VeggieBoards banner

Ughh hypocrites! :(

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  annabellevegan239 
#1 ·
Saw this picture today on Facebook, posted by a page called 'Funny & Interesting Things'...

Followed by the description...

It was a moment of panic, of desperation, and it could have killed her - but this was a pig who was willing to risk it all for the sake of freedom. Five metres above a busy Chinese road, she scrambled over the railing of the truck that was taking her to slaughter - and leapt. According to Metro, she miraculously survived, and has been adopted by local policemen who were touched by her will to live. They have named her 'Babe', and said "she deserves her chance of life and she has got it. She will never be eaten here."
& then of course all of the meat eater comments are like...

This Babe deserved to live after that jump,God Bless the kind policeman who felt the same.
It's so cruel the way in a lot of contries they don't hav Any freedom atall until they're killed.
What a waste of bacon.
OMG! I don't even have to explain here why this p*sses me off. The ones saying awh how cute, well done piggy, she deserves to live now etc are more frustrating than the usual idiots waxing sentimental over bacon.

& of course, any vegetarian/vegan commentors simply pointing out the injustice & hypocrisy are set upon by bunches of ignorant omnis with pathetic justifications & excuses for their behaviour.

I mean, if a life of compassion isn't for you... then fine, be that way, I can't change you. But to go out of your way to fight AGAINST veganism & vegetarianism? To defend these industries? I don't even...

I want to get off the world sometimes.

See less See more
#17 ·
Exactly. it's not perfect,but i think it will help us to progress to focus on the even smallest amount of progress and empathy shown and the little steps. Unfortunately,empathy for farm animals is one of the causes that has the least amount of empathy of all animals it seems so we can't compare it to cats and dogs yet,even if we believe they are equal. America most anyone feels lots of empathy for the cats and dogs. Someday,the same will be for pigs,too but for now even just a little good news and empathy should make us feel a glimmer of hope as we fight on with love to advance the cause.

#15 ·
This reminds me of the three legged pig joke (well not really a joke to a veg*n).

Spoiler
A traveling salesman trying to make a buck was driving through the plains of Nebraska when he decided to stop at a farmhouse coming up on his left.
As he was walking up the driveway toward the front door of the house, a pig with three legs caught his eye. It was just hobbling through the grass.
When the farmer answered the door and asked what he was selling, the salesman first asked about the three legged pig.
"That pig is the most amazing pig in the land, son." The farmer said
"Last year, our house caught fire when we were all asleep and that pig ran in and woke us all up one by one and saved our lives!"
The salesman was surprised. "That is one special pig" He said.
The Farmer replied, "That's not all. Last summer, that pig jumped into the pond and dragged my drowning son to safety. He would have died."
The salesman was in disbelief as to how incredible this pig was. "One question. Why does he have 3 legs, is it from the fire?" He asked
"No son, ya see, a pig like that you just don't eat all at one time."

#16 ·
Saw this picture today on Facebook, posted by a page called 'Funny & Interesting Things'...

Followed by the description...

& then of course all of the meat eater comments are like...

OMG! I don't even have to explain here why this p*sses me off. The ones saying awh how cute, well done piggy, she deserves to live now etc are more frustrating than the usual idiots waxing sentimental over bacon.

& of course, any vegetarian/vegan commentors simply pointing out the injustice & hypocrisy are set upon by bunches of ignorant omnis with pathetic justifications & excuses for their behaviour.

I mean, if a life of compassion isn't for you... then fine, be that way, I can't change you. But to go out of your way to fight AGAINST veganism & vegetarianism? To defend these industries? I don't even...

I want to get off the world sometimes.
that last comment is really disgusting and offensive however,i think the other comments are a start towards more empathy. I think people contradict themselves far more then they realize but pictures like that trigger some sort of empathy in most people at least in a small way. It's not perfect,but i'll take that over a bunch of people saying far worse such as the pig should be returned and slaughtered or something like that. Also,happy to hear this new story that the pig got saved. :) I hope and believe one day pig slaughter and consumption will be banned.

#18 ·
If we want to make actual change,it is essential we focus on what we want and not the lack of it. It is my belief change will not happen by focusing on those who don't turn vegan. For most people,it may indeed be a process of awakening for them and we should celebrate awakening and not feel mad they are not where we are at. We are all in different stages of awakening to things. I just find it amazing if a story like that can even be celebrated by meat eaters. It shows society is not completely lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.