montana's veggie burger - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Beginner

is this vegan?

i cant find the ingredients online, but i read them in the restaurant the other day and nothing jumped out at me (but i am not experienced with what to look out for either)

i got it without the cheese and mayo...

if it's vegan it will be awesome, cause it was a really great burger. i almost asked the server if she made a mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Beginner

perhaps you can give the name of the restaurant? is it actually called montana's? is there a website? i did a few searches but came up with a lot of veggie burgers located in the state of montana...

if you can get a box or something with ingredients from them and post them i am sure we can pick apart what (if anything) is not vegan ^_^
#3 Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Beginner

yeah it's called montana's it's at http://www.montanas.ca/ but they dont list the ingredients... they gave me a binder when i went in there and asked about it... i just thought someone may already know
#4 Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Beginner

well i emailed them and if they write back i will post the ingredients so we can check ^-^
#5 Old 02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Beginner

thanks! i hope it's vegan! it was the best veggie burger i've tried!
#6 Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Beginner

well this did not go as i had hoped.... no ingredient list, only nutritional information. i wonder if that means they have something to hide -shrug- maybe next time you go see if you can take the ingredients list home?

Quote:

Dear LeiLani Michelle,

Thank you for your e-mail with regards to nutritional and/or allergen information on the foods at our Montana’s restaurants. While we cannot provide the nutrition information on the entire menu we would be happy to provide it for any of the favourite items you select at the restaurant. We are only required by law to provide nutrition and allergen information for our Quick Service Restaurants (Harvey’s) but because Swiss Chalet is such a favourite among Canadian’s we also provide this information for that Brand. The dine-in restaurants are treated as all other restaurants in the city which may have only one outlet, they are not required to provide this information although many like Cara will make an effort to do so.

Please find the nutritional information of the product you inquired about. If you are worried about certain allergens, please let us know which ones you are concerned about.

Montana’s Vegetable Burger with Feta

Calories 775

Fat 40 g

Calories from Fat 367

Protein 38 g

Carbohydrate 67 g

Dietary Fiber 12 g

Cholesterol 25 mg

Calcium 400 mg

Iron 7 mg

Trans Fat 0.0

Valérie Roy

Bilingual Guest Service Supervisor

Superviseure-Service d'assistance Ã* la clientèle

"We are guest service obsessed and provide 'best-in-class' services to ensure the perfect guest experience, everytime!"

"Le service Ã* la clientèle est notre passion et nous nous efforçons d'offrir un service hors pair afin que nos invités vivent une expérience extraordinaire, d'une fois Ã* l'autre !"

#7 Old 02-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Holy Mama!

40 grams of fat!? The veggieburgers you buy for home have something like 5 grams of fat. 40 grams is closer to a Big Mac. How on earth do they make restaurant veggieburgers?

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#8 Old 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Beginner

There's cholesterol in them, so they can't be vegan.
#9 Old 02-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Beginner

thats bizarre! when i went i was expecting a pamphlet like most places give you, but when i asked for it they came out with a binder! i had to look up the pattie, the sauce, the bun and everything. shoot... i cant believe they wouldnt tell you in an email, but you can have a look at the restaurant... maybe i should bring in my camera next time i go and copy all the info lol
#10 Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Montana’s Vegetable Burger with Feta

Hello?
#11 Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seusomon View Post

Hello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post

i got it without the cheese and mayo...

perhaps read before you decide to be rude?
#12 Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Beginner

ok well i kept bugging them and finally got a dietitian to reply! they did not give the source of the monoglycerides though

Quote:
Hello LeiLani Michelle,

I am the dietitian at Cara Operations Limited and I gather from your questions to our guest service representative that you are a Vegan.

The Vegetable Burger at Montana’s contains no Honey and no Dairy/Eggs if as you suggested the Mayonnaise and Feta Cheese are removed.

As you will see from the Bun label below that although they contain none of your allergens the manufacturer does not rule out the possibility of cross-contamination from milk, soybean, egg and sesame seeds.

The patty is just a mixture of vegetables, herbs, spices and Soy, Wheat and Corn protein and starches used as binders.

Bun Ingredients:

ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, GLUCOSE FRUCTOSE SUGAR, YEAST, VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OR SOYBEAN), SALT, CORN FLOUR, COLOUR, CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SODIUM STEAROYL 2 LACTYLATE, MONOGLYCERIDES, CALCIUM CARBONATE, AMMONIUM CHLORIDE, CALCIUM SULPHATE. MAY CONTAIN POTASSIUM SORBATE. MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF MILK INGREDIENTS, SOYBEAN, EGG AND SESAME SEEDS

I hope this is the information that you need. Thank you for choosing Montana’s Cookhouse.

Sincerely,

Maisie Vanriel. B.Sc. RD. Dipl. Food Safety

Corporate Dietitian,

Cara Operations Limited.

i think i am gonna leave em alone though as i have been pestering them daily for almost a week >_< good luck!

love leilani 'your local restaurant pain in the butt' michelle (=
#13 Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Beginner

thanks so much!

thats really good news It's too bad that it's not the healthiest burger, but it's just one other option for a place to go eat out. (and if you arent too worried about it being healthy, it's one really good burger)

thanks for all your trouble!
#14 Old 02-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani View Post

perhaps read before you decide to be rude?

My apologies; I did not intend to be rude. There was a glaring disconnect between the question being asked, and the product they were providing information on, which seemed to be going unnoticed.

I'm glad you finally got the information.

All the best.
#15 Old 08-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Beginner

Thank you so much for this thread! I'm taking a girl out for dinner in a few weeks and she wants to go to montanas. Good thing my Vegan Google-fu is in check!
#16 Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Beginner

That is an absolutely ton of fat though. And over 700 calories. Yowzers, it better be a good burger for all that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page