VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegan therapist referral?

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Vegan Therapist 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend an in-network vegan therapist? I'm in the NYC area, specifically the northern suburbs, but I'm not opposed to seeing someone who is based in Manhattan. I have a good insurance plan that is also quite common, so the only providers who don't accept it typically are the ones who don't take any insurance at all.

I just can't bear the thought of airing all my complaints and grievances about this non-vegan world to a therapist while we're both sitting on leather sofas. I also don't want to have to spend time and money educating someone who is completely unfamiliar with the issues surrounding animal exploitation. I'd rather have someone who is already on the same page so I can hit the ground running.

#2 ·
Ugh... I found one who looked promising... only to find that my insurance is not accepted, and the out of network rate is ridiculous, so I thought... only to then later find out that the rate isn't all that ridiculous for the geographic area, comparatively speaking. Every direction I turn, I find a road block.

I'm not going to air all my complaints and grievances about this heinous world to some idiot whose GPA in grad school was 2.1 and has a belly full of flesh while we both sit on leather sofas. I'm also not going to allow a vegan therapist to milk my savings, which are all going to be left to abolitionist/vegan causes when I die, just so I can ***** and whine like a little child about how painful it is for me to endure a world in which farm animals endure true slavery and torture.

I feel both misanthropic and nihilistic. Is that even possible? :eek:

#3 ·
I feel both misanthropic and nihilistic. Is that even possible? :eek:
The two are not mutually exclusive.

I am fond of saying, "Life is short, pointless, and all too often miserable. If you find something that makes you happy (and it does no harm to others) CHASE it."

Having said that.....I advise you continue to look for an in network therapist that will work for you. (Even call the one you found that is not in network, and ask them.)

I don't believe that therapy is always the answer (Gee, I'm sorry you're 40 and never got to be a ballerina, now go put on your big girl panties and get the &^%$ over it), but it is definitely a tool to use when needed.

When I get all depressed over the plight of the animals, I prefer more physical therapy. I find cutting fences to be quite cathartic.

#4 ·
I'm not a big believer in therapy either, and I also benefit from physical stuff, not by cutting fences, but through network spinal analysis treatment with my chiropractor. I just wanted someone to listen to me complain about stuff in a non-equal relationship where it's really all about me and I can be as self-indulgent as I want.

Have you read Better to Have Never Been?

#10 · (Edited)
I’m a Licensed Vegan Therapist in California with a new Vegan Therapy practice! I'm providing online video counseling sessions in CA and also outside of the U.S. (I also provide sessions in-person if you live nearby in Chico CA)

I am donating a portion of session fees to vegan advocacy groups, direct action, and farmed animal sanctuaries.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.