Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaitlyn_Moore
  • 1 Post By oldmanveggie

#1 Old 05-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Fabulous

Exclamation Too Many Oreos!

Hello!
So Since going vegan (again) I noticed I keep eating oreos because they're like the only junk food in my house that's vegan... And like it'd be fine if I had like 1 oreos every few days maybe but I have like 4 a day and I find it embarrassing but they're the only thing that settles my craving of chocolate or cookies or cream or something like that. And I even have some vegan chocolate but like Oreos just do the trick and I crave them so much now what should I do XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn_Moore View Post
Hello!
So Since going vegan (again) I noticed I keep eating oreos because they're like the only junk food in my house that's vegan... And like it'd be fine if I had like 1 oreos every few days maybe but I have like 4 a day and I find it embarrassing but they're the only thing that settles my craving of chocolate or cookies or cream or something like that. And I even have some vegan chocolate but like Oreos just do the trick and I crave them so much now what should I do XD

Hi Kaitlyn,

Assuming that you're only eating 4 Oreo cookies per day, and no other junk food, I'd say it's perfectly OK!

Here is the nutrition data for Oreo cookies: https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-n...ndwich-cookies

The nutrition data is for 3 cookies - just multiply by 1.33 to see totals for 4 cookies.

Calories aren't too bad. The 4 Oreos contain a total of 212 calories. Assuming that you're eating at least 1800 calories per day, the 212 calories are only 12% of your daily calories. Not too bad.

Saturated fat also looks OK. The 4 Oreos together contain about 2.7 grams of saturated fat. The American Heart Association recommends that you get less than 6% of calories from saturated fat: https://healthyforgood.heart.org/Eat...Saturated-Fats . For an 1800 calorie diet, this is less than 12 grams of saturated fat per day.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

Last edited by David3; 05-17-2017 at 12:03 PM.
#3 Old 05-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Aren't you the one who was eating the Food For Life chocolate bars? I have them for a treat once in a great while and find they satisfy my chocolate cravings. Last week I whipped up some frozen banana, cocoa powder (the kind you find in the baking section of most groceries, which is totally vegan though not always ethically sourced), maple syrup, and almond milk and water for a chocolate smoothie and that was pretty good!

When I first went vegan, Vegweb was a happening site with a great forum and recipes. The recipe index is still there, and here is a very easy recipe I used to make to satisfy my chocolate cravings. The key is the peanut butter which makes the chocolate more rich and creamy like milk chocolate and less bitter like dark chocolate can be. I couldn't always find vegan chocolate chips back then, so would sometimes leave that out and just use the cocoa powder in the recipe and it still came out fantastic!

http://vegweb.com/recipes/new-improv...t-butter-fudge

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 Old 05-17-2017, 07:54 PM
Fabulous

Thanks guys! Yeah Oreos currently are the only junk food I'm eating I have a big sweet tooth so I always want some kind of junk lol and I havn't tried the Food For Life chocolate bars yet because my grocery store doesn't carry them I'll try out that smoothie idea just replacing almond milk with soy because I'm allergic to almonds thanks again
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#5 Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 PM

Who eats only 4 Oreo cookies, that's like eating only 5 potato chips out of the bag

When I found that Oreos were vegan, I bought some of the thin style ones last week. I ate the whole package in two days, unfortunately, just could not stop.
Poppy likes this.
#6 Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Ankle Biter

Yeah, I can't buy oreos because if I do, I run out of both oreos and Almond milk overnight.

Seriously, enjoy your oreos. You'll probably get tired of them before to much longer and move on to Ben & Jerry's vegan Almond brittle ice cream!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#7 Old 05-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I went through a huge Oreo phase a couple years ago and now I'm sick of them at least for now, maybe you'll burn out on them eventually?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Tags
addicting , help me , oreos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page