BK and says not when she is on them as it is policy. However, she has seen the managers drop meat products in the FF fryers when busy. Best bet .... if you have to have them, cook 'em at home
#18 Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

At Hooters, there is a separate fryer for the fries, but if the fryers are full because it's super busy they will be dropped with the wings, pickles, and ribs.

Waitaminute... Hooters has fried pickles?
#19 Old 06-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem09 View Post

ooo I have quite a few in-n-outs around here, never go cause they dont seem very veg friendly.. but now i might have to treat myself to some fries sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

I'm in So Cal so In and Out is a definate possibility.

You can also get a "Wish Burger" at In-N-Out which is a bun with lettuce and tomato, if you order it with no cheese and ketchup/mustard instead of another sauce it's vegan since they don't use egg, milk or honey in the buns.
#20 Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#21 Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginner

In regard to Jack in the Box:

Quote:
Vegan items are French fries (supposed to be cooked in seperate oil, but not guaranteed), potato wedges (I suppose you can order them w/o cheese or bacon), guacamole, salsa, side salad, English muffin, hamburger bun, sesame breadsticks, tortilla bowl, pita bread, gyro bread and Apple turnover. Hot sauce, malt vinegar, soy sauce and taco sauce are vegan.

Now put all those together and make a sandwich.^^
#22 Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Beginner

wendy's fries can be cooked in the same oil as meat, it really depends on which wendy's you go to.

and as far as i know steak'n shake fries are vegan, including not being cooked in oil with meat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page