What did you eat vegan today? - Page 157 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#4681 Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Beginner

Yesterday:
B- Sauteed tofu, veggie sausage, onion, eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms topped with nutritional yeast and some lemon lime paprika seasoning from my exchange package. A slice of sprouted whole wheat toast and some tea.
L- Pasta with sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, onion and garlic, some black beans, a little artichoke spinach hummus and dried herbs
S- Two McIntosh apples
D- More zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic and black beans with chipotle spices in a whole wheat tortilla

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4682 Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekozet View Post

I want to eat like this everyday! All sounds divine!! I love fall with all the local squashes :)

I agree, posters like Gingerfoxx - and others on this thread - who maintain a healthy, tasty and varied sounding daily food log, really motivate me to keep moving towards a vegan/strict veggie diet. Not everyday is vegan for me yet, and I don't regularly post here even when I do have vegan days, but I love watching the postings here for inspiration. At a guess my diet is around 80% (or maybe more) vegan now, simply as a biproduct of osmosis from following threads like this one on VB. No longer the cheese sandwiches for lunch, no longer the boiled eggs for breakfast, no more omelettes, no more cheesy vegetable gratins. I'm gradually veganising without even making much focused effort to do so and it's all down to enjoying threads like this one!

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#4683 Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Beginner

Thanks! I get tempted sometimes too, but it inspires me to keep up my efforts, when I know I am setting a motivating example for others.

Today:

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- A homemade whole wheat muffin chock full of zucchini, dates, apricots, cranberries, spinach, applesauce, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg
L- Half a roasted sugar pumpkin filled with sauteed onion, celery, eggplant, tomato, nutritional yeast and dried herbs
D- Baked sliced potatoes, onion, green beans, tomato, garlic and Gimme Lean sausage, seasoned with dried herbs and spices and topped with some roasted sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast

#4684 Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Beginner

Today I had: 2 slices of bread with Tartex and Earth balance spread for breakfast. For lunch I had a salad with a ton of different veggies and lemon/olive oil dressing. I snacked on a piece of coconut cake and chocolate truffles, a nectarine, a banana and watermelon.. For dinner, I had pasta with faux Stroganoff, which was pretty good. A lot of food today....... wink3.gif
#4685 Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Beginner

Add to today's menu a vegan sundae with a scoop of TJ's vanilla soy ice cream, some chocolate chips, a few sliced almonds and a pinch of homemade chai masala spice.

#4686 Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Beginner

B:  Ronald's delicious doughnut of vegany goodness and coffee. 

L:  Fruit salad (driving home from Vegas does not make you hungry).

D:  Spring greens salad with avocado, heirloom tomatoes, pine nuts, and a balsamic vinegar reduction with spinach and crushed cashew stuffed baby portobello mushrooms. 

#4687 Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Beginner

Yesterday:

B - Toasted onion baguette with vegan sausages, nooch and ketchup

S - Earl grey and lemon cupcake

L - Toast with mashed avocado and wasabi on one slice, peanut butter and marmite on the other

S - Couple of homemade edamame, pea and carrot samosas

D - Homemade soya chunk and vegetable vindaloo with plain rice; some dark chocolate

Today so far:

B - Banana, mixed berry and chia seed smoothie; toast with marmite and peanut butter

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#4688 Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Beginner

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- A homemade whole wheat muffin chock full of zucchini, dates, apricots, cranberries, spinach, applesauce, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg
L- Spicy peanut butter soup (veggie broth, onion, carrot, celery, sweet potato, string beans, tomato, a tablespoon of peanut butter, some madras curry powder, cumin and cayenne) with a slice of sprouted whole wheat toast

D  The other half of the roasted sugar pumpkin filled with some improvised aloo gobi (Indian potato and cauliflower curry)

#4689 Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooch View Post

Today so far:

B - Banana, mixed berry and chia seed smoothie; toast with marmite and peanut butter

S - Samosa

L - Leftover vindaloo with added spinach

D - Two wholewheat wraps, one with smoky tempeh, onions and green peppers, the other with hot-sauce glazed tempeh and homemade coleslaw; chocolate cupcake with ginger frosting for dessert

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#4690 Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Beginner

B 2 organic bananas

L Amy's Tofu Scramble and a buttered (earth balance) tortilla and a HUGE salad.

D Waffles, tempeh bacon and a bunch of organic strawberries.

Apparently I was in the mood for breakfast all day long.  grin.gif

#4691 Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Beginner

Breckie - 2 x Wholemeal Toast & Chili Tartex Pate. Apple juice. Herbal tea

Dinner - Wholemeal Couscous w. fresh chopped herbs & lemon. Fresh made Red Slaw: Shredded red cabbage, carrot, beetroot & onion. Dressed w. walnut oil, mustard, brown sugar, cyder vinegar & soy yoghourt. Marinated (soy, sesame, brown sugar) griddled Tofu.

Supper - homemade (yesterday) Barley, Celery & Tarragon soup. (this is so warming!)

Pud - Soy Yoghourt* & Apricot Compote (organic dried apricots, stewed in apple juice, little b. sugar & sprinkle of walnuts)

* Sojade, my favourite: thick, tangy, perfect (does need stirring at first)

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#4692 Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Beginner

Dave's killer bread with creamy mustard, onions, olives, cabbage

Marcia Berkowitz Maui

#4693 Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

Apricot Compote (organic dried apricots, stewed in apple juice, little b. sugar & sprinkle of walnuts)

Oh em gee. Making this tonight. drool.gif

#4694 Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Beginner

B - Wholemeal toast with marmite, peanut butter and jam; glass of orange and cranberry juice

S - Chocolate ginger cupcake and strawberry, banana and chia seed smoothie

L - Homemade leek and potato soup with herbed croutons; another cupcake (I'm ill, I'm allowed!)

D - Spaghetti with sauteed onion and spring onion in vegan pesto with broccoli and pine nuts

#4695 Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Beginner

B 2 homemade vegan donuts!

L (Will be) Green salad and lentil soup.

D (Will be) Chikn n cheese quesadillas and Spanish rice.

Dessert Fresh fruit probably

#4696 Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantoo View Post

B 2 homemade vegan donuts!

L (Will be) Green salad and lentil soup.

D (Will be) Chikn n cheese quesadillas and Spanish rice.

Dessert Fresh fruit probably

Are the donuts a pain to make?
#4697 Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Beginner

B - Smoothie (banana, strawberries, spinach, chia seeds, orange and cranberry juice) and breakfast wraps (wholewheat wrap with scrambled tofu, onion, green pepper and pieces of vegan sausage)

L - Bagel with tofutti cream cheese, 'pepperoni' slices and tomato; cupcake

S - Raspberry liquorice bar, handful of toasted corn

D - Wholewheat noodles, onion, green peppers, spinach, arame, cashew nuts and tofu in sweet chilli sauce

#4698 Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Beginner

B- Hot cereal and tea

S- A homemade muffin

L- Spicy peanut butter and sweet potato soup with onion, carrot, celery, beans and summer squash

D- Corn penne, broccoli and bell peppers topped with homemade butternut squash sauce

#4699 Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Beginner

B Banana, fruit granola bar
L Sandwich with cashew butter, pear
D Fresh baked baguette, Angel Hair pasta with Soyrizo tomato sauce, green salad with shredded carrots
Dessert Tofutti Ice cream cone (which I'm eating right now)
#4700 Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Beginner

Breakfast: Smoothie with frozen mixed berries, a banana, kale, dates, and almond milk.

Snacks: A mixture of almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds, and half of a spirulina energy bar.

Lunch: A slice of cheeseless BBQ chickenless strip pizza

#4701 Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Beginner

B - Bagel with Tofutti and tomato, smoothie (banana, strawberry and spinach)

L - Leek and potato soup with a slice of toast and Tofutti; half a small berry flapjack

S - Toasted corn and a spoonful of peanut butter

D - Butternut squash stew - squash, onion, celery, garlic, green peppers, basmati rice, kidney beans and tomatoes in a spicy broth

I'm in the mood for baking so something tasty later for dessertthumbsup.gif

#4702 Old 10-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Beginner

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Another homemade muffin
L- Cauliflower and potato bisque (cauliflower, potato, onion, celery, miso, herbs and spices)
D- Not sure yet

#4703 Old 10-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Beginner

This is an excellent thread! I eat a primarily vegan diet, but I love icecresm and mayo. On occasion, I do eat them. But most of my meals and snacks are vegan. I used to feel guilty about eating dairy/eggs even once in a while, but now I don't bet myself up over slippage.

Alas, if there were inexpensive vegan icecreams I'd eat them. But niche market vegan fare ain't cheap. I have blended frozen bananas with almond milk and chocolate syrup...it's like a milkshake!

One thing I could never do is eat a total raw diet. Personally, I don't think they're balanced. As well, humans have cooked food for millennia and, I believe, our current bodies have evolved on this.
#4704 Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Well, for breakfatst, I'm having long grain brown rice, summer squash and tofu with light soy sauce.

Picking up Indian food for lunches for friends tommorrow. Not vegan with the ghee, but oh well...
#4705 Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Beginner

B - Slice of toast with marmite and nooch, scrambled tofu with tomato and some pesto mixed in

S - A few homemade chocolate biscuits

L - Massive salad - iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, artichoke, barley, butterbeans, pine nuts (with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)

S - Half a packet of crisps

D - Will be a bagel with tofutti cream cheese, 'pepperoni' slices and veg, and possibly some chips; fresh pineapple for dessert

#4706 Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Beginner

B - Nutty muesli and sliced banana with hot rice milk

S - Homemade cookie

L - Same salad as yesterday with added arame and nooch

S - Raspberry liquorice bar

D - Vegetable noodle stir fry with homemade tofu 'crab' cakes and three mini spring rolls

#4707 Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Beginner

B - Toasted bagel, half with tofutti cream cheese and half with peanut butter and marmite; banana, strawberry, pineapple and chia seed smoothie

L - Two small baked potatoes with tvp and vegetable chilli; four mini spring rolls; some leftover crumble

S - Carrot cake cupcake with lemony-cream cheese frosting

D - Salad (lettuce, cucumber, avocado, red pepper, sunflower seeds, nooch, gherkin) and a slice of wholemeal toast with cream cheese; raspberry liquorice bar

I need more greens. I'm taking my supplement more often now but worry about getting enough calcium.

#4708 Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Rice milk in my tea, cheezly on crackers, wide selection of nuts ... and uh forgotted rolleyes.gif

#4709 Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Beginner

Okay I just eat something so yummy I want to eat it everyday

So this was my dinner :

brown rice with baked beans, green beans, peas, red pepper, cucumber, broccoli, lentils and my mum's homemade tomato sauce with grated cheezly on top !!

She looked at my plate and said "my that looks healthy". It is ! grin.gif

#4710 Old 10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Beginner

B-rice cereal with bananas and almond milk
Snack- bananas
Lunch-quinoa brown rice blend with mushrooms
Dinner-same, ( I work sales, long day lol)
Closed Thread

Tags
Vegan-Recipes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page