Vegan by Day Vegetarian by Night.. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Fabulous

Question Vegan by Day Vegetarian by Night..

Hello all!
I've been doing pretty good eating my main meals all vegan (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) but then comes my snacking throughout the day or night pretty much bored eating or cravings. They're almost never vegan, like i'll have ice cream, or chocolate bars but they're never vegan and it bugs me a bit, the only vegan junk food i have it oreos but I've lessened eating cookies because they just make me feel blah. I'm 15 so I can't just stop eating junk food because us teenagers need it to survive lol, but i'd like to have healthier junk and make it vegan but the problem is where i live they don't sell vegan chocolate bars that often and when they do they contain nuts which 'm allergic to and I don't wanna die from eating them it's not easy being a vegan in training who is allergic to nuts. Anyway I guess what i'm asking is how do I eat vegan junk food and not the nasty dairy egg fillied kind? And It's hard to avoid since I have a huge family (10 siblings plus my parents and grandma) who all love their junk food too lol and hate vegan stuff so I can't hide it or throw it out to stop myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Plant Powered

My husband should be answering this since he's the junk food junkie lol, but I'll try

For him it's chips and chocolate that are his weakness. He was super bummed to discover a lot of his favourites had dairy in them. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to identify the ones that have them, just check the allergen statement for milk/eggs... obviously anything with cheese is out LOL. Usually the more natural or artisan varieties of chips (Hardbite, Kettle) have a salt 'n vinegar that doesn't use milk.

In the chocolate realm, you can generally find lots of different dark chocolates that are dairy free, but again, just check the allergen statements, particularly if you're allergic to nuts.

Dad's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (in Canada) are vegan friendly. They're way better than Oreos! ^_^

If you're feeling adventurous, why not try making some of your own "junk" foods? It's way healthier, and way tastier... plus you always know what's in your food. There's tons of awesome recipes online, and I bet you'd be way happier with your own cookies, cupcakes or snack bars than something you buy in a store ^_^ Good luck!
#3 Old 05-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Where in Canada do you live?
I'm from southern Ontario and got some vegan dark chocolate at Shoppers Drug Mart -- very mainstream store. The one I got does have almonds because I like it and can eat it, but they also had vegan chocolate that was nut-free.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 05-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Tags
healthy , help me , junk food , stop , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page