Traveling To Costa Rica - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-08-2014, 05:10 PM

Traveling To Costa Rica

Hi! MY name is Nicole, in about a month i'm planning on traveling to Costa rica for about 10 weeks. I'll be doing a homestay, going to school part of the time, then having an internship for most of it. I am nervous about the food as most advice i've seen is for tourists who eat out a lot, and for the most part my coordinator has just told me "not to worry" in the typical costa vein. HELP PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't understand your question Nicole, what are you worried about? There are grocery stores in Costa Rica like everywhere if you plan on cooking your meals. If you plan to eat out just check what could fit as vegan on the menu, ask for minor changes if you need, most restaurant don't mind. Costa Ricans eats a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and rice and beans. Just omit the meat that goes with the dish! You'll be fine

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#3 Old 12-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Don't Eat Animals.

My vegan daughter is going to CR in a few months. She plans on eating rice & beans, plantains, yucca root, fruits, other veggies, etc.

There's a lot to eat there, even for vegans.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Tags
abroad , costa rica , travel , traveling , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page