Best vegan magazine? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM

I had a subscription to Vegetarian Times, which I did like a lot, however I got sick of the the pro-eggs/dairy stuff all the time. I'm not vegan but I really don't eat much dairy/eggs, and I'm aware of the negative stuff behind it. ANYWAY....so what's the best vegan magazine out there(I'm in the US by the way)? I've read VegNews a couple times, but I didn't seem to like it as much. I know there's a few others. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2007, 06:13 PM

I've been subscribing to Vegetarian Journal since 1997, when I decided to go veg. It made my transition a lot easier! There are NO ads, but plenty of recipes. You don't have to worry about veganizing any of them because they're ALL vegan. I don't know if it's the best magazine, but I highly recommend VJ.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 PM

omg so far I think that Satya Magazine beats Vegnews AND vegetarian times I've read them all and Satya is just the best...everyone here should be subscribed to it
#4 Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM

well, if you are into the whole activist part of veganism, Herbivore Magazine is pretty much amazing.

just check it out. you might just fall into vegan love.
#5 Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

I haven't been able to find many around here, but my favorite is VegNews. It alwas has a nice balance of veg news/events, environmental news, health advice, restaurant features, book reviews, and interviews with influential vegetarians/vegans in addition to recipes! I really want to get Satya and Herbivore though as I hear they're awesome.
#6 Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM

Satya.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#7 Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 AM

We've been getting Vegan magazine, from the Vegan Society occasionally since moving over here, and I've enjoyed it a good bit. Stateside, I'd go with those digging VegNews.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#8 Old 01-07-2007, 12:47 AM

I find Herbivore and Satya feel more like AR mags, inherently vegan for that reason. So, yeah.
#9 Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Does Satya ship to Canada? I looked at the website awhile ago and I liked what I saw!
#10 Old 01-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I love Herbivore already, and I've only read one issue. It's great, and as far as I've seen quite close to all vegan. I think that Veg News is too, but its articles (IMHO) aren't as great. I know that I agreed with most of the views that Herbivore presented, and there were no boring articles!
#11 Old 01-07-2007, 08:22 PM

VegNews is my favorite. Like someone said above, it has a good balance of different articles. I also really like Herbivore and Satya too but Herbivore seems really 'punk', not really in a bad way, it's just kind of over the top for me.

Garnett: I'm fairly certain that Satya ships to Canada. I remember reading that they ship international.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page