VeggieBoards banner

Vegan Quorn in the UK!?

845 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Spudulika 
#1 ·
So Vegan Quorn hit the UK shelves in October this year.

Has anyone tried it? One product is 'chicken' chunks and the other is spicy burgers.

I only realised yesterday that I can this from ASDA (it's the usual orange and white packaging with a big green VEGAN logo on it) and now have four bags (yes it's a multi-buy deal) in my online shopping basket.

Seems the nagging from wannabe vegan customers for Quorn to reformulate the product has paid off!

I think this is significant as Quorn are the leading veggie brand in the UK.

#2 ·
So Vegan Quorn hit the UK shelves in October this year.

Has anyone tried it? One product is 'chicken' chunks and the other is spicy burgers.

I only realised yesterday that I can this from ASDA (it's the usual orange and white packaging with a big green VEGAN logo on it) and now have four bags (yes it's a multi-buy deal) in my online shopping basket.

Seems the nagging from wannabe vegan customers for Quorn to reformulate the product has paid off!

I think this is significant as Quorn are the leading veggie brand in the UK.
I am so happy to hear this!
Quorn is probably one of the only things I miss in transitioning from veggie to vegan. I will be looking out for these in asda!

Yay! :)

#7 · (Edited)
OK, we had a curry with vegan Quorn chicken chunks (EVOO, onion, garlic, Madras curry paste, vegan Quorn chunks, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk) and pretty good!

I think they may be slightly softer in texture than the non-vegan ones but otherwise a very similar product and worthwhile buying if you like the convenience of meat substitutes.

I suspect I won't buy often as although I got a bunch of these while they were on offer, I'm really going off meat subs overall; even occasionally (which is why it took me so many weeks to get around to trying them).

But overall thumbs up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.