Don't eat the veggie patty from Subway (If you're vegan)! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Beginner

I was all about it when I read this:

What menu items at SUBWAY® restaurants are vegan/do not contain animal-derived ingredients?
The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. These individual items do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and fruizle. The 9-grain wheat bread contains honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.

Then I read this:
http://veggiecookster.blogspot.com/2...ty-subway.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Beginner

Nice spot, thanks!

^_^
http://thecookiedoe.blogspot.com/
#3 Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Beginner

Yeah Before I went vegan I liked the vegimax patty sometimes.

Have you heard of http://welovesubway.com ?
Wouldn't it be cool if subway had more veg options?
#4 Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Beginner

Gotta say I was bummed this morning
#5 Old 12-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

I don't understand, why shouldn't we eat the veggie delite? The vegetable patty is not vegan, so the veggie delite is the only option for vegans. I didn't see anything in your link saying the delite is bad
#6 Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Beginner

You just pretty much said what I just posted. The Veggie Delite sandwich consists of bread, veggies and a veggie patty. So in other words if you were to go to Subway and ask for the veggie delite they would give you the sandwich with the patty, which has egg whites in it. That was the point of this thread
#7 Old 12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Beginner

#8 Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Beginner

I agree that the OP is confused. The veggie delite doesn't come with the nonvegan veggie/mushroom patty.
#9 Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Beginner

Veggie Patty does not equal the veggie delight. They are 2 different sandwiches.
#10 Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Beginner

The Veggie Delite is vegan. I don't think my local Subway even carries the veggie patty.

*this space not for sale*
#11 Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Kari View Post

You just pretty much said what I just posted. The Veggie Delite sandwich consists of bread, veggies and a veggie patty. So in other words if you were to go to Subway and ask for the veggie delite they would give you the sandwich with the patty, which has egg whites in it. That was the point of this thread

When I do go to Subway and order a Veggie Delite on Italian with oil and vinegar, they never try to put the patty on it. If I were to see them go in the back and try to microwave a patty, I would simply tell them I didn't want it before they did and especially before they made it in front of my and gave it to me?

It's vegan guy, calm-calm.
#12 Old 12-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Beginner

Like everyone else said they are two entirely different sandwiches. They will not automatically put the patty on the veggie delight. You have to specifically order the veggie patty sub in order to actually get the veggie patty.
#13 Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Beginner

It may be a regional difference. I have been with co-workers when they have ordered the veggie delight, in which they received a veggie patty. And, of course, you can always say no to it.

~Ok, she's deranged. But so, so playful.~
#14 Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

the link you posted to is from 2007.

is it possible that in the past 3 years subway might have changed the burger they use?

has anyone suggested to them that they could broaden the market for it if they cut the eggs and dairy out?
#15 Old 12-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Beginner

The Veggie Delight is NOT the one with the patty. I've eaten at dozens of Subways, and no one has EVER attempted to put a patty on my Veggie Delight. They always get confused when I say "no cheese", but that's just them being confused by veganism in general...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#16 Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Beginner

whew!
glad we got this cleared up cuz i love me some patty-free veggie delites at least once a month.

carpe vegiem
#17 Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Beginner

#18 Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Beginner

Whew! I just had a whole bunch of Veggie Delites at Subway last week. I was pretty sure they were all veg*n. There were no patties in them.
#19 Old 12-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Beginner

I love veggie delights with every veggie! I ask them to toast the bread with the sweet onion dressing and tomatoes before adding the other veggies (don't like cold tomatoes and it gets the whole sandwich just right!).
They do look puzzled when I say no cheese.
Mine doesn't have veggie patties. Good. How different are vegan patties? It seems like a conspiracy that restaurants make it intentionally hard for vegans.
#20 Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneticallymodified View Post

the link you posted to is from 2007.

is it possible that in the past 3 years subway might have changed the burger they use?

has anyone suggested to them that they could broaden the market for it if they cut the eggs and dairy out?

It's the same one. I would definitely support a petition to change the patty to a vegan one

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

The Veggie Delight is NOT the one with the patty. I've eaten at dozens of Subways, and no one has EVER attempted to put a patty on my Veggie Delight. They always get confused when I say "no cheese", but that's just them being confused by veganism in general...

Yeah, why do the workers get so confused with the no cheese request? There are people who are lactose intolerant or don't like cheese, vegans aren't the only ones who order no cheese. I get the weirdest looks
#21 Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Yeah, why do the workers get so confused with the no cheese request? There are people who are lactose intolerant or don't like cheese, vegans aren't the only ones who order no cheese. I get the weirdest looks

They are probably confused because all we are ordering is basically a salad on bread!

I joined the welovesubway.com compaign and I really do hope they listen to us and take our suggestions into consideration. I would LOVE some more options.
#22 Old 12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

They are probably confused because all we are ordering is basically a salad on bread!

Isn't that basically what a sandwich is when it has lettuce?
#23 Old 12-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:

The "cheese lady" at Qdoba is down right offended every time I tell her no cheese. Not so much denying her the sour cream, but she takes that cheesing job seriously! I get guacamole, hot salsa and pico de gallo (sometimes, I can't stand tons of raw onion especially red onions so I always look before I decide) so it's not like she is completely useless in that assembly line. She wraps a fine burrito!
#24 Old 12-19-2010, 12:30 PM
HNV
Beginner

Quote:

I joined the welovesubway.com compaign and I really do hope they listen to us and take our suggestions into consideration. I would LOVE some more options.

Quote:

Isn't that basically what a sandwich is when it has lettuce?

Not when you get spinach instead of lettuce, and add double avocado..

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#25 Old 12-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNV View Post

There are salads made with spinach and avocado I had avocado on my dinner salad last night.
#26 Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNV View Post

I've never been to a Subway that had either of those things
#27 Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Beginner

my Subway has spinach and shredded carrots. and once in a blue moon, roasted red peppers! yum. it's also open til like 11 at night, unless they changed that in the last few months.

I actually was completely unaware Subway even had a veggie patty sub, so this was enlightening, thanks too bad it's not eggless, though.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#28 Old 12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

It sucks that some locations don't carry them. My local store has avocado, but half of the time they're not ripe so they don't sell them.
#29 Old 12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

This. I've never even seen a veggie patty at a Subway but I haven't looked for one either; nobody has ever offered me a gardenburger or veggie patty with my veggie delite. The Subways around here are notoriously stingy with simple things like onions and cucumbers so they are definitely not going to give you a faux meat patty by accident.

Quote:

Me either, I'd love some spinach on my veggie delite.
#30 Old 12-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Beginner

On the menus I've seen, they list the veggie delite and veggie patty separate. They pulled it from the menu for a while, then brought it back. If I recall, the delite used to include the patty but since they've brought it back, they kept the delite with veggies as they did during the hiatus. The patty is more expensive and doesn't qualify for the 5.00 footlong, like the delite does...and actually, the 6" patty sandwich is about 5.00 on it's own. I rarely order from there unless Im in a rush. I love avocado, but the ones I've been to that offer it is guacamole instead of slices. I don't mind that on a vegan patty/burger but it doesn't seem right on a veggie sandwich. I notice the bewilderment regarding cheese also. I guess because it's included in the price it just astounds them that someone has actually turned down a free item that you usually pay extra for at a fast food joint.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page