tattoo - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned

Okay, so i need feedback quick
anyways, this week i've been feeling very spontaneous (got bangs, dyed my hair red, etc) and I'm going into the city tonight for some amazing vegan food and I have 2 tattoos already, but they don't really have meaning and veganism is such a huge part of my life now and it changed me so much (obviously for the better!). So I want to get my third tattoo tonight something that symbolizes veganism/animal rights. I was thinking this: because I'm "edgy" and what not, but at the same time girly too. idk any ideas?

*WITHOUT THE VEGAN.ORG

ohhh and the spot: on the back of my neck. (all of my tattoos can be easily hidden for job oppurtunites)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Beginner

Spontaneous tattoos are never a good idea. If you get that tattooed on you, you would look like a package of Tofurkey.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#3 Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Beginner

Scorpius has a point. Take your time picking out a tattoo and post a picture of it where you will look at it a lot every day. If you still like it six months later, it's probably something you will be happy with for years to come. Besides, if you don't research you might end up with a non-vegan tattoo. I don't know how common it is but there are vegan tattoo inks. I think typically the non-vegan inks are used but I am not sure.
#4 Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Spontaneous tattoos are never a good idea. If you get that tattooed on you, you would look like a package of Tofurkey.

i think tofurkey is hottttttt
good point though.
i do like it thoughh, and i think i have the perfect spot for it
#5 Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

i think tofurkey is hottttttt
good point though.
i do like it thoughh, and i think i have the perfect spot for it

Its your body, your decision! But FYI, I have a tat on the back of my neck and it was VERY painful to have done...just a word of warning! It is easy to conceal for jobs, etc even with short hair.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#6 Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Beginner

I have one on the back of my neck too. It didn't hurt too bad but the whole thing only took about 10 minutes.
#7 Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Its your body, your decision! But FYI, I have a tat on the back of my neck and it was VERY painful to have done...just a word of warning! It is easy to conceal for jobs, etc even with short hair.

I have a "rib piece" and that is supposed to be one of the most painful tattoo spots.
now i'll admit it was hell, but im sure i can handle it.
#8 Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechinhippie View Post

Scorpius has a point. Take your time picking out a tattoo and post a picture of it where you will look at it a lot every day. If you still like it six months later, it's probably something you will be happy with for years to come. Besides, if you don't research you might end up with a non-vegan tattoo. I don't know how common it is but there are vegan tattoo inks. I think typically the non-vegan inks are used but I am not sure.

oh and i already called and asked bout that.
hehe that'd be really dumb to get a vegan tattoo thats made with animal products
#9 Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Beginner

I like the idea of getting a tattoo that reflects your values and your dedication to veganism and the fact that you plan to have in an easily hidden location is good too. Still, you want to be sure it's something you truly want to live with. I've heard of people using markers or such to do "trial runs" of a design before getting the tattoo, that way they can see it on a daily basis for a while first. I would probably choose a different design, but that's mostly due to my own personal tastes.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#10 Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Beginner

I think that tattoo is nice actually.

Quote:

I have a "rib piece" and that is supposed to be one of the most painful tattoo spots.
now i'll admit it was hell, but im sure i can handle it.

I read that area is very painful!
#11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I think that tattoo is nice actually.

I read that area is very painful!

thankyou
and yes it was very painful my eyes were tearing lol
#12 Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Beginner

I think the back of the neck one hurt me so much because I have poor posture and all my stress goes to the base of my neck. The tat took about an hour or so to complete as well.
Its different for everyone!

www.animal-adoptions.org

#13 Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

yeah!
mine was over two hours lol but by then i was somewhat used to the pain!
#14 Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Beginner

They definitely start to go numb after the first 1/2 hour.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#15 Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Okay, so i need feedback quick
anyways, this week i've been feeling very spontaneous (got bangs, dyed my hair red, etc) and I'm going into the city tonight for some amazing vegan food and I have 2 tattoos already, but they don't really have meaning and veganism is such a huge part of my life now and it changed me so much (obviously for the better!). So I want to get my third tattoo tonight something that symbolizes veganism/animal rights. I was thinking this: because I'm "edgy" and what not, but at the same time girly too. idk any ideas?

*WITHOUT THE VEGAN.ORG

ohhh and the spot: on the back of my neck. (all of my tattoos can be easily hidden for job oppurtunites)

I kinda dig it. It's an easy cover up if you decide to later.

There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits
#16 Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

I like the idea of getting a tattoo that reflects your values and your dedication to veganism and the fact that you plan to have in an easily hidden location is good too. Still, you want to be sure it's something you truly want to live with. I've heard of people using markers or such to do "trial runs" of a design before getting the tattoo, that way they can see it on a daily basis for a while first. I would probably choose a different design, but that's mostly due to my own personal tastes.

This is exactly what I was going to say!
#17 Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned

thanks for everyones opinions
#18 Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned

waiting for the boyfriend to finish getting ready then off to philly
hopefully they arent all booked up ! i really want this !
#19 Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Beginner

I really like the logo, but I'm not keen on the word certified as this side of the pond we usually say someone is certified if they are clinically insane. I might be tempted to redraw it to make it a touch fancier and unique to yourself and definitely keep the word Vegan around it.
#20 Old 09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Beginner

I have to say I agree with waiting as well. Also what about something like this?

#21 Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Beginner

I like that first one, Rat race

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#22 Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I like that first one, Rat race

Me too.

Also random question that always made me curious: What is the point of getting a tattoo on an area of your body that you can't see? How can you appreciate it if you can't see it?
#23 Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Beginner

Cheers. I have quite a few tatts including one on my back. You can see it no problem if you look in a mirror! For me though, the reason I have them is to mark myself as an individual, so whether you see it or not doesn't matter as you are always aware it is there.
#24 Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

My appt is at 10:30 and I'm only getting the heart because they said the lettering would have to be a certain size to look good and it was WAY to big for my taste. Plus, my boyfriend said people will look at it and be curious and it will make a convo about veganism. Wish me luck I'm eating a vegan peppersteak yum
#25 Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

I actually like that one, it's probably the first vegan logo/tattoo type thing I've seen and really liked. Though, personally,I wouldn't get a tattoo simply because if I did get a tattoo it would be a very small Disney one in that translucent white ink, and secondly, I wouldn't even get one like that because my dream is to be a Cast Member at Disneyland and their requirement is no tattoos in order to work there. Anyways, though, I love your choice in the tattoo, the logo is simple, nice, but not too simple and not too frilly-nice like the heart ones posted on page two.

Also, where in the world did you get vegan steak?
#26 Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

Oh and I now have three tattoos that I can't see without looking in a mirror. (well I can see my side piece) but nobody else can unless I wear a bellytop or bikini) anyways I know they are there and that's all that matters plus I don't want to have to limit my options for a career. I think it turned out great! I'll post a picture tomorrow barely felt a thing, it's a little sore at the moment tho
#27 Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I actually like that one, it's probably the first vegan logo/tattoo type thing I've seen and really liked. Though, personally,I wouldn't get a tattoo simply because if I did get a tattoo it would be a very small Disney one in that translucent white ink, and secondly, I wouldn't even get one like that because my dream is to be a Cast Member at Disneyland and their requirement is no tattoos in order to work there. Anyways, though, I love your choice in the tattoo, the logo is simple, nice, but not too simple and not too frilly-nice like the heart ones posted on page two.

Also, where in the world did you get vegan steak?

Govindas so soo sooo yummy! The service is terrible tho , but the food makes up for it lol. They have everything from chicken salsa soup, chicken cheese steaks, pepper steaks, ham&cheese, chicken quesadillas, burritos, etc to like a crapload of desserts!
#28 Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Beginner

I like the tattoo! Very cool idea!
#29 Old 09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Beginner

I don't really like it but I'm excited to see it (obviously, it will look really different on you.)

How did you find it? My only tattoo is on the back of my neck & I'm pretty certain I'd be covered in them now if that hadn't hurt so much.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#30 Old 09-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Banned

i might get stuff added to it on my year of being a vegan, hmmm not sure yet hehe i love it tho

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page