Is it vegan? (Nancy's soy yogurt) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Is it really vegan?

Nancy's Springfield Creamery sell soy yogurt, and advertizes it as there own vegan product. So if they still support dairy farming is it ethical for them to pronounce they make a vegan product?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 PM

What makes a product vegan? That it does not contain animal products? Or that the company who produced the product in no way deals with animal exploitation? Or something else?

If it's the first, then I guess it would be fine to label it as vegan.

If it's the second, then I guess there would be a problem with almost or every 'vegan' product on the market, would it not?

Personally, if the product contains no animal products, I would label it as vegan. The company who owns the product is a different story, and I might or might not buy depending on the situation. In this case, I'm not a fan of soy yogurt, so I wouldn't buy it anyways.

It's nice when companies offer vegan options, as I think this opens up the potential to sell more vegan products, and heads more towards eliminating animal exploitation.

I believe everything.
#3 Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

I worry about stuff like this too but I dont like yogurt. I mean, I eat alot of tofu. When farmers grow soy beans do they know if they are going to be used to make tofu or are they going to be fed to cows to make hambergers? Should I stop eating tofu?
#4 Old 02-02-2007, 04:38 PM

Unless you want to grow all your own food, it's very hard to assure those who make your vegan food have zero associations with meat/dairy/eggs.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#5 Old 02-02-2007, 05:23 PM

Yes, if it contains no dairy or other animal products, I consider it vegan.
#6 Old 02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

will you eat a salad at macdonalds?
#7 Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post

will you eat a salad at macdonalds?

I don't know if McDonalds advertises it as vegan?
#8 Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 AM

www.isitvegan.info (uk site)
#9 Old 02-04-2007, 04:38 PM

Is there such a thing as a company which sells 'vegan' products and labels them as 'vegan' and has no connections with animal exploitation?

I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

I believe everything.
#10 Old 02-04-2007, 06:14 PM

My hubby is from Springfield, OR and has family friends who work at Nancy's. Let me just say their regular yogurt is delicious, so I'm excited to try their soy yogurt. We live in MI and special order it by the case, so hopefully it's worth it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page