Beans vegan at Del Taco? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I'm glad you found that on the website. I don't know if the ingredient list was there 2 years ago when I posted last, but at least it's there now.

The ingredients are even scarier than I imagined. Yep, the beans have the grossest additive of all: carmine. I still haven't been to Del Taco and this revelation will guarantee I won't be going in the future.

They definitely weren't there 2 years ago. I remember looking numerous times.

Carmine is so gross!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

They never taste the same. Plus, people don't always have the ingredients on hand, so they might have to make a trip to the store first, then come home and make it. Might be on the road, so not near home. I'm only at my house about 4-5 days a week, fast food is too common in my life.

Ya I could never get that preservative fake taste to match burritos I make at home.
It's easy to keep burrito ingredients on hand, I almost always have ingredients for burritos.
When I go on the road I bring food with me like burritos, they are the perfect transport/carry along food. Fast food doesn't have to be common in your life if you plan ahead and bring food with you, also I don't I don't know why anyone would go to del taco or taco bell when they have a choice to get Bakers!!
#33 Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

Ya I could never get that preservative fake taste to match burritos I make at home.
It's easy to keep burrito ingredients on hand, I almost always have ingredients for burritos.
When I go on the road I bring food with me like burritos, they are the perfect transport/carry along food. Fast food doesn't have to be common in your life if you plan ahead and bring food with you, also I don't I don't know why anyone would go to del taco or taco bell when they have a choice to get Bakers!!

That fake taste is good laugh.gif It's what I grew up on.

Tortillas mold pretty fast, even in the fridge (where they dry up). I actually don't eat burritos very often, they're not my favorite food.

When I said on the road, I meant traveling for an extended period of time. I've taken my Amy's burritos on a plate with me while driving to work, that's definitely doable. But if I'm away from home for 9+ hours, sometimes fast food is the only option.

I like Bakers! I get the budget tostada meal with fries and a Cherry coke. Or the Boca burger, no cheese and no lettuce. Nom. It's usually out of my way though. Del Taco is on my way. There are 4 Del Tacos on my way home. I rarely go, but it's usually my top pick when I'm so hungry that I'm feeling dizzy.

#34 Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Beginner

My brother lived off the bean burritos from taco bell when he first became a vegetarian 

Sundown at Granada || NEIGHBORHOOD BEER GARDEN & RESTAURANT

#35 Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Beginner

I know they are two different places...I was just answering Jessikah's question. :) Although next time I may try the 7-layer sans cheese and sour cream.

#36 Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:

Just wanted to clarify that Del Taco and Taco Bell are two different fast food places.

lol I think we are all aware :P

#37 Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

lol I think we are all aware :P

Just wanted to make sure people knew. I think many people who don't have Del Taco in their area might glance at the title and think Taco Bell, especially when the topic has changed.

I wish I could take my favorites from each and make it one store.

#38 Old 06-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

Just wanted to make sure people knew. I think many people who don't have Del Taco in their area might glance at the title and think Taco Bell, especially when the topic has changed.

I wish I could take my favorites from each and make it one store.

never heard of a del tacooo!

I am really craving mexican after this though lol might have to swing by taco bell.

#39 Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Wait, since when does Taco Bell and Del Taco make people crave Mexican? The 2 places are not even close to Mexican food laugh.gif

#40 Old 06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

You're talking to someone who hasnt touched fastfood or mexican in over two years...

you tell me ;)

#41 Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Beginner

It does not. The 7 layer burrito sans sourcream and cheese is vegan, as is a fresco bean burrito.

#42 Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

You're talking to someone who hasnt touched fastfood or mexican in over two years...

you tell me ;)

It's a joke with everyone who knows true Mexican food. Taco Bell is as American as burgers. tongue3.gif

#43 Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

I know lol

I used to go to the cutest little traditional hole in the wall mexican place as an omni.

I wouldnt even want to go to a mexican place unless it was targeted towards vegans.

#44 Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Beginner

The beans are in fact vegan . . . I realize a lot of people on this forum were unable to find suitable information regarding this so here is the link from Del Taco that clearly states it makes lard free beans http://www.deltaco.com/index.php?page=12&item_id=49

#45 Old 08-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Winfield View Post

The beans are in fact vegan . . . I realize a lot of people on this forum were unable to find suitable information regarding this so here is the link from Del Taco that clearly states it makes lard free beans http://www.deltaco.com/index.php?page=12&item_id=49

Just because the beans are lard-free, doesn't make them vegan. They have coloring made from bugs, making them not vegan safe.
#46 Old 08-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Beginner

I was gonna go raw vegan but nevermind yall made me hungrayy!! taco bell time.

#47 Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Beginner

Vegans eat at Taco Bell? This is truly madness!

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#48 Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Beginner

I guess you can say Im more of a dietary vegan than a ethical one or I'd never eat at any fast food place unless it was a vegan restarant. 

#49 Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Beginner

Unless you're eating their animal products, I don't see anything unethical about eating at a place that serves veg*n options as well as non-veg*n. If anything, I think it helps.. because it increases the demand for veg*n food. But that's my 2 cents :p

#50 Old 08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post

Unless you're eating their animal products, I don't see anything unethical about eating at a place that serves veg*n options as well as non-veg*n. If anything, I think it helps.. because it increases the demand for veg*n food. But that's my 2 cents :p

There are a lot of things unethical about supporting a fast-food restaurant (and operator: Yum!; Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut) which unethically sources its meat and produce. Ethics pertaining to human poverty and famine are just as important to me as the ethics of animal slaughter, and this company betrays those ethics as well as the environment. But of course... it's for your convenience to be complacent with these practices.

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#51 Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

A BBQ restaurant near me added a whole vegetarian/vegan section to their menu after I talked to the manager. Now even some omnis will get the portabella skewer instead of meat, and veg*ns have somewhere else to eat. With dollar drafts. grin.gif
#52 Old 08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Beginner

Happy to say I just got back from the cardinals game and they served veggie burgers and it was deliciously guilt free, btw the baseball stadium also serves meat and I dont feel because a place serves meat I shouldnt go there and support the team, I guess its a matter of opionion rather that would be unethical lol go cards!

#53 Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post

Happy to say I just got back from the cardinals game and they served veggie burgers and it was deliciously guilt free, btw the baseball stadium also serves meat and I dont feel because a place serves meat I shouldnt go there and support the team, I guess its a matter of opionion rather that would be unethical lol go cards!

I don't think supporting a place which serves meat is unethical. Many of the farm markets I go to sell meat as well as produce. The problem is when the meat they serve is unethically sourced, but I digress. 

#54 Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Beginner

I'm vegan and walked in and just asked the people. All the beans are vegan and the rice is vegan. I said there was a lot of confusion online and the manager said they USED to put butter on their "Mexican rice" but they've replaced that with a lemon rice which has no butter. I ated their veggie works burrito minus cheese n cream.... Nothing to write home about, Taco Bell tastes better but I'm on a road trip and this was my only option.
#55 Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggirex View Post

I'm vegan and walked in and just asked the people. All the beans are vegan and the rice is vegan. I said there was a lot of confusion online and the manager said they USED to put butter on their "Mexican rice" but they've replaced that with a lemon rice which has no butter. I ated their veggie works burrito minus cheese n cream.... Nothing to write home about, Taco Bell tastes better but I'm on a road trip and this was my only option.

They may have changed it, but as stated above, the beans have bug dye in them last time we checked.

#56 Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

According to their site:

Beans: Pinto Beans, Water, Seasoning (See Bean Seasoning), - OR* -, Pinto Beans, Salt, Contains One Or More Of The Following: Canola, Corn, Palm Oil (Preserved With TBHQ, And, Citric Acid), Seasoning (Natural Flavor, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spice and Color, Soy Sauce Powder (Soy Sauce (Wheat, Soybeans)), Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide), Caramel Color, Carmine Color, Will Contain Either One Of The Ingredient Statements, Depending Upon Regional Suppliers.

May or may not be vegan.

#57 Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Quote:

They never taste the same. Plus, people don't always have the ingredients on hand, so they might have to make a trip to the store first, then come home and make it. Might be on the road, so not near home. I'm only at my house about 4-5 days a week, fast food is too common in my life.

Good point Heather, I love making food at home but I'm often gone for 12 hour days and 3-4 days at a time. Yes good food can be made cheaply at home but you've got to be home to make it!

#58 Old 11-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

Good point Heather, I love making food at home but I'm often gone for 12 hour days and 3-4 days at a time. Yes good food can be made cheaply at home but you've got to be home to make it!

That's been my life lately. I've been eating WAY too much restaurant and fast food. I plan on cooking today, then I'll have a few meals to put in the freezer for later.

#59 Old 03-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Beginner

So, I know you guys are talking about Del Taco but I only have Taco Bell around me. Can someone verify that a bean burrito from Taco Bell is vegan? I always get a soft taco with beans instead of animals and no cheese. I only go there once every few weeks but I would like to have the piece of mind. 

Thank You!

Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

Just because we always have, doesn't mean we always have to.

Once we KNOW better, we should DO better.

~Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page