VeggieBoards banner

squirrels

936 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  squirrelnut 
#1 ·
I just can't believe this. I watched Gordon Ramsey's f word last night and never again! In that episode they actually encouraged people to go and hunt squirrels and said it is legal in england to do it if it is in your backyard and being a nuisance! As long as you are not torturing it. Like that's ever stopped people in the past! I wonder how many people went off killing gray squirrels right after that show to cook off for their supper that night! It is disgusting! I can't believe that the UK government would allow that! If one can kill squirrels in their backyards today, what's next. Pigeons? then what? People's cats...well they are everywere and we are running out of meat...so why the heck not! These cats are coming and ****ting on my property so I am going to kill it! OMG! what is the world coming to! I am just disgusted...disgusted! My friend thinks that the world is going to be vegan in the next 20-30 years. Right now, I don't see any future or hope for our planet.

#3 ·
I obviously don't agree with eating squirrels but it isn't usual. My mom and dad both grew up eating squirrel, rabbit, duck, etc. Anything their parents could hunt in their yard. I don't think many people eat squirrel anymore but this certainly isn't a new idea. Just thought I should point that out.

#4 ·
He always seems to encourage people to start eating "new" (or not popular) types of meat, like when he wanted people to eat horses. I suppose at least in the UK most people won't have the means to kill a squirrel without torturing it, as guns aren't very common (even though I think that any sort of killing method really equals torture). Apart from shooting, I don't know how someone is going to kill one... traps? Hm. I'd be hard pressed to actually catch a squirrel!

#6 ·
I knew people ate rabbits, but didn't know they ate squirrels. Still, encouraging people to kill them in their backyard is not exactly the same as going to the grocery store and buying your dinner. This encourages serial killer behavior!

I think people in UK will actually have to torture the squirrels to kill them because they don't have guns. I don't even want to have to think of it...but a bullet is much faster death than other methods. I googled it and there is an actual video of how to skin a squirrel because someone was inspired after watching that episode! How sick! Obviously I couldn't and didn't watch the video. But the whole idea just sickens me!

I was talking to an omni who had watched this very Gordon Ramsey episode, and they said they didn't find anything wrong with eating squirrels either because the grey squirrles were not native to UK and due to their large population were eliminating the red squirrles which are native to UK, so their population should be cut and killing them and eating it is a good idea. So I told him, well then Humans are endagering most animals and eradicating many species that have been wiped off entirely or are due to be wiped off. The number one distress to most animals are humans, so we should start killing humans and eating them too! Lets start with the ones that are a drain to our society...what do you think? They don't pay taxes...why should we keep them...lets just eat them! Then lets start with countries we don't like...instead of going to war, lets just eat them! Just guess what his come back was...just guess!!!

Oh, that's just vegan talk!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.