Amazing looking new Daiya products are coming!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.daiyafoods.com/

Pizza, cheese slices and spreadable cream cheese!!! I'm so excited! grin.gif

I'm most excited about the cream cheese because I'm already satisfied with my regular cheese and pizza options but I'm not a huge fan of Tofutti cream cheese so that's the one thing my life is lacking right now.
zirpkatze, Purp, LadyJane1 and 1 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Beginner

i can't wait to try them all
#3 Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Beginner

Interesting that they should create their own pizza now when Tofurky already uses Daiya cheese for theirs, though honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier instead of teaming up with a bigger company that might overshadow these new products first.  I'd be curious to find out how similar (or how different?) they end up being.

And it's about time there was a Swiss variety!

#4 Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Beginner

I'm not a big fan of the tofutti cream cheese either.  Looking forward to trying daiya cream cheese.  I would most likely not use cheese slices.  

~Ok, she's deranged. But so, so playful.~
#5 Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesteve View Post

Interesting that they should create their own pizza now when Tofurky already uses Daiya cheese for theirs, though honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier instead of teaming up with a bigger company that might overshadow these new products first.  I'd be curious to find out how similar (or how different?) they end up being.

I thought that was interesting too. Apparently the Daiya pizza is also gluten free and soy free so maybe that's why they decided to make their own.
Purp and sam alshebany like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
That doggie in the window

Provolone. Very interesting.... hungry.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#7 Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Beginner

I buy Daiya a couple of times a year and stick it in the freezer and forget then notice it later and make a pizza or something. It's always good. Glad I don't eat too much of it but I will try the cream cheese if I see it.

#8 Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Beginner

I have been waiting for the provolone. <3

#9 Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Beginner

This is big. A popular vegan brand making these very important new items! I hope I get to try them! Whoa.

"There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

#10 Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Beginner

GAH! And once again I wish I lived in the US and had access to this! Ordering online and getting it shipped to the UK is just too much of a bother for something that is a luxury item...

#11 Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Beginner

I'm stoked to try these as well.  The only Daiya shreds that I like is the cheddar variety (I really liked the nacho, but they don't carry it anymore).  I've had the wedges and wasn't thrilled.  I'm hoping these turn out to be way better.  I also don't like tofutti cream cheese, so I'm hoping this will be a big hit!!

#12 Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Beginner

I'm excited for the pizza. I already love Tofutti cream cheese so I don't really need a replacement for that.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#13 Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

GAH! And once again I wish I lived in the US and had access to this! Ordering online and getting it shipped to the UK is just too much of a bother for something that is a luxury item...

Are you even able to do that?  I looked in to getting it shipped to Australia ages ago and found it near impossible.

#14 Old 03-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Beginner

Excited for all of you who live in the US! smiley.gif I'm in the UK so they don't sell it here, but it is used in the Amy's Kitchen gluten and dairy free macaroni and cheese which I ordered from goodness direct. It's really yummy :P
Particularly lusting after the cream cheese- does anyone know of any other brands of vegan cream cheese that aren't full of sugar?
#15 Old 03-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Beginner

I will be interested to see if you guys like them.  I'm a little afraid to try them.blush.gif

Beanitarian.
#16 Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Beginner

Heck yeah!! I can't wait to try them all.. LOVE the soy free and GF!

meow.
Visit my food/blog/tumblr! Thanks
http://whatsinyourfood.tumblr.com/
#17 Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

I will be interested to see if you guys like them.  I'm a little afraid to try them.blush.gif

Awww come on, live dangerously! tongue3.gif

I will definitely report back after this stuff arrives in stores here but unfortunately that might take awhile. It's SO frustrating, Daiya is literally made RIGHT HERE in my city but for some reason they start selling stuff in the US first before selling in their own country, bah.

#18 Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I will definitely report back after this stuff arrives in stores here but unfortunately that might take awhile. It's SO frustrating, Daiya is literally made RIGHT HERE in my city but for some reason they start selling stuff in the US first before selling in their own country, bah.

Hah, that's one good reason to live here.

Pretty cool that you live in their city though. Just go sneak in and "sample" some. ;)

"There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

#19 Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlie17 View Post

Excited for all of you who live in the US! smiley.gif I'm in the UK so they don't sell it here, but it is used in the Amy's Kitchen gluten and dairy free macaroni and cheese which I ordered from goodness direct. It's really yummy :P
Particularly lusting after the cream cheese- does anyone know of any other brands of vegan cream cheese that aren't full of sugar?

Didn't know that! I can get the mac and cheese at my local Tesco, so maybe I'll run out and get it for dinner soon!

#20 Old 03-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Beginner

^ Ooh, I'll have a look if its in my Tesco too then. let me know what you think! Even my mum liked it and said she wouldn't be able to tell it was vegan (big deal coming from her, she usually hates trying my food! :P)

(Wont let me quote for some reason)
#21 Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Beginner

It took so long for the stores to carry the shreds here, I doubt I'll be seeing this soon until I move to the west coast.

#22 Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Beginner

Ooooo, yum! I love Tofutti cream cheese, but those will probably be great too, and maybe even better. 

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#23 Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Beginner

:o What does strawberry cream cheese taste like?

#24 Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Beginner

I can't wait to try all of that. But I'm most interested in flavored cream cheese.

I wonder if/when they will do a string "cheese". That would be fun!

#25 Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Beginner

I've tried the mushroom pizza and all three varieties of slices.

The pizza is delicious. I loved the crust, and it uses the perfect amount of cheese. The Tofurky pizzas don't use enough cheese for me.

The slices are all good. My favorite is the cheddar. I made Big Macs with it, and it was just awesome. Even plain it's great. The Swiss was my second favorite. I had forgotten that Swiss has a distinct flavor, and this captures it. The Provolone was good in a sandwich, but not so great just to snack on.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#26 Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Beginner

I need a trip to the US one day, if only to eat the vegan food that seems to be everywhere!

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#27 Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSF View Post

I've tried the mushroom pizza and all three varieties of slices.

The pizza is delicious. I loved the crust, and it uses the perfect amount of cheese. The Tofurky pizzas don't use enough cheese for me.

The slices are all good. My favorite is the cheddar. I made Big Macs with it, and it was just awesome. Even plain it's great. The Swiss was my second favorite. I had forgotten that Swiss has a distinct flavor, and this captures it. The Provolone was good in a sandwich, but not so great just to snack on.

Thanks for the review! I'm especially excited to try that mushroom pizza, I can't wait until they start selling them in my city!

#28 Old 05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Soooo...do any of you Americans feel like boycotting it until they agree to bring it over to the UK? Anyone? No? Fiiiine.

Werewolf Girl and Shadowlock like this.
#29 Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Wow I'll be on the lookout at my local heath food store I love daiya products! Especially excited about the pizza
#30 Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Ankle Biter

I am a huge Daiya fan, however I do not like the new cheddar slices. They have an odd, almost sweet taste that is a bit off-putting. Thankfully, my husband tolerates them or else they would have gone in the trash.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page