Vegan starbucks drinks? - Page 37 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1081 Old 03-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Beginner

Looks like you haven't sampled many of their coffee's lately!!! The Blonde Roasts and many of the other flavours they have brought out recently, are much milder to the taste...

The Burnt Effect you are describing is something that has been nearly non-existent from my perspective for well over 3-5 years... Maybe you haven't been trying the right blends...

I challenge you to go and try some samples when they offer the free tastings... Normally between 2-3pm weekdays and sometimes weekends, or just give it another try...

I'm not a big coffee drinker in general, but I am a coffee connoisseur, I love to sample and try as many samples and I can get, and I used to have the same opinion as you, but when I started trying it again 5 years ago, EVERYTHING had changed... The Aroma and Bouquet had been completely upgraded, and Starbucks was REALLY COMPETING on the world stage in terms of their product offerings... I stick primarily to their blonde roasts because of the flavour, but the full offering is really quite nice!!! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1082 Old 03-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Beginner

Very Berry Hibiscus mmmm....
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#1083 Old 04-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Cece, there's no need to advertise Starbucks. We're hardcore fans and know the system :p I have 2 Gold cards.

#1084 Old 04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

I stopped using my card when they stopped the free soymilk and syrups, I don't go there enough to bother with it.

I do go there occasionally for an iced Americano with soymilk though, mmmm.... Last summer I realized just how much better the caffeine buzz is from one of those, it makes me really happy and hyper for about 2 hours. Perfect for when I need to get a lot of cleaning done!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1085 Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I stopped using my card when they stopped the free soymilk and syrups, I don't go there enough to bother with it.

I do go there occasionally for an iced Americano with soymilk though, mmmm.... Last summer I realized just how much better the caffeine buzz is from one of those, it makes me really happy and hyper for about 2 hours. Perfect for when I need to get a lot of cleaning done!

I know, it was an awful perk to get rid of. I get a pretty decent number of promos though, 50% off espresso drinks, things like that. I've also earned 2 rewards in 2 weeks. It was great having Starbucks on my road trip to San Fran last week, I knew I could count on them for veggie food (not vegan, unfortunately).

Caffeine is the best!

#1086 Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Beginner

Some of my veggie friends eat the vegetarian protein bistro box and cake pops .... I'm rocking the teas especially the very berry hibiscus it is really good smiley.gif
#1087 Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Beginner

I whisk green tea soy lattes at home with matcha green tea.  

I write amazing books on raw foods, vegan recipes, health and battling addictions for under $5! Organic herbs and plants.

http://sagelightpublishing.miiduu.com/

#1088 Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

I've been obsessed with their iced coffee lately, it's so good with caramel and soymilk.

Plus it has a lot of caffeine, it seems to hit me harder than hot coffee does and I love it.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1089 Old 05-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I've been obsessed with their iced coffee lately, it's so good with caramel and soymilk.

Plus it has a lot of caffeine, it seems to hit me harder than hot coffee does and I love it.
Me too!! I ordered one today with extra soy and vanilla. You can get a refill for 50 cents unless you're a green or gold member, then it's free if you stay in the store and it's within an hour
#1090 Old 05-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
Me too!! I ordered one today with extra soy and vanilla. You can get a refill for 50 cents unless you're a green or gold member, then it's free if you stay in the store and it's within an hour
Good to know! I just had another venti today and then I stole some of my boyfriends when he was too slow finishing his.

#1091 Old 05-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Good to know! I just had another venti today and then I stole some of my boyfriends when he was too slow finishing his.
Sometimes a venti just isn't enough!
#1092 Old 05-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Beginner

I made a commitment to order nothing from Starbucks until they reconsider their ill advised surcharge for soy milk. I have written to them as have many others. I don't mind paying more in a latte, but in a regular coffee, a 70 cents surcharge for a tablespoon of milk is outrageous.

Two local coffeeshops do not charge for soymilk so they have my business.

Anyhow, that is my rant.
#1093 Old 05-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Beginner

Kallyo I emailed them about my annoyance with there highly inflated soy milk charge. And they sent me a lovely email back offering coupons and condolence for my displeasure. I declined both. I agree Almost 1$ extra is stupid. I know my almond, soy, coconut milk is not work that much more, I would say on sale I can get it cheaper then my boyfriend buys his cows milk.
#1094 Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyho View Post
I made a commitment to order nothing from Starbucks until they reconsider their ill advised surcharge for soy milk. I have written to them as have many others. I don't mind paying more in a latte, but in a regular coffee, a 70 cents surcharge for a tablespoon of milk is outrageous.

Two local coffeeshops do not charge for soymilk so they have my business.

Anyhow, that is my rant.
They don't charge 70 cents for a tablespoon. They should not be charging for 4 ounces or less. That's Starbucks policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellephants3 View Post
Kallyo I emailed them about my annoyance with there highly inflated soy milk charge. And they sent me a lovely email back offering coupons and condolence for my displeasure. I declined both. I agree Almost 1$ extra is stupid. I know my almond, soy, coconut milk is not work that much more, I would say on sale I can get it cheaper then my boyfriend buys his cows milk.
I've never seen organic soy milk for cheaper than cow's milk, ever. Plus, Starbucks gets a bigger discount on dairy milk since they buy in such bulk quantities. It's 60 cents and I see why. I figure if I can drop $4-5 on a drink to begin with, an extra 60 cents isn't bad.
#1095 Old 05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Beginner

well what does 4 ounces look like? Come on, I have one of those little creamer jugs about 1/2 full. I need 1 tbsp. no more. I think it is gouging. And I don't agree with your reasoning. If I am paying $3 for an ordinary coffee that is enough. I am not going to pay a surcharge on top. They don't charge for sugar, honey or ordinary milk.

But that is just me, everyone can go to Starbucks and enjoy what they like. Free world.

And they never sent me any coupons when I very respectfully complained.

Why is it then, that my local coffee shops can give me the soymilk I need in a lovely cup and a coffee roasted on the premise for $2.25 (quite a lot less than the Starbucks coffee)

So my loyalty is with the company that isn't gouging.
#1096 Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyho View Post
well what does 4 ounces look like? Come on, I have one of those little creamer jugs about 1/2 full. I need 1 tbsp. no more. I think it is gouging. And I don't agree with your reasoning. If I am paying $3 for an ordinary coffee that is enough. I am not going to pay a surcharge on top. They don't charge for sugar, honey or ordinary milk.

But that is just me, everyone can go to Starbucks and enjoy what they like. Free world.

And they never sent me any coupons when I very respectfully complained.

Why is it then, that my local coffee shops can give me the soymilk I need in a lovely cup and a coffee roasted on the premise for $2.25 (quite a lot less than the Starbucks coffee)

So my loyalty is with the company that isn't gouging.
Again, if you need only 1 tablespoon, they should not be charging you for it (this info is coming from numerous employees). If you go again and ask for a tablespoon and they try to charge you, tell them you heard they don't charge for less than 4 ounces (unless you want it steamed). The cost of honey, sugar, and creamer is factored into the price. Soy milk is not in large quantities.

Were you looking for coupons?

I'm pretty sure the tall Starbucks coffees are about $2.15-ish. Last time I checked (I don't usually get hot coffee). I don't feel gouged at Starbucks, personally. No more than other shops. A local coffee shop I used to go into would charge me more for a 20 ounce cold drink than Starbucks charged for a 24 ounce. My local stores all charge more for soy. I wish they didn't, I do miss the free soy perk for Gold members. I wish Starbucks would bring that back. They made a bad move by taking that away. 12 transactions per free drink instead of 15 still ends up costing soy drinkers more.
#1097 Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Beginner

Wink

I will try the 4 ounce thing. I just want to pour some into my hot coffee. i make it at home all the time and I use a tbsp. But I am pretty sure they are going to say no.

BUT I might order a black coffee and THEN ask for the soymilk and add a bit. Or I might just boycott the whole place. Thanks for the info though.
#1098 Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Interesting about the 4 ounces being free for soymilk. Although i basically only ever got frapps from starbucks. So i think they may use more then 4 ounces in those. I know that starbucks must get great cows milk discounts do to the sheer volume they go threw. BUT I still think what they charge for soy milk is insane. A 30cent extra charge i would be fine with. But 69cents or whatever it is I cant get on board with. In Canada we have another big coffee chain called blenz. I should check out if they have an up charge for soy milk and if so how much. Just too compare.
#1099 Old 05-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellephants3 View Post
Interesting about the 4 ounces being free for soymilk. Although i basically only ever got frapps from starbucks. So i think they may use more then 4 ounces in those. I know that starbucks must get great cows milk discounts do to the sheer volume they go threw. BUT I still think what they charge for soy milk is insane. A 30cent extra charge i would be fine with. But 69cents or whatever it is I cant get on board with. In Canada we have another big coffee chain called blenz. I should check out if they have an up charge for soy milk and if so how much. Just too compare.
Considering how little liquid is in the frappuccino, they really shouldn't be charging for it (but they do). Since their soy is non-GMO/Organic, I can see why it's more. I do think 60 cents is a lot, but I'm sure they've calculated how much it costs them. Every coffee shop near me charges for soy or almond, it's always between 50-75 cents.

I hope someday (in the semi near future) non-dairy milk becomes even more mainstream and cheaper. I'm still paying twice as much per volume at the store compared to dairy because our stupid government subsidizes the cost. Stupid move on the government's part.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page