Vegan recipes galore! - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Vegan recipes galore!

I am trying to switch over from vegetarianism to veganism and am finding it hard to find recipes that I really enjoy.

If you're in the same boat, I found a page that has a ton of really yummy recipes: https://www.hubub.com/topic.php?id=178611

Please comment with other great recipes, if you have em'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM

I made the switch for a few weeks a little while back but found it really tough to be honest - I love cheese too much! I would recommend make changes slowly, rather than going cold turkey because it will help you get used to the vegan alternatives. Hopefully that helps!
#3 Old 09-10-2014, 12:27 PM

I've tried this, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/85779567878036159/ they're spectacular

#4 Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpackzilla View Post
I made the switch for a few weeks a little while back but found it really tough to be honest - I love cheese too much! I would recommend make changes slowly, rather than going cold turkey because it will help you get used to the vegan alternatives. Hopefully that helps!
CONGRATULATIONS on your switch!!!!

I just finished THE RAW CURE by Jesse Jacoby. He echoes what a host of other authors / Doctors have said.....CHEESE IS BAD FOR YOU....worse than red meat. My "holdout" from going from vegetarian to vegan was cheese. Specifically, cheese pizza. I kick myself for not making the switch earlier.

The last few books I've read explain in detail how BAD cheese is for your health. Have you heard any scientific evidence that states that cheese actually enhances your health?

Maybe decide what health benefits you want to obtain from your diet.

Transition on a level that suits you, but realize that in the meantime, you are filling your body with bad things. The elimination of all dairy is the best solution.

Good Luck!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Last edited by Vegan Dave; 09-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.
#5 Old 09-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

If cheese were only bad for me I'd have it often.
I don't because it's really, really bad for cows.

Please keep in mind how far a change you're making. When I first really committed to be vegan it was hard. It seemed like I had think so much, and was so limited. It took a good 6-9 months to really feel that was normal for me.
Now, about 5 years later, my ideas of what to eat are limitless. I'm not all about health but do mostly whole foods and a lot of cooking and baking.
The thought that being vegan makes it harder as a cook or baker is nothing but a cop out. If you even remotely know your way around a kitchen (and like it!) you will LOVE being vegan.

I believe I now eat more new foods than foods I've given up.
#6 Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM

I like the Happy Herbivore website and cookbooks. And I like the Forks Over Knives website and the cookbook The China Study All-Star cookbook, it has a variety of recipes from a variety of vegan chefs.

Tags
vegan recipes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page