VeggieBoards banner

Does anyone know if Crisco all-vegetable shortening is vegan?

71K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BigBear1378 
#1 ·
I have contacted the company, but I really want to make my cookies now, lol, and I figured I might get a faster response from you guys. It is listed in several vegan lists, but it also has mono & di glycerides, so I'd rather be safe than sorry... Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
Alli, on another board I post at they confirmed just the other day that Crisco does in fact contain 100% vegan ingredients.

On the other hand, it IS owned by Proctor & Gamble... so it's your call whether or not you want to continue buying it after you use what you have up.

#3 ·
Alli, on another board I post at they confirmed just the other day that Crisco does in fact contain 100% vegan ingredients.

On the other hand, it IS owned by Proctor & Gamble... so it's your call whether or not you want to continue buying it after you use what you have up.

#12 ·
Everyone seems to confirm that Crisco is vegan with no hidden stuff, however in terms of health, Coconut is the best in terms of a shortening AND in terms of not sticking around in your cells for long. I think (per my health journey) that Safflower Oil is the king of all healthy oils... having said this... fat if fat and even the "good" fats if over done can cause cells to loose the ability to process sugar (type II diabetes).

So we always have to watch oils wherever it comes from... There are much much better veg fats than Crisco and Corn or Canola oil like Coconut (for cookies etc.) and Safflower (for salads etc.)... Animal fats are all bad and even low fat chicken and fish and low fat milk have way more fats than our cells should be exposed. So the fact that you are a Vegan is half way to health... but we are apparently not immune from problems if we are not smart about from what others are telling me.

BTW... in terms of cruelty/animal free.... watch out in Margarine, for Casein or any word that looks like "Casein". AlAlsos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.