A vegan version of bacon ? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-12-2015, 02:45 AM

Question A vegan version of bacon ?

Before seeing the error of my ways, I was a meat eater and my dad always comforted my hangover with a bacon sandwich. When I became a vegan overnight I thought I would miss it and funnily enough people always ask me if I miss bacon? For the record I don't, but I think I may have found a healthy, vegan alternative that apparently tastes like bacon - Dulse Seaweed. Read more for health benefits....
It can be added to soups, desserts, bread, chowders and salads or deep fried to make crisps. I will fry it this weekend and see if it really does taste like bacon!

Nutritional benefits
Dulse is very rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin A. It is also an exceptional source of fibre (up to 30% when dried) and is bulking with proteins (up to 35%). It further contains a range of trace elements such as iron, sodium and potassium that are essential for your body’s every day functioning. In fact, there is more iron in 8 gram dried dulse than in a 100 gram sirloin steak! It even has twice the nutritional value of kale

Health Benefits
Anti-oxidant
Diminish risk of cardiovascular disease
Anti-inflammatory
Neuroprotective
Helps to treat blocked arteries
Helps to prevent liver damage

Last edited by Collated Style 2; 08-12-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-13-2015, 07:57 PM

I've heard so much about this! I haven't had bacon since I was five years old, so I don't miss it or even remember what it tastes like. However, I do really like seaweed snacks, so I'm interested to try this. Where did you get it?
#3 Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 PM
jmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I've heard so much about this! I haven't had bacon since I was five years old, so I don't miss it or even remember what it tastes like. However, I do really like seaweed snacks, so I'm interested to try this. Where did you get it?
I too have heard about this and am highly interested. No sense in lying, I loved bacon. And not in the ironic way.

I'd love love love a bacon that doesn't involve what I've seen. I cannot be a part of that. I still see vids in my head when I see the packages.

Will have to try this!

Tags
vegan bakeries , vegan beauty , vegan food online , vegan food review

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page