St. Ive's Vegan? - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Beginner

I have recently come to notice that most St. Ive's body care products list "no animal testing and no animal ingredients." I think this is wonderful but I was wondering if anyone has delved deeper into this claim and has any info to share on it. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

Are St. Ive's products vegan or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Beginner

I use it! I love St.Ives Apricot Scrub.

Some of their products are vegan, however not all. You can go to their website and click on individual products. If it says "Contains no animal ingredients" in the list, it is vegan.. None of their products are tested on animals. Also, Caring Consumer does list St.Ives as vegan.
#3 Old 08-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Beginner

I use some of their products that say that. No animal testing and no animal ingredients = vegan to me.
#4 Old 08-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Beginner

Cool I appreciate your input. I just noticed it when they started their new packaging, so I wasn't sure if they were just trying to appeal or were true in their word.
#5 Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Beginner

I tend not to trust when companies just write that on their products. I use stuff approved by BUAV (www.gocrueltyfree.org) so it has an independent logo like the leaping bunny.
Some places put thir own claims on and although the final product may not have been tested on animals some of the ingrediants may have been, so techincally they can claim 'not tested on animals'

Not all companies on the BUAV site are vegan though, just means the product has never been tested on animals in its production process. Hope this helps.
#6 Old 08-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTChick01 View Post

I use some of their products that say that. No animal testing and no animal ingredients = vegan to me.

Same over here!

Vegards,
Yen
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
#7 Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

I tend not to trust when companies just write that on their products. I use stuff approved by BUAV (www.gocrueltyfree.org) so it has an independent logo like the leaping bunny.
Some places put thir own claims on and although the final product may not have been tested on animals some of the ingrediants may have been, so techincally they can claim 'not tested on animals'

Not all companies on the BUAV site are vegan though, just means the product has never been tested on animals in its production process. Hope this helps.

But what if a company just recently started being cruelty free? How long does it take to get in the BUAV and be considered a cruelty free company?

I emailed St. Ives to see if they buy any ingredients from other companies that test on animals and also asked them about being listed with BUAV and being cruelty free. I'll let everyone know what they say.
#8 Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I emailed St. Ives to see if they buy any ingredients from other companies that test on animals and also asked them about being listed with BUAV and being cruelty free. I'll let everyone know what they say.

Yay! Keep us updated

Vegards,
Yen
Facebook: http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com
Twitter: @yenhowell
#9 Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Beginner

Quote:

But what if a company just recently started being cruelty free? How long does it take to get in the BUAV and be considered a cruelty free company?

All the info is on their site @ www.gocrueltyfree.org
They explain how the companys need to prove a fixed cut off date to be approved.

Superdrug (in the uk) have just been approved and the logo isnt yet on all the products, so it still takes time for that to happen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page