What do you desire in 2015? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

#1 Old 12-29-2014, 11:03 AM

What do you desire in 2015?

How do you envision your life in 2015? Do you want to make a commitment to your health by going vegan? Get your health back on track? Feel more connected? Find success? These tips will help you align your wants with your goals and help you make a plan to acquire your dream life.

Make a Change in 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-29-2014, 04:59 PM
No flesh since 99'

I guess I have 3 goals this year I've been planning out (in OCD detailed lists) for a few weeks now::

1. Start and stick to an exercise routine

2. Save up+get a dehydrator so I can try new recipes and try the full scope of raw recipes

3. This year me n Kiwi will be working on (him) learning to assemble a simple puzzle and *possibly* learning some simple shapes and colors. I'm not sure just how smart my bird is capable of being, though in the 6 years since I adopted him, he has displayed some pretty clear signs of higher intelligence. They can supposedly get up to the mental abilities of a 3-4 year old child. And for those who don't know, the interaction is a good bonding activity and learning is good mental stimulation, so it very much benefits him. We will also be continuing socialization activities once the weather warms back up and he can go back out (he made leaps and strides with that last year). I love all animals, but Kiwi is truly my pride and joy. I never knew you could love an animal so much, so I'm always working on new ways to make him as happy and healthy as possible.

It would be entirely too long to post all my lists here, but I find checklists help me greatly. It's a visual way to track my progress and make sure I am doing everything by or before my goal date! Only iffy things are with Kiwi, since he goes by no ones schedule but his own lol. I do try to initiate training games a couple times a week, but if he's not in the mood, no progress is made since I don't want to force him to do anything.

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 12-29-2014 at 05:06 PM.
#3 Old 12-29-2014, 06:46 PM

This year is a biggie! 2015 is my year! I will be turning 35 in September. or maybe :-) ??? I want to lose as much weight as possible by Christmas of 2015. If I lose about 1 or two pounds a week I could be down 100 pounds at least- at or near 200 pounds! I have already gone down 4 pounds in less than four days. I realize this is probably the initial water loss associated with losing weight but it's a step in the right direction!
I love eating vegetarian and really am devoted to this new way of eating.
I am getting a personal trainer soon. i already called but it went to voicemail so i assume they are taking the holidays off. I am excited to get started.
I am looking forward to my New Years Eve meal that I already have planned. I bought veggie protein crumbles that resemble and taste very much like crumbled hamburger. i will be seasoning it with taco seasoning and having in over a fresh spring mix salad with all the yummy fixings- light sour cream (I might try the vegan sour cream recipe), guacamole, beans, pickled jalapeños, black olives, Mexican cheese, white onion and chopped tomato. I always dress my taco salad in chi-chi's taco sauce that comes in a bottle. It's kind of a smooth, moderately spicy tomato based sauce. I buy the medium heat one. It will be a vegetarian taste explosion!
I also bought two bottles of Barefoot Champagne. My friends will be there and I will be preparing them beef tacos. I haven't gotten to where I am turned off by real meat yet but at the same time I don't crave it at all. I can cook it and smell it cooking but I'll still be looking forward to my vegan crumbles!
i really enjoy begin a part of this community and begin able to rant about vegetarianism and my love of veggie crumbles. LOL. It probably drives some people crazy.
As I am losing weight i will also be searching for a new job. As much as I don't like working there is something really cool about being independent and not being a mooch.
2015!!!

#4 Old 12-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I desire world peace, love and respect for ALL sentient beings, cooperative working toward a healthier planet.

On a personal level, I have already accomplished quite a bit over the last year...college degree, landed the professional job I have wanted for years, certification, getting healthier (from anorexia), animal rights activism with Vegan Outreach, etc. I guess this coming year I hope to get better at my career. I hope to rebuild a social life. I hope to meditate and take more yoga classes and go on a BWCA trip with my husband and spend time with my sister. I hope to get to know my Dad more as he ages before he is gone. And continue to be involved in a greater cause on some level.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 12-30-2014, 03:03 AM
The prowling wolf

I found out about a month ago that I've got Aspergers syndrome (a form of autism) and that finally explains why some things that are ''easy'' for others are so hard for me to maintain. I am happy to know why I struggle so much with ordinary things, and happy to know I can get therapy to learn to deal with certain things.

So my list of things I want to do in 2015 consists mainly of self improvement points and the year will have a largely internal focus for me.

1) I want to learn to accept myself with my disabilities, and stop seeing everything short of perfection as ''failure''. I want to learn to respect myself with my limitations.

2) I want to try to take slow steps towards veganism, because of my autism it is very hard for me to give up certain routines and get used to new foods but I will try as much as I can to reduce suffering.

3) I want to learn to take care of myself in a gentle way, not forcing myself to do anything but also not to give up too soon because I'm not perfect right away.

As you can see, there's lot's of room for me to be busy
#6 Old 12-31-2014, 06:06 PM
Baby Love

Lots of great wishes and goals already posted Best of luck to everyone!

One goal for my family in 2015 is to buy a new house. We sold ours when we moved this summer and are currently in an apartment.

My other goal is to get healthy again with plenty of nourishing food and getting back into running 5Ks by spring.

This year's wishes were to finally have some luck getting pregnant and have another baby and for my husband to get a new job (his old boss was truly terrible). Somehow we managed to get both! We are very thankful this year!
LedBoots and djunamod like this.
#7 Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Vegan as f**k

Well I guess one of the things I would like to do is to help my fellow vegans/ would-be-vegans with any vegan-related questions they might have ...And learn from them too, of course...

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#8 Old 01-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to eat less junk food, be generally as healthy as I can be, and get myself pregnant :-)

The longer version of that one is, I have always had a very irregular cycle and we have been finding it hard to get the timing right. I did a few months of those ovulation test strips, but my guy found them very stressful. They made me a little neurotic, and he did not like feeling pressure to 'perform' on certain days. He has asked me to stop using them and to trust that it will happen when it is meant to. So I am hoping 2015 will be my year...
#9 Old 01-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
He did not like feeling pressure to 'perform' on certain days
That's fair enough...I guess trying for kids can be stressful...Trying too hard probably takes the fun out of it

Good luck to you both for 2015!
#10 Old 01-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I want a new year already. A friend of mine went to sleep one night, and didn't wake up the next morning. :sad: Bad new year.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#11 Old 01-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I want a new year already. A friend of mine went to sleep one night, and didn't wake up the next morning. :sad: Bad new year.
I'm so sorry to hear that...My condolences...
Purp likes this.
#12 Old 01-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Lovable misanthrope

World peace and total animal liberation.
And for me lots of good health and energy and strength to carry on in this cruel world and to fight for what is right.
I also wish for a more understanding and less narcissistic power obsessed manager.
I also wish for the tears to stop
#13 Old 01-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I wish for my children to be healthy and prosper. I wish to let go of regrets and watch them fly up like those sky lanterns.
Purp likes this.
#14 Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
I also wish for a more understanding and less narcissistic power obsessed manager. I also wish for the tears to stop
I'm sorry things are difficult for you

In time things will get better though I'm sure
Purp likes this.
#15 Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post
I'm sorry things are difficult for you

In time things will get better though I'm sure
Thank you GoVegan. The work situation isn't what's causing tears, the manager is a minor irritation in life and really is nothing compared to the more global problems which keep me awake at night
Purp likes this.
#16 Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Thank you GoVegan. The work situation isn't what's causing tears, the manager is a minor irritation in life and really is nothing compared to the more global problems which keep me awake at night
Yes...I can relate to this...The widespread practice of cruelty to animals around the world disturbs me too
#17 Old 01-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Lovable misanthrope

You've been vegan for a while now GoVegan, does it get better? Do you lighten up a bit after a while? I'm new to it and feel shocked and horrified and desperate and can't stop thinking about it off a minute and literally cry myself to sleep every night to only get some 3-4 hours of restless sleep and then it starts again. Talking to people I know proved to be futile. Even vegetarians I know don't want to hear. I've also been openly told I'm depriving my children by not cooking meat for them in the house.
#18 Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
You've been vegan for a while now GoVegan, does it get better? Do you lighten up a bit after a while? I'm new to it and feel shocked and horrified and desperate and can't stop thinking about it off a minute and literally cry myself to sleep every night to only get some 3-4 hours of restless sleep and then it starts again. Talking to people I know proved to be futile. Even vegetarians I know don't want to hear. I've also been openly told I'm depriving my children by not cooking meat for them in the house.
I remember when I first saw videos of veal calves being abused/ slaughtered and chicks being ground up I was extremely angry and heartbroken and I still do feel this when I think about it (like now actually!)...

However, I am able to carry on with things in day-to-day life so don't worry there is hope for the humble vegan!

I am sorry to hear of your pain and I completely understand it...And I am sure that you set a good moral example for your children!

Children are lied to all the time about the meat/dairy/egg industry...It's good to hear that your children are on the right path
#19 Old 01-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
I remember when I first saw videos of veal calves being abused/ slaughtered and chicks being ground up I was extremely angry and heartbroken and I still do feel this when I think about it (like now actually!)...

However, I am able to carry on with things in day-to-day life so don't worry there is hope for the humble vegan!

I am sorry to hear of your pain and I completely understand it...And I am sure that you set a good moral example for your children!

Children are lied to all the time about the meat/dairy/egg industry...It's good to hear that your children are on the right path
Well you say that but I asked my daughter if she would like to drink almond milk like me or maybe soya, she refused, I explained how sad it us for the cows, but it didn't work. I do wish I was vegan when they were first born. I found this cool website about all vegan families and kids raised as vegan from birth. I'd love to have the same experience
#20 Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Lovable misanthrope

I don't think children are lied about the farming industry, I believe those parents just genuinely believe that animals don't deserve anything better and they pass it on to their children the ignorance and indifference. Many religious people have told me in our debates that God has put those animals on Earth so we could eat them. Another prime example how religion is used as an excuse for doing in humane things ...terrorism and animal abuse and slaughter are right next to each other. ...expecting some angry replies...
#21 Old 01-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Well you say that but I asked my daughter if she would like to drink almond milk like me or maybe soya, she refused, I explained how sad it us for the cows, but it didn't work. I do wish I was vegan when they were first born. I found this cool website about all vegan families and kids raised as vegan from birth. I'd love to have the same experience
Hopefully in time she will agree to try some soya milk
#22 Old 01-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
I don't think children are lied about the farming industry, I believe those parents just genuinely believe that animals don't deserve anything better and they pass it on to their children the ignorance and indifference. Many religious people have told me in our debates that God has put those animals on Earth so we could eat them. Another prime example how religion is used as an excuse for doing in humane things ...terrorism and animal abuse and slaughter are right next to each other. ...expecting some angry replies...
I actually meant the meat/dairy/egg industries themselves keep everything very secretive and portray happy animals on their product's logos...This dishonest behaviour is enough to keep the truth from children...Of course if parents directly lie to their children then that compounds the problem...

I have heard the argument that God put animals on earth to be eaten...In the bible Adam and Eve are supposed to eat fruit/veg (=vegan diet) until they are corrupted...So that was what God would have wanted them to do ideally...However, since animals actually evolved and were not "put" here this argument is irrational in the first place...

And the whole not stunning animals before slaughter is all because 1000 year old slaughter methods are mentioned in certain holy books...Those same books also tell you to stone people to death for working on Sundays...Did somebody say outdated?
#23 Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
I actually meant the meat/dairy/egg industries themselves keep everything very secretive and portray happy animals on their product's logos...This dishonest behaviour is enough to keep the truth from children...Of course if parents directly lie to their children then that compounds the problem...

I have heard the argument that God put animals on earth to be eaten...In the bible Adam and Eve are supposed to eat fruit/veg (=vegan diet) until they are corrupted...So that was what God would have wanted them to do ideally...However, since animals actually evolved and were not "put" here this argument is irrational in the first place...

And the whole not stunning animals before slaughter is all because 1000 year old slaughter methods are mentioned in certain holy books...Those same books also tell you to stone people to death for working on Sundays...Did somebody say outdated?
Ah you are well informed, I'll need to look out for those religios quotes to arm myself when I'm next assaulted and mocked
#24 Old 01-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Ah you are well informed, I'll need to look out for those religios quotes to arm myself when I'm next assaulted and mocked
The garden of Eden story is pretty clear that Adam and Eve should eat the plants of the garden (apart from the forbidden fruit, of course)
#25 Old 01-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
The garden of Eden story is pretty clear that Adam and Eve should eat the plants of the garden (apart from the forbidden fruit, of course)
Mind you they were Muslims who were arguing that with me...and I know very little about coran
#26 Old 01-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Mind you they were Muslims who were arguing that with me...and I know very little about coran
The old testament and Qur'an have a lot of similarities...
#27 Old 01-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Ah in French it's coran
#28 Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Vegan as f**k

Oh ok...Tres bon
#29 Old 01-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Impeach the psychopath

Quote:
Maybe the forbidden "fruit" was meat?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#30 Old 01-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Veggie Regular

1. Eliminate dairy from my diet (really it's just cheese left now) - i.e. continue on with the vegan transition
2. Stay healthy (diet, exercise etc.)
3. Start a family
4. Finish the house (we are renovating - right now it feels like I might be renovating till the end of time - but really now it's just three rooms left upstairs which need to be done)
LedBoots likes this.

Tags
change , goals , resolutions , tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page