tattoo - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Okay, so i need feedback quick
anyways, this week i've been feeling very spontaneous (got bangs, dyed my hair red, etc) and I'm going into the city tonight for some amazing vegan food and I have 2 tattoos already, but they don't really have meaning and veganism is such a huge part of my life now and it changed me so much (obviously for the better!). So I want to get my third tattoo tonight something that symbolizes veganism/animal rights. I was thinking this: because I'm "edgy" and what not, but at the same time girly too. idk any ideas?


*WITHOUT THE VEGAN.ORG


ohhh and the spot: on the back of my neck. (all of my tattoos can be easily hidden for job oppurtunites)
jessickah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Beginner
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,676
Spontaneous tattoos are never a good idea. If you get that tattooed on you, you would look like a package of Tofurkey.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#3 Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Beginner
 
vettechinhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Scorpius has a point. Take your time picking out a tattoo and post a picture of it where you will look at it a lot every day. If you still like it six months later, it's probably something you will be happy with for years to come. Besides, if you don't research you might end up with a non-vegan tattoo. I don't know how common it is but there are vegan tattoo inks. I think typically the non-vegan inks are used but I am not sure.
vettechinhippie is offline  
#4 Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Spontaneous tattoos are never a good idea. If you get that tattooed on you, you would look like a package of Tofurkey.

i think tofurkey is hottttttt
good point though.
i do like it thoughh, and i think i have the perfect spot for it
jessickah is offline  
#5 Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Beginner
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

i think tofurkey is hottttttt
good point though.
i do like it thoughh, and i think i have the perfect spot for it

Its your body, your decision! But FYI, I have a tat on the back of my neck and it was VERY painful to have done...just a word of warning! It is easy to conceal for jobs, etc even with short hair.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#6 Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Beginner
 
vettechinhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
I have one on the back of my neck too. It didn't hurt too bad but the whole thing only took about 10 minutes.
vettechinhippie is offline  
#7 Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Its your body, your decision! But FYI, I have a tat on the back of my neck and it was VERY painful to have done...just a word of warning! It is easy to conceal for jobs, etc even with short hair.

I have a "rib piece" and that is supposed to be one of the most painful tattoo spots.
now i'll admit it was hell, but im sure i can handle it.
jessickah is offline  
#8 Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechinhippie View Post

Scorpius has a point. Take your time picking out a tattoo and post a picture of it where you will look at it a lot every day. If you still like it six months later, it's probably something you will be happy with for years to come. Besides, if you don't research you might end up with a non-vegan tattoo. I don't know how common it is but there are vegan tattoo inks. I think typically the non-vegan inks are used but I am not sure.

oh and i already called and asked bout that.
hehe that'd be really dumb to get a vegan tattoo thats made with animal products
jessickah is offline  
#9 Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Beginner
 
Bright Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 642
I like the idea of getting a tattoo that reflects your values and your dedication to veganism and the fact that you plan to have in an easily hidden location is good too. Still, you want to be sure it's something you truly want to live with. I've heard of people using markers or such to do "trial runs" of a design before getting the tattoo, that way they can see it on a daily basis for a while first. I would probably choose a different design, but that's mostly due to my own personal tastes.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

Bright Bird is offline  
#10 Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Beginner
 
Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,658
I think that tattoo is nice actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I have a "rib piece" and that is supposed to be one of the most painful tattoo spots.
now i'll admit it was hell, but im sure i can handle it.

I read that area is very painful!
Pixie is offline  
#11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I think that tattoo is nice actually.



I read that area is very painful!

thankyou
and yes it was very painful my eyes were tearing lol
jessickah is offline  
#12 Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Beginner
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,676
I think the back of the neck one hurt me so much because I have poor posture and all my stress goes to the base of my neck. The tat took about an hour or so to complete as well.
Its different for everyone!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#13 Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
yeah!
mine was over two hours lol but by then i was somewhat used to the pain!
jessickah is offline  
#14 Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Beginner
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,676
They definitely start to go numb after the first 1/2 hour.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#15 Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Beginner
 
Dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

Okay, so i need feedback quick
anyways, this week i've been feeling very spontaneous (got bangs, dyed my hair red, etc) and I'm going into the city tonight for some amazing vegan food and I have 2 tattoos already, but they don't really have meaning and veganism is such a huge part of my life now and it changed me so much (obviously for the better!). So I want to get my third tattoo tonight something that symbolizes veganism/animal rights. I was thinking this: because I'm "edgy" and what not, but at the same time girly too. idk any ideas?


*WITHOUT THE VEGAN.ORG


ohhh and the spot: on the back of my neck. (all of my tattoos can be easily hidden for job oppurtunites)

I kinda dig it. It's an easy cover up if you decide to later.

There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits
Dedalus is offline  
#16 Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Beginner
 
JerseyVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

I like the idea of getting a tattoo that reflects your values and your dedication to veganism and the fact that you plan to have in an easily hidden location is good too. Still, you want to be sure it's something you truly want to live with. I've heard of people using markers or such to do "trial runs" of a design before getting the tattoo, that way they can see it on a daily basis for a while first. I would probably choose a different design, but that's mostly due to my own personal tastes.

This is exactly what I was going to say!
JerseyVegan is offline  
#17 Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
thanks for everyones opinions
jessickah is offline  
#18 Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
waiting for the boyfriend to finish getting ready then off to philly
hopefully they arent all booked up ! i really want this !
jessickah is offline  
#19 Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Beginner
 
Rat Race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 222
I really like the logo, but I'm not keen on the word certified as this side of the pond we usually say someone is certified if they are clinically insane. I might be tempted to redraw it to make it a touch fancier and unique to yourself and definitely keep the word Vegan around it.
Rat Race is offline  
#20 Old 09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Beginner
 
Rat Race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 222
I have to say I agree with waiting as well. Also what about something like this?

Rat Race is offline  
#21 Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Beginner
 
Phoenix Days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
I like that first one, Rat race

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
Phoenix Days is offline  
#22 Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Beginner
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I like that first one, Rat race

Me too.

Also random question that always made me curious: What is the point of getting a tattoo on an area of your body that you can't see? How can you appreciate it if you can't see it?
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#23 Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Beginner
 
Rat Race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 222
Cheers. I have quite a few tatts including one on my back. You can see it no problem if you look in a mirror! For me though, the reason I have them is to mark myself as an individual, so whether you see it or not doesn't matter as you are always aware it is there.
Rat Race is offline  
#24 Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
My appt is at 10:30 and I'm only getting the heart because they said the lettering would have to be a certain size to look good and it was WAY to big for my taste. Plus, my boyfriend said people will look at it and be curious and it will make a convo about veganism. Wish me luck I'm eating a vegan peppersteak yum
jessickah is offline  
#25 Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,131
I actually like that one, it's probably the first vegan logo/tattoo type thing I've seen and really liked. Though, personally,I wouldn't get a tattoo simply because if I did get a tattoo it would be a very small Disney one in that translucent white ink, and secondly, I wouldn't even get one like that because my dream is to be a Cast Member at Disneyland and their requirement is no tattoos in order to work there. Anyways, though, I love your choice in the tattoo, the logo is simple, nice, but not too simple and not too frilly-nice like the heart ones posted on page two.

Also, where in the world did you get vegan steak?
disney.jessica is offline  
#26 Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Oh and I now have three tattoos that I can't see without looking in a mirror. (well I can see my side piece) but nobody else can unless I wear a bellytop or bikini) anyways I know they are there and that's all that matters plus I don't want to have to limit my options for a career. I think it turned out great! I'll post a picture tomorrow barely felt a thing, it's a little sore at the moment tho
jessickah is offline  
#27 Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I actually like that one, it's probably the first vegan logo/tattoo type thing I've seen and really liked. Though, personally,I wouldn't get a tattoo simply because if I did get a tattoo it would be a very small Disney one in that translucent white ink, and secondly, I wouldn't even get one like that because my dream is to be a Cast Member at Disneyland and their requirement is no tattoos in order to work there. Anyways, though, I love your choice in the tattoo, the logo is simple, nice, but not too simple and not too frilly-nice like the heart ones posted on page two.

Also, where in the world did you get vegan steak?

Govindas so soo sooo yummy! The service is terrible tho , but the food makes up for it lol. They have everything from chicken salsa soup, chicken cheese steaks, pepper steaks, ham&cheese, chicken quesadillas, burritos, etc to like a crapload of desserts!
jessickah is offline  
#28 Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Beginner
 
smiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 501
I like the tattoo! Very cool idea!
smiling is offline  
#29 Old 09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Beginner
 
rags.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 2,080
I don't really like it but I'm excited to see it (obviously, it will look really different on you.)

How did you find it? My only tattoo is on the back of my neck & I'm pretty certain I'd be covered in them now if that hadn't hurt so much.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
rags. is offline  
#30 Old 09-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243



i might get stuff added to it on my year of being a vegan, hmmm not sure yet hehe i love it tho
jessickah is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off