Say Hello to New Sunflower Seed Milk on the shelves <3 - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Looks like a new Vegan milk has hit the shelves (well at least for me anyway, LOL I haven't seen it previously. :) )! This time made with sunshine and sunflower seeds.  I swear, every time I go to the store, I keep seeing the vegan milk section getting bigger and bigger. It's not just me right? :P

Grown in the USA, this sunflower seed milk is high in fiber and antioxidants! I have not tried this milk yet, I saw it at the store today though and was tempted. I thought I'd let you guys know though so you could keep an eye out for it :)

Here is the site: http://sunsationalnondairy.com/

So now, when someone inquires about our non dairy milk lifestyle, we can say "Oh there is soy, rice, almond, hemp, oat, hazelnut, coconut, cashew, 5 grain, sunflower, why not try a walnut? :) " dizzy2.gif xD

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Beginner

I'm so insanely picky when it comes to my milks. Almond milk is the only one that I like. I've tried coconut, soy, and dairy (though that is a thing of the past), all vile. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it and maybe even like it.

#3 Old 07-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratus View Post

I'm so insanely picky when it comes to my milks. Almond milk is the only one that I like. I've tried coconut, soy, and dairy (though that is a thing of the past), all vile. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it and maybe even like it.

Awesome, almond milk is delicious. So far I have loved all the non dairy milks :)

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#4 Old 07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting, that adds one more to the list I haven't tried! I still haven't tried hemp milk, oat milk, rice milk, hazelnut milk and now sunflower seed milk tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Interesting, that adds one more to the list I haven't tried! I still haven't tried hemp milk, oat milk, rice milk, hazelnut milk and now sunflower seed milk tongue3.gif

Oat milk is okay :) It tastes like creamy oats xD I think I had hazelnut milk once, but I didn't get much of a chance to try it, because I opened it, think I took a swig, and forgot to put it in the fridge >__> It had to be dumped out when I came back to it two days later.

#6 Old 07-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Beginner

Cool!

Almond milk is my favorite, but I'll have to give that a try. 

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#7 Old 07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Beginner

oh awesome! i 'd like to taste it! However I think we can find it only on american shelves I am not sure this brand to be sold in Canada. I should ask for more information. 

AS for me my favorite drink is Spelt drink. I find it so tasty and sweet. But know I miss it since I do not find it in Canada, do you have some in the USA?

Thanks for the information about sunflower drink.

#8 Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Beginner

Lovely! Pity for vegans that margarine spreads -which have had a roaring commercial success as principally vegetable oil based alternatives to butter for many many years now- were introduced at a time when veganism was at best an obscure branch of vegetarianism (which itself was considered pretty obscure by food manufacturers until more recently), otherwise we would possibly have just as many dairy-free forms of vegetable margarine now, as there are dairy-free plant based milks emerging on the market.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#9 Old 07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by saretta View Post

oh awesome! i 'd like to taste it! However I think we can find it only on american shelves I am not sure this brand to be sold in Canada. I should ask for more information. 

AS for me my favorite drink is Spelt drink. I find it so tasty and sweet. But know I miss it since I do not find it in Canada, do you have some in the USA?

Thanks for the information about sunflower drink.

No, I don't think we have spelt drink, but from the pictures the carton looks similar to this sunflower seed milk's xD

#10 Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Beginner

I, also, just saw this on the shelves the other day. As well as flax milk. My fridge is well stocked with almond and coconut right now but I'm keeping both of these in mind to try in the future.

#11 Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie View Post

I, also, just saw this on the shelves the other day. As well as flax milk. My fridge is well stocked with almond and coconut right now but I'm keeping both of these in mind to try in the future.

Awesome <3 let us know how it tastes!

#12 Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Beginner

Yes let us know! and flax milk I have never tried yet. In fact, I have never found this beverage on the shelves. I think the production may be low and the price high. as it isn't so popular yet, some stores don't dare to buy some, afraid  the beverages not to be sold.

#13 Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Beginner

It'd be interesting to see comparisons of nutritional info. for all these different milks. I'd be curious to know which is the best for EFA's for example.

#14 Old 07-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

It'd be interesting to see comparisons of nutritional info. for all these different milks. I'd be curious to know which is the best for EFA's for example.

definitely not a grain milk.  maybe walnut or pumpkin seed milk.  :)

#15 Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

definitely not a grain milk.  maybe walnut or pumpkin seed milk.  :)

Yeah, and I guess if one were motivated about it, you could actually make up your own optimum nutrition nut milk - great way to up EFA intake!

Link to recipe for home-made pumpkin milk here, I'm actually rather tempted:

http://www.live-green-smoothie-diet.com/2009/03/how-to-make-pumpkin-seed-milk/

#16 Old 07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Beginner

thank you very much for the link with the recipie. it dosn't seem too hard to do. however we may have a good blender I think

#17 Old 07-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Beginner

Making your own pumpkin milk, not a bad idea. If I ever feel that ambitious I may try it but for now I'll just let everyone know how the flax milk is once I buy it.

#18 Old 07-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Beginner

Someone on that link rec's using a juicer - after soaking seeds overnight first and mixing with water. If you had a decent juicer (unlike my little one) that would be even simpler.

#19 Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Beginner

I think a juicer would be better, coz I am afraid that with a blender the pumpkins seeds no to be well grounded. 

#20 Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Beginner

I have tasted flaxseeds drink. it was the firt time. it is the brand goodkarma. However the taste is like water with a little taste of flaxseeds that's all! I have the impression to drink water. is it the same with sunflower drink?

#21 Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saretta View Post

I have tasted flaxseeds drink. it was the firt time. it is the brand goodkarma. However the taste is like water with a little taste of flaxseeds that's all! I have the impression to drink water. is it the same with sunflower drink?

I haven't seen the sunflower milk yet. My favorite is almond milk, and it is not watery. smiley.gif
#22 Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

I haven't seen the sunflower milk yet. My favorite is almond milk, and it is not watery. smiley.gif

The sunflower seed milk seems to slowly be making it's way around. It may not be in your area yet. And yes, I love getting almond milk!

#23 Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

The sunflower seed milk seems to slowly be making it's way around. It may not be in your area yet. And yes, I love getting almond milk!

I'm keeping my eyes peeled. grin.gif
#24 Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Beginner

I'd love to try it. I love sunflower seeds. That sunflower seed nut butter type spread is really good and I've been making sunflower seed "cheese" lately. My favorite not milk so far is almond. I had hazelnut milk once and it was amazing but I have a hard time finding it here. Chocolate silk is my favorite for coffee creamer though.
#25 Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Beginner

true that almond beverage isn't watery. as for flaxseeds I have been disappointed. Too much taste of water.

#26 Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Beginner

I'll give it a try as soon as I see it :D

#27 Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Beginner

Mind = Blown.

I doubt that it tastes good, though. I've tried hemp milk and it tasted like pancake batter. FANTABULOUS in smoothies, though.

There are drawbacks of course. My church will not ressurect your dead hamster.
I am not Jesus Christ, but I can turn water into Koolaid.My church is like Jimmy Jones and totally cult and EVERYONE drinks the Koolaid and EVERYBODY dies, but for some people it doesn't kick in until they're 105 and...
#28 Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadisTheVeganZombie View Post

Mind = Blown.

I doubt that it tastes good, though. I've tried hemp milk and it tasted like pancake batter. FANTABULOUS in smoothies, though.

I dunno, you'll have to try it and tell us how it tastes. Haven't had hemp milk yet, but I have had oat milk. Tastes likes creamy oats =3

#29 Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Beginner

I'm so jealous of you guys xD I was really stoked when I saw oat milk in the supermarket where I live. I can choose between soy, rice and oat. That's it. One health food store about 30 minutes from where I live have a much better selection (almond milk FTW!!!), but it is about triple the price of oat or soy milk (I don't like rice milk...) 

I tend to just use oat milk, as that is my favorite! I never just drink it straight out of a glass though... Usually use it in either smoothies, making macchiato/latte or when making oatmeal. 

#30 Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

I'm so jealous of you guys xD I was really stoked when I saw oat milk in the supermarket where I live. I can choose between soy, rice and oat. That's it. One health food store about 30 minutes from where I live have a much better selection (almond milk FTW!!!), but it is about triple the price of oat or soy milk (I don't like rice milk...) 

I tend to just use oat milk, as that is my favorite! I never just drink it straight out of a glass though... Usually use it in either smoothies, making macchiato/latte or when making oatmeal. 

awesome :) Oatmilk is good too. Though I try to get the less expensive rice milk or somtimes almond because I'm not the one paying for my Specialty vegan foods xD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page